Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Haven’t seen it. Unlikely to any time soon as I’m in the dark ages and don’t actually have Netflix.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

quickbeam wrote: »
    Haven’t seen it. Unlikely to any time soon as I’m in the dark ages and don’t actually have Netflix.

Neither do I.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Necro wrote: »
    Presumably most have watched Birdbox at this point? What did people think?

Havent watched it but plan on watching when I'm back home next month. I'll avoid this thread for a bit I guess.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Kolido wrote: »
    Havent watched it but plan on watching when I'm back home next month. I'll avoid this thread for a bit I guess.

Ha, I'll leave it at that so :pac:

Neither do I.... ;)

I’m also not techie enough to figure out ways around that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Have netflix, haven't seen it. I'm about 2 or 3 years behind on my media consumption generally (Still on series 1 of Preacher, Ozark, Luke Cage) unless it's on BBC, in which case I'm either up to date or missed it and don't have iPlayer, or it's on RTE in which case bizarrely I'm right up to speed. Which reminds me.

Jonathan Rhys Meyers has destroyed Vikings. I mean, it was in the toilet after Season 3 and 4 but Alex Høgh lifted it a little, like a narwhal horn and butterfly wings on a steaming turd, and in season 5 he took flight. Then JRM showed up, with his 1990s wallstreet haircut and his "little boy trying to be batman" voice, stinking up every scene he's even mentioned in... and he's mentioned in it a lot, I assume it's cheaper to film him whining gutturally in a field somewhere than pay royalties on stock footage of fjords or english river inlets.... Damnit, you made watching Lagertha a chore! You made being a warrior priest worse than being a regular priest! You blackened the rep of the goatee, JRM! For shame!

If you have young kids, this works great at bed time. From outside their room, you say "Knock knock"
    "Who's there?"
    "Ivar!"
    "Ivar who?"
    then you drag yourself in on your knuckles with ketchup all over your face screaming "IVAR DE BON-LESS!!!" and laugh like a loon.
    tenor.gif
    They'll sleep like babies
    (i.e. they wake up screaming every 2 hours covered in piss and ****).

I gave up on Vikings a few seasons ago. I didn’t even know JRM was in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

watching Vikings is work now, but I need to know what happens to Floki!! and I live in hope that Rollo will return

I liked
    Lagertha flashback to Ragnars death
    last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Banjo wrote: »
    Have netflix, haven't seen it. I'm about 2 or 3 years behind on my media consumption generally (Still on series 1 of Preacher, Ozark, Luke Cage) unless it's on BBC, in which case I'm either up to date or missed it and don't have iPlayer, or it's on RTE in which case bizarrely I'm right up to speed. Which reminds me.

Jonathan Rhys Meyers has destroyed Vikings. I mean, it was in the toilet after Season 3 and 4 but Alex Høgh lifted it a little, like a narwhal horn and butterfly wings on a steaming turd, and in season 5 he took flight. Then JRM showed up, with his 1990s wallstreet haircut and his "little boy trying to be batman" voice, stinking up every scene he's even mentioned in... and he's mentioned in it a lot, I assume it's cheaper to film him whining gutturally in a field somewhere than pay royalties on stock footage of fjords or english river inlets.... Damnit, you made watching Lagertha a chore! You made being a warrior priest worse than being a regular priest! You blackened the rep of the goatee, JRM! For shame!

If you have young kids, this works great at bed time. From outside their room, you say "Knock knock"
    "Who's there?"
    "Ivar!"
    "Ivar who?"
    then you drag yourself in on your knuckles with ketchup all over your face screaming "IVAR DE BON-LESS!!!" and laugh like a loon.
    tenor.gif
    They'll sleep like babies
    (i.e. they wake up screaming every 2 hours covered in piss and ****).

Lough Tay up the wicklow mountains more like.

Ah I know, sure it's filmed in my boss's back garden, but I'm just saying for a small fee they could just get some scenery shots from the 50s rather than have that gob****e running around grunting "spirito santé" to prove he's a priest while trying to bone/kill (that's not always an either/or, either) everything that moves. It's like he thinks he's auditioning for some kind of c-list straight-to-humble video game. Anyway, that's enough about Vikings. Hows yerself?

• Advertisement

Currently in the Twelve Pins pub in London having a few before the match tonight.

Getting excited now and I.....

Neutral Response: Hope for a very entertaining and competitive game between two good sides.

Fan Response: We're gonna smash those Mancs! Come on you Gooners...

Uh oh my split personality is kicking in....

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Hope you enjoy the game necro!

Hope you enjoy the pints necro and all the stuff pre and post the game :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Currently in the Twelve Pins pub in London having a few before the match tonight.

Getting excited now and I.....

Neutral Response: Hope for a very entertaining and competitive game between two good sides.

Fan Response: We're gonna smash those Mancs! Come on you Gooners...

Uh oh my split personality is kicking in....

Hey Necro

471299.jpeg

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Sorry could resist.

Apart from the result did you enjoy seeing a match at the emirates?

One of the worst days of my life was having to step inside the Arsenal shop at Highbury to buy a babygrow. I couldn’t say no as I worked on the Holloway Rd.

Ages I was in that place. Waiting for them to finish serving Patsy fecking Palmer who was intent on buying everything!

I get chills even thinking about it now.

kitten_k wrote:
    Apart from the result did you enjoy seeing a match at the emirates?

Yeah was great to get to a game there, view I had was amazing, might share a few photos when I get back tomorrow.

Ah well, that's another tick on my bucket list anyways:
    Man United VS Arsenal game: done it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

:)

Anyone for a quickfire game on Wednesday? My schedule has suddenly opened up.

• Advertisement

fixxxer wrote: »

Always!

fixxxer wrote: »

Would you like to be more specific, this being the "most efficient way to do your A's" thread, i'm not sure if you have give enough info to make assumptions.

Thought he said Crossfire, not Quick fire. That would have been awesome on a forum. Two people posting "BALLBEARING!" at eachother about three thousand times till one of them is declared the winner.

Not really expecting anything! More a sigh of resignation that most of our patients wont be coming in. There will be plenty of paperwork to catch up on I suppose.

Banjo wrote: »
    Thought he said Crossfire, not Quick fire. That would have been awesome on a forum. Two people posting "BALLBEARING!" at eachother about three thousand times till one of them is declared the winner.

*plink* *plink* *plink*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,587 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

FORUM GAMES! I need your help!

So my mam is 60 this weekend. She hates parties but is having a party anyway. She's decided that she'd like to try play the Lyrics Board with the family during the 'Not' party. I've volunteered to run it.

So, can anyone think of clever lyrics I can use for the game? Nothing too complicated, but also not so difficult that no one will get it. So confined to popular songs of the last 60 years. There'll be a wide range of ages at this so I'm thinking like, Rolling Stones, Beatles, Queen, Britney Spears, Oasis, Abba. That sort of stuff.

Eg:
    I SEE A RED DOOR AND I WANT IT PAINTED BLACK

My main problem is that the lyrics need to be general enough that the teams can think of other songs with the word in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

You just need lines from songs?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,587 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Yeah but lines that aren't so obscure that the teams wouldn't be able to guess the song, and also equally not so obvious that they'd get it instantly.

Oops I Did It Again? :P

Nobody Knows The Way It's Gonna Be

Wanna Live, I Don't Wanna Die

If You Change Your Mind I'm The First In Line

Off the top of my head....

• Advertisement

Oooh

Give Me A Sign

Advertisement