Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'm a 2. That's really weird all the different ways it can be done though.

Edit: Oh actually I'm an 8 like Strawbs, misread.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

7 I think.

But now I am questioning myself a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I'm not sure how scientific the research was but the tweeter said Americans tended towards 7 8 while people from the uk tended towards 5 6

Not sure if it says anything about people, maybe its how you hold the pencil

Although anyone who does the following just has way too much time on thier hands :D

https://twitter.com/Neoriceisgood/status/1087078091925667841

Necro wrote: »
    I'm a 2. That's really weird all the different ways it can be done though.

Edit: Oh actually I'm an 8 like Strawbs, misread.

Thought I was an 8 but I’m actually a 7

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

I'm not sure how scientific the research was but the tweeter said Americans tended towards 7 8 while people from the uk tended towards 5 6

Not sure if it says anything about people, maybe its how you hold the pencil

Although anyone who does the following just has way too much time on thier hands :D

https://twitter.com/Neoriceisgood/status/1087078091925667841

The first half is ok, but i'd stroke down the ways on the 2nd half if i was drawing an x that way.

7 for straight x

but for a curly x it would be top to bottom Ɔ and top to bottom C just tounching first Ɔ, ƆC

sKeith wrote: »
    The first half is ok, but i'd stroke down the ways on the 2nd half if i was drawing an x that way.

7 for straight x

but for a curly x it would be top to bottom Ɔ and top to bottom C just tounching first Ɔ, ƆC

I tried it out there and If I was to draw the x in 4 parts it would be v then upside down v left to right on both never tried the curly x before

I've drawn/written far too many xs tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I'm an 8

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

8, presuming the yellow comes first and they just forgot to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

quickbeam wrote: »
    You need to read what's after the question to get to the coloured first bit :pac:

• Advertisement

Thats wierd I couldn't see the 1 at first on the 8 but it's there alright

I might just write weird though.

My capital E goes top horizontal first, left to right. Vertical and bottom horizontal next in one stroke. Middle horizontal last (see below).

But my capital F, which is basically the same letter goes Vertical first, top to bottom. Then two horizontals left to right one under each other. The sensible way. It's my E that's fecked.

470900.png

Thats wierd I couldn't see the 1 at first on the 8 but it's there alright

Oh, I see it now yeah.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I’m definitely a 7.

My E is also weird:

Top right to left.
    Top left to bottom left.
    Bottom left to right.
    Middle left to right.

Same for F.

I just wrote the alphabet to check any weird things I have with letters. Must do it on the board in school too to see if it’s different when writing upright.

sullivlo wrote: »
    I’m definitely a 7.

My E is also weird:

Top right to left.
    Top left to bottom left.
    Bottom left to right.
    Middle left to right.

Same for F.

I just wrote the alphabet to check any weird things I have with letters. Must do it on the board in school too to see if it’s different when writing upright.

That kinda makes sense though - one penstoke doing the "outside" of the E and then finishing it off with the middle.

My E

Is an L and then top middle

That makes sense too.

That makes sense too.

I think yours does too only thing that would not make sense is 3 horizontal strokes and one down or any combination of that

The fact that the top is left to right though is weird as you then have to go back on yourself to complete the rest of it. Noticed a while ago I did it weird. It's only new to me that my x's are also weird too.

The interesting thing about the x though (given equal lengths and angles) is there is no wrong way to do it from a time wise perspective (even if we are talking nano seconds)

• Advertisement

The fact that the top is left to right though is weird as you then have to go back on yourself to complete the rest of it. Noticed a while ago I did it weird. It's only new to me that my x's are also weird too.

I think its fairly similar to mine and Sullys way just has step 1 and 2 reversed but [ and - is probably the most efficent one, once you are going right to left with the [

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

So we've done x and e, may as well finished it. I do my s top to bottom.

What about a? I write it as shown here

a

Ps: my S is top to bottom.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Here's how I do my a's:

Aa.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

What about the Letter R? How do you do them?
    Come on Necro - show me your Rs!

:D

Banjo wrote: »
    What about the Letter R? How do you do them?
    Come on Necro - show me your Rs!

:D

:pac: That will remain a secret...

tenor.gif

I write my K wonky.

Start with the vertical, then middle to top right, middle to bottom right.

I can see pens, paper and various copies of alphabets at the next beers. We haven’t even started to discuss the Greek alphabet.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

That's how I write k too

As long as Binary or Morse Code don't come into the discussion I'm fine with that.

• Advertisement

Just out of curiosity I wrote out my alphabet and I start at the top left whenever possible, or middle top for O A and Q, C and S are top right for obvious reasons.

All except G where i start in the middle of the letter

Advertisement