Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the weather like in your area 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Feck all fell after. 4 bales to the acre brought in. Paddock growing 22 days had more bales than the paddock growing 30

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Had a bit of work to do outside for an while this evening marking out a bit of a field. Chap rang me from a half hour away saying it was raining so I jokingly said to put the rain in the boot & bring it here.

Well it started pouring fcuking rain about 5 mins before he arrived & constantly at it the entire time we had to be out! Soaked now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,280 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Had a bit of work to do outside for an while this evening marking out a bit of a field. Chap rang me from a half hour away saying it was raining so I jokingly said to put the rain in the boot & bring it here.

Well it started pouring fcuking rain about 5 mins before he arrived & constantly at it the entire time we had to be out! Soaked now.

lucky you I am jealous

Slava Ukrainii

lucky you I am jealous

We have actually been fairly lucky, though last Tuesday night there was a shower so heavy I got a leak in my roof :(

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭mengele

The pic would help, I suppose.
    nscjN2G.jpg

Did he break the bonnet on the back of th e loader or is that some type of guard to stop grass going into it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

mengele wrote: »
    Did he break the bonnet on the back of th e loader or is that some type of guard to stop grass going into it?

One of the drivers reversed into a trailer, did a nice bit of damage without even looking at the cosmetic side of it.

A good loader to carry grass, that pit is fair high there and didn't knock a stagger out of it. The grass is fierce dry as well so that helps too.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

One of the drivers reversed into a trailer, did a nice bit of damage without even looking at the cosmetic side of it.

A good loader to carry grass, that pit is fair high there and didn't knock a stagger out of it. The grass is fierce dry as well so that helps too.

Is it a veniri loader?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Is it a veniri loader?

Yeah, a V90 I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

4 mm today. Nearly 15mm in the last week

Mother of jaysus the heavens just opened here. Rain followed by a torrent of hailstones & raining continuing now for the last half hour. Nice to know we've gone back in time to March :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Tileman

We had one shower which last 3 mins. Would want a good hour of it at least. Looks dark but nothing really falling here yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Beefy showers in SE wicklow all day
    7mm so far

• Registered Users Posts: 29,277 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

No rain here today yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

whelan2 wrote: »
    No rain here today yet?
    We’ve got lots of it
    Help the slurry

We’ve got lots of it
    Help the slurry

Just started now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Base price

We had a light drizzle for about 20 mins before lunch. It was just enough that they joined up to cover the concrete in the yard.
    I was driving home later this afternoon to NCD on the M3 and there was a good spell of rain from the Oldcastle to Navan junctions. Unfortunately the rain didn't reach as far as my place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭visatorro

whelan2 wrote:
    Just started now

Not a drop here. I had a 90% of rain at 4pm. That's moved to 1am. I'm after spreading fert, probably burn the fecking place now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭tanko

I'm fed up looking at the rainfall radar watching heavy rain pass both sides of me. If I had silage down it would be stuck on top of the place.

tanko wrote: »
    I'm fed up looking at the rainfall radar watching heavy rain pass both sides of me. If I had silage down it would be stuck on top of the place.

Lad up the road has his silage down. Nice few showers after falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,389 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

whelan2 wrote: »
    Lad up the road has his silage down. Nice few showers after falling.

Always one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Just started her 10 minutes ago. We missed all the showers earlier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Total since yesterday 16mm now in SE Wicklow
    June total 20.6mm

visatorro wrote: »
    Not a drop here. I had a 90% of rain at 4pm. That's moved to 1am. I'm after spreading fert, probably burn the fecking place now.
    Did you get any rain after ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭270WIN

i thought i was the only one that was like that

• Registered Users Posts: 18,280 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Lucky enough I was doing a bit of whitewashing yesterday and it bought on the rain

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Wind here all morning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭endainoz

The North easterly hasn't brought much rain to North Clare so decided to cut the main meadow with the idea of baling tomorrow. Would have liked to leave it till next week but no real settled period on the horizon so decided to get it done. Crop not as good as last year but not too bothered as I have a good 65 bales from last year all the time.

whelan2 wrote:

Bit during the night, nothing today. 80% chance of rain apparently. Showers forecast for the rest of the week. Just not getting them so far.
    Much rain up there?

whelan2 wrote:

Bit during the night, nothing today. 80% chance of rain apparently. Showers forecast for the rest of the week. Just not getting them so far.
    Much rain up there?

• Advertisement

visatorro wrote: »
    Much rain up there?

Ye we got a nice bit and more last night.

Advertisement