Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Banjo wrote: »
    '89 Punisher is the ONLY Punisher!
    I still talk to God. I ask him if what I do is right. He says "Dude, did you even watch Blackjack? *you're* the ****ing god, I'm just a guy with a beard who makes planets and ****."

:P I just used it to show where the pic came from. Although I don't mind the 2004 film tbh.

Less said about War Zone the better though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Congrats Pete. What was wrong with Pter? I liked Pter. Vlad is...................weird.
    He's going for a much harsher Mod style:

impale-og.jpg

A bit of background on "Pter":
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vlad_the_Impaler

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Oh, impaler is one word?
    I feel this argument over melatonin production has taken an unfortunate turn. I feel terrible. Can you get your money back Ptey?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

All underway. I'll be back in my old skin in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

What about the wiki Pter? won't somebody please think of the wiki

• Advertisement

So what you are all saying is you preferred Pter. Am I getting that right?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

.Vlad. wrote: »

Nah. I like vlad. It’s grown on me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

.Vlad. wrote: »

Compromise. Return to Pter, but keep your new avatar.

quickbeam wrote:
    Compromise. Return to Pter, but keep your new avatar.

That seems fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

.Vlad. wrote:

If Vlad is who you truly are then be Vlad!

In the words of Kevin Gnapoor "don't let the haters stop you from doing your thaang"

• Advertisement

Ah I'm probably Pter in fairness.

This fling with Vlad has been fun and all, and I'm glad I've grown on Sully like some sort of fungus, but I'll be back in my normal suit tomorrow.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In the words of Kevin Gnapoor "don't let the haters stop you from doing your thaang"

Taylor Swift also makes mention of that iirc. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Pter the impaler

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Well I for one am glad that this social experiment into peer pressure went so well. The anthropologists will be pleased at how quickly the mob turned on Pete and pressured him into reverting back to his normal, comfortable, status quo.

I was hacked! That's deffo what happened.

The feedback was pretty comprehensive and unanimous across 3 different fora i post in, so makes sense. I also think the feedback around the dots being at the start and end and this impacting game mods was good; not something i had thought of tbh.

Anyway, just like any episode of a sitcom, we are all back where we started, having learned a small lesson on the way.

*steps out of shower*

Wow, I just had the strangest dream.......

Pter wrote: »
    The feedback was pretty comprehensive and unanimous across 3 different fora i post in, so makes sense. I also think the feedback around the dots being at the start and end and this impacting game mods was good; not something i had thought of tbh.

Anyway, just like any episode of a sitcom, we are all back where we started, having learned a small lesson on the way.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAILTa7t4BBDvziPPt3S6rG4M-TBwvQbr97jZW19S3tTWc04EU

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I called you Vlad before this week and I shall do so after today too.

I was gonna change my name, then someone coined a phrase after my playing style here and I couldnt change. I have fully embraced my name since!

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I glad you Vlad before this week and I shall do so after today too.

I was gonna change my name, then someone coined a phrase after my playing style here and I couldnt change. I have fully embraced my name since!

I glad you Vlad too Bj :-*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Pter wrote: »
    I glad you Vlad too Bj :-*

Damn autocorrect. I stand by it.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I glad you Vlad before this week and I shall do so after today too.

Yeah, similar. Was considering a full change but would just cause a lot of confusion here :pac:

So just dropped the 'Minus' as no one used it for me anyways. Happy in my new skin!

Do you subscribers get to change once a year or something? I've noticed a few changes recently.

Mollyb60 wrote:
    Do you subscribers get to change once a year or something? I've noticed a few changes recently.

You can subscribe for a month to get the change if you so wish. Didn't renew my subscription once I got what I wanted (Custom Avatar, slight name change).

Not really much extra these days anyways for subscribers.

Soooo happy. Cousin is acquiring me a ticket for the Arsenal Utd FA Cup match in a couple of weeks. Happen to be over that weekend for my uncle's surprise 70th.

Excited as embarrassingly I've never been to the Emirates for a game! Went to four games in Highbury but haven't had the chance to get over to see the new stadium (for a match, I did the tour when it opened years ago).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Necro, you've broken my heart. An Arsenal fan.

Who do you follow Fixy?

fixxxer wrote: »
    Necro, you've broken my heart. An Arsenal fan.

:o For my sins. I'm more of an armchair fan these days I find I don't hate anyone really... Spurs aside, but they play such nice football these days AND their manager is quite likeable (apart from his un-natural hatred of VAR) that I couldn't say I HATE them....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I'm a United fan myself. Not as closely as I was back in my youth but still keep up as much as I can. Such fond memories of the SAF/Wenger rivalry :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Necro wrote: »
    :o For my sins. I'm more of an armchair fan these days I find I don't hate anyone really... Spurs aside, but they play such nice football these days AND their manager is quite likeable (apart from his un-natural hatred of VAR) that I couldn't say I HATE them....

Thought you were a United fan! You've gone way down in my estimation :D

Advertisement