Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the weather like in your area 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

davidk1394 wrote: »
    It is cold and windy. Busy watching the lambs that are outside to make sure they are alright

And our stock is out grazing 24/7....we must be top of the league.
    Sounds like right PITA, If I had to go out at 10 to move sheep....they'd stay where they are

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

whelan2 wrote: »
    That's the point though. It's not a willy waving competition

..... or a fanny flashing one either :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

valtra2 wrote: »
    With the price you guys down there are paying for land you would want them out all year round.

Post of the year.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Timmaay wrote: »
    Utterly bucketed down here the last hr, drains flooding up etc. Cows standing off on the slatts at the minute, booting them across to the silage paddock they were grazing today is definitely not a running at the min, time to go find a closer spot that they won't do as much damage getting into tonight. Will leave them standing off till 10 or 11pm. Been flatout from 7am till now, and prb an hr ahead of me still, I utterly fooking hate March!!!
    Not a drop of rain here all day, Tim, strong, cold wind blowing with great drying all day and a huge improvement in ground conditions since the morning.

You'd swear we were a thousand miles apart rather than 160 or 170 miles:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

No rain in 2 days . ground conditions great apart from one or two spots. Windy alright but everything is a hell of a lot better when its dry,

• Advertisement

Not a drop of rain here all day, Tim, strong, cold wind blowing with great drying all day and a huge improvement in ground conditions since the morning.

You'd swear we were a thousand miles apart rather than 160 or 170 miles:(

I'm even closer to Timmaay and have no rain all day.
    It stopped about 9 am this morning and even then it wasn't that much over night.
    Even when the father was bringing the calves to the mart in enniscorthy this morning it was bucketing rain in there and not a drop here.

It's swings and roundabouts with this stuff.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭degetme

got a fair belt of snow in south limerick this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    I'm even closer to Timmaay and have no rain all day.
    It stopped about 9 am this morning and even then it wasn't that much over night.
    Even when the father was bringing the calves to the mart in enniscorthy this morning it was bucketing rain in there and not a drop here.

It's swings and roundabouts with this stuff.:o
    DO you have a big umbrella over your farm :D

DO you have a big umbrella over your farm :D

I must have!:)
    I'm not sure what's happened the last few days as we've escaped the worst of it and usually any rain going hits here.

Even when timmaay was saying last night about the rain. I looked at the radar on Met Eireann and all the rain was going around wexford from Wicklow down to Waterford.
    I only brought the cows in last night from reading MT cranium's weather forecast last night for snow accumulations. So started up the tractor and bedded the houses. I'd say the neighbours thought i'd lost it with the tractor going at 12 o clock at night.:pac:

Nice morning.Cows back out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,366 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Nice morning.Cows back out.

Yeah savage day here so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Lovely day here in mid tipp.let the cows back out yesterday around midday.hopefully out to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

boggerman1 wrote: »
    Lovely day here in mid tipp.let the cows back out yesterday around midday.hopefully out to stay.

Glorious day here. Met eireann forecasting dry weather forecast for next 5 days!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Fencing for letting cows out next week and tis only marvelous!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Is it invisible?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Muckit wrote: »
    Is it invisible?

It's behind me, sure why would a take a photo of a stupid fence when I've a view like that in the other direction :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Lovely spring morning. About 4°C

Yeah It looks well from the bed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Super morning, so good the cows said they'd go for a stroll thru the wire, not the slightest inclination to come in for milking the feckers

Great day today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I was half tempted to get the barbecue out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Super day here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Super day here.

Would you not think a small bit early for grass seed?
    You could have savage grass come 2nd week May if the weather played ball... but if we got late frosts, you could be caught... I pose tis anytime you plant something tis a gamble on the weather... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Trying to get afew of the wetter paddocks close to the parlour grazed off (fed up of walking the cows 4times a day to the far silage ground), the inch and a half of rain during the week has left them the wettest and softest they have been all spring/winter! Had to let the cows into one of them tonight, 2 more are an utter no go zone for the next week at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

You could have savage grass come 2nd week May if the weather played ball... but if we got late frosts, you could be caught... I pose tis anytime you plant something tis a gamble on the weather... :)

That field was no good the way it was. Finished very heavy cattle in it the back end so was do it now or wait another few wks and not being able to graze it anyway.

I'd say anytime you can get the ground dry in Galway is a good time to sow.:pac:

It's giving it wet again from Tuesday and to the weekend and then the weekend is looking promising again for a few days but then the GFS is giving it wet again up to the 10th April. So no frost there. But as always it's not set in stone it's just a guideline.

Some rush with tractors going on around me here with lads sowing corn and getting ground ready for potatoes. 24 hours job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    I'd say anytime you can get the ground dry in Galway is a good time to sow.:pac:

It's giving it wet again from Tuesday and to the weekend and then the weekend is looking promising again for a few days but then the GFS is giving it wet again up to the 10th April. So no frost there. But as always it's not set in stone it's just a guideline.

Some rush with tractors going on around me here with lads sowing corn and getting ground ready for potatoes. 24 hours job.

Yeah, plenty lads ploughing and tilling round here too. Haven't seen any corn in yet, but that could be tomorrow's job.

Meant to say Clough that I hope it goes well for you. Didn't mean to come across hoping that it wouldn't...

Yeah, plenty lads ploughing and tilling round here too. Haven't seen any corn in yet, but that could be tomorrow's job.

Meant to say Clough that I hope it goes well for you. Didn't mean to come across hoping that it wouldn't...

Yeah plenty of lads around ardee pulling at the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Another mighty day here. 14° with a Hardy drying breeze. Saw a sí gaoith (whirlwind) passing through the yard about an hour ago and a cloud of dust flying. Sure sign of rain to come.

• Advertisement

Another mighty day here. 14° with a Hardy drying breeze. Saw a sí gaoith (whirlwind) passing through the yard about an hour ago and a cloud of dust flying. Sure sign of rain to come.
    Stop it

Advertisement