Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Seamai wrote: »
    Aubergine parmigiana tonight, a bit messy to make between salting the aubergines, then flouring, egging and breadcrumbing before frying and building up the layers and bunging in the oven, all you need is some salad and a glass of red wine and I'm not even a vegetarian.

That's one of my all-time favourites! Well, when I can be bothered to make it, it is a lot of work. But it's so delicious, the perfect food of the gods :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

BBQ for the day that’s in it! Can’t take any credit for it, himself did all the hard work and that made it even better! :D

M&S ultimate burgers, brioche buns, smokey bacon and white cheddar. Scraping of Ketchup and loaded with guacamole for mine.

Dj Bbq dry rub recipe for the chicken wings and dirty onions.

I barely ate all day in anticipation and it did not disappoint!

I’d love to say it was enjoyed in the garden on such a lovely day but we ate it off our laps in the sitting room watching Glastonbury :D

483968.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

My Sunday dinner was corned beef hash and York cabbage,

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Tagliatelle Napoli

gffmi36.jpg

As someone said, traditional food is hard to beat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

Was eating out so I can not take any credit for this one personally. But I nommed into a 700g Burger with cheese added last night just to see if I could.

https://pasteboard.co/ImhSops.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,403 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Was eating out so I can not take any credit for this one personally. But I nommed into a 700g Burger with cheese added last night just to see if I could.

And did you? :confused:

Could you eat another one right now?:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Were you auditioning to take over as host of Man Vs Food? How many pounds of fries?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,483 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Made a nice taco soup with plenty left over for the weekend.

Last week it was a lovely mince stew, next week will do a potato soup.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Big BBQ last night as the in-laws were visiting

Butterfly leg of lamb wit garlic and barbs
    Prawn skewers
    Tandoor chicken skewers
    Miso glazed aubergine & courgette
    Grilled asparagus
    Oven-roasted cubed baby new potatoes
    Baked sweet potatoes with lime & coriander dressing
    Mozzarella & cheese salad with basil & white balsamic

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Treating myself tonight. I made beef in garlic and chili stir fry. Marinated the sirloin beef slices to make them nice and tender. Green pepper, onion, carrot and water chestnuts are the veg. Sauce mix was Oyster sauce, Siriacha hot chilli sauce, hot chili flakes and some cornflower/water. Enjoying a few beers before I steam the rice. Its all tubbed off just like the takeaway. Reheats perfectly.

garlic chili beef.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We had spaghetti bolognese tonight.

IMG-6469.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Garlic, Rosemary & Thyme Lamb Loin Chops with pearl spelt salad(pomegranate, courgette & mint)

484959.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Wtf ?

Totally broke, I left my wallet elsewhere and had to dig into change jar. Got lucky last night at Tesco ( I left it till nearly closing to max my chances) Here's what I got...
    2zodiy1.jpg

End result, Stir Fry beef with mushrooms and onions, Tomatoes baked with basil and some new spuds in butter.I also had toast for this morning. Total cost in Tesco E2.93.
    I am having the same tonight When you are in need, you will, and very tasty it was too. The reduced section is always worth a look if you are going home to cook it now.

mm8mqg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Mushroom & Fennel Risotto
    485031.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Didn't know whether to post in the BBQ/Grilling thread or this one, but ultimately decided on here.

Had a lazy afternoon lounging out the back, so stoked the BBQ and stuck a loin of pork on it.

Rubbed it in oil first, then some BBQ seasoning to obtain the lovely crust, wrapped in clingfilm and stuck it in the fridge for a few hours.

IMG-20190713-193937.jpg

Had it on indirect heat for 25 - 30 mins turning every five minutes or so.

IMG-20190713-193734.jpg

Served it with a lovely side salad of gem lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, scallions and radishes, homemade dressing of a ½ and ½ mix of lime juice, olive oil with salt and pepper.

IMG-20190713-190619.jpg

Bit of hummus on the side, and a nice bit of flat bread.

Served it up just in time to watch the Roscommon match.

Forget your sausages/burgers etc, I don't think I've ever had a nicer piece of meat from the BBQ ever. This will definitely get a second run.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Last night I had chicken mini fillets with chimichurri seasoning, sweet potatoes with onions & garlic, and roasted veg.

IMG-6496.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,403 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

BBQ’d Squid and Gambas

C470-E25-A-52-FA-48-A3-8-FA8-A9024-E67265-F.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Had an unexpected call from some friends this evening, wasn't sure what to pull out of the hat for dessert at short notice , tried sliced strawberries marinated for an hour in Irish cider balsamic vinegar spooned over some vanilla ice cream and it was fantastic, who knew something that simple would be so delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,895 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Had an unexpected call from some friends this evening, wasn't sure what to pull out of the hat for dessert at short notice , tried sliced strawberries marinated for an hour in Irish cider balsamic vinegar spooned over some vanilla ice cream and it was fantastic, who knew something that simple would be so delicious.

That apple balsamic is fantastic stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

That apple balsamic is fantastic stuff.

It certainly is, not cheap but a little goes a long way and you'd pay as much for a good quality Italian balsamic ( or ballsmatic as I once heard someone calling it).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

It certainly is, not cheap but a little goes a long way and you'd pay as much for a good quality Italian balsamic ( or ballsmatic as I once heard someone calling it).

Or Basmatic if you're my mother in law. Also, that wine/red colour? Oh yes, that'd be 'burgaden' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭trashcan

Didn't know whether to post in the BBQ/Grilling thread or this one, but ultimately decided on here.

Had a lazy afternoon lounging out the back, so stoked the BBQ and stuck a loin of pork on it.

Rubbed it in oil first, then some BBQ seasoning to obtain the lovely crust, wrapped in clingfilm and stuck it in the fridge for a few hours.

Had it on indirect heat for 25 - 30 mins turning every five minutes or so.

Served it with a lovely side salad of gem lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, scallions and radishes, homemade dressing of a ½ and ½ mix of lime juice, olive oil with salt and pepper.

Bit of hummus on the side, and a nice bit of flat bread.

Served it up just in time to watch the Roscommon match.

Forget your sausages/burgers etc, I don't think I've ever had a nicer piece of meat from the BBQ ever. This will definitely get a second run.

Did it not dry up ? That's what I'd be afraid of doing it like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Had a turkey rasher, mozarella, pesto and sundried tomato baguette and cooked it on both sides toasted in butter squished like a cubano. Really hit the spot.

IMG-20190721-132747.jpg

Never ever trust a wire rack, Had a toasted sambo instead lol :D
    [IMG][/img]1jvyu8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,895 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

trashcan wrote: »
    Did it not dry up ? That's what I'd be afraid of doing it like that.

If overcooked, it will be dry but what's in the pic looks lovely.
    Looks more like a pork fillet/steak than a loin to me, though.

Better result tonight after last nights pizza disaster. I find it so hard to cook for one, Give me 4 or 6 anytime and I'm comfy !
    [IMG][/img]1excm1.jpg
    Just sausages peas, mash and an onion gravy and 2 slices of batch loaf...schhhh

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Peanut butter stew, with plum tomatoes, chickpeas, spinach, cannellini beans, potato garlic, onion and white truffle oil

PrNThFKl.jpg

Bit oily for me but looks nice

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Wtf ? wrote: »

I'll take your bangers and mash. A meal for kings and queens.

I add beans to it and get grief for it. Apparently beans with gravy is yuk. But I swear by it. Peas are good too!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Wtf ? wrote: »

The oil on top is completely optional! It's the first time I ever did it. :)

Advertisement