Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Supat Rungratsamee in Champ Manager 03/04 was unreal as well.

Necro wrote: »

O that name rings a bell alright i wonder was that the year

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Champ 03/04...... It wasnt a real champo.

Football Manager game in after the designers left the production company and set up their own game. Championship Manager after that was a horrible attempt at recreating the magic.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Champ 03/04...... It wasnt a real champo.

Football Manager game in after the designers left the production company and set up their own game. Championship Manager after that was a horrible attempt at recreating the magic.

Funnily enough I played the most hours on 03/04, got Southampton to the Champions League semis and then got offered the Madrid job. Created a 10 year dynasty there then. Joys of being in college :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I know it’s a silly thing to share on the Internet, but maybe if I am accountable somewhere it will spur me on/motivate me.

I started the whole #NewYearNewMe thing and got back on my bike, cut out (most of) the junk from my diet (5 days a week, in moderation the other two because I am cycling so burning calories), and since I weighed myself the day of the beers I have lost almost 7kg.

I’m aware that it is likely a huge % of water weight gone with the initial surge, but I feel really motivated this time.

Anyway, that’s all!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Oh also I’m going to Arizona in May. No beaches but plenty of sun and sand. And Mexican food.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Congrats Sully! That's a great achievement.

What has you up at that hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Good stuff Sully!

quickbeam wrote: »
    Speaking of cannon, Hobbits can’t become Nazgul.
    According to the film, when Frodo was stabbed with the Morgul Blade, he would have turned into one but for the intervention of the elves :p

But that's for another thread :)
    Haha I read either Gabriel or Gertrude post in game that hobbits can't become Nazgul, and I wanted to post pretty much what you just said Necro.

However...if you Wiki the lore, there's arguments for both - 'Nazgul' - aren't they the souls of the original nine men who were given rings? So therefore, Frodo would have just become a wraith in Fellowship and not not a Nazgul?

Anyway, guess this is for another thread as you said, but I wasn't confident enough in game to put up the Dwight Shrute 'Wrong!' post :pac:

Moving this discussion here as it's not feedback related.

Yeah I think he would have become a lesser wraith, the actual Nazgul are defined as the Nine who received rings. Something like the Barrow Wights I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

sullivlo wrote: »
    I know it’s a silly thing to share on the Internet, but maybe if I am accountable somewhere it will spur me on/motivate me.

I started the whole #NewYearNewMe thing and got back on my bike, cut out (most of) the junk from my diet (5 days a week, in moderation the other two because I am cycling so burning calories), and since I weighed myself the day of the beers I have lost almost 7kg.

I’m aware that it is likely a huge % of water weight gone with the initial surge, but I feel really motivated this time.

Anyway, that’s all!

I skim read this and thanked it earlier and I did a random double take just now thinking "did she say 7KG?!" that's amazing Sully fair play!

• Advertisement

Moving this discussion here as it's not feedback related.

Yeah I think he would have become a lesser wraith, the actual Nazgul are defined as the Nine who received rings. Something like the Barrow Wights I guess.

Didn't see this when I posted, so moving my response here too:
    Yeah. Was me in the game too. Yeah a wraith possibility but not a Nazgul. Galadriel’s narration right at the start of the film explains what the Nazgul were.

BTW, Gabriel and Gertrude are easily interchangeable ;)

Congrats Sully! That's a great achievement.

What has you up at that hour?

Insomnia. Trying to get back into a routine but switching off in the evenings/getting a full night sleep is hard because I’m working late/setting alarm for early.
    I skim read this and thanked it earlier and I did a random double take just now thinking "did she say 7KG?!" that's amazing Sully fair play!

Yup. Rate will decrease now (no time for exercise in the evenings) but I’ll keep trying!

Yay, we made the monthly update on three fronts :D

Boards Update

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

There was another unbroken COP link, sent it on to Petr there so that may be the end of our bot troubles, are there still mad signups?

There was another unbroken COP link, sent it on to Petr there so that may be the end of our bot troubles, are there still mad signups?

Hard to know, they can't register anymore as registrations were closed off but they're prob still causing issues by hitting the front page of the site.

Oh and that's a thing to note for other mods as well if you get new players create an account and generic password for the site and PM them the details as they can't register themselves at present.

Well done Sully !

Pter, how did the mentoring go?

I mean from my POV it was grand, but that was mainly because Teddy seems to be a natural and didnt really need my help at all!

10/10 would mentor again

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Hard to know, they can't register anymore as registrations were closed off but they're prob still causing issues by hitting the front page of the site.

Oh and that's a thing to note for other mods as well if you get new players create an account and generic password for the site and PM them the details as they can't register themselves at present.

It seems much better now than it did during the game.

Watched first dates last night for the first time ever as someone I know was on it.

There was a mental woman in it and if you can get the clip with the red wine, watch it!!!

Which one did you know SM?

• Advertisement

Paul who had a date with Dominika

Here is the red wine clip; classic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SWTRgzVBxA

Pter wrote: »
    Here is the red wine clip; classic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SWTRgzVBxA

What was Louis Walsh doing on it?

Did they decide to meet for a second date after that?

Paul who had a date with Dominika

I was only reading the promo story on RTE about their date yesterday. Didnt catch the ep last night but they both seemed sound.

Did he give you the inside scoop on what happened SM?

Pter wrote: »
    I was only reading the promo story on RTE about their date yesterday. Didnt catch the ep last night but they both seemed sound.

Did he give you the inside scoop on what happened SM?

Nah, he’s kept his cards close to his chest. But and I quote “single as a Pringle” now.

Lol no happily ever after so!

If Facebook is anything to go by, he’ll be grand :D

• Advertisement

7 coloured line first

Advertisement