Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Jaysus, I got a bike pickup from my hotel to the Gili Island ferry in Padang Bai last year, I HATED it and it was probably less than a KM! Didn't help that I had my full backpack strapped to me at the same time pulling me backwards.

Cut out the middle man and just hire a bike yourself :) Ah lads all this talk is killing me. Miss the Gilis so much! Feckin January blues :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

duffman13 wrote: »
    Id probably avoid it now tbh, strangely I was there in 2011 also, went back in 2016 and it's still nice but full of hippies off their heads on various drugs!

Koh Rong was great though, so it might still be worth a crack

:( Don't tell me it's gone the same way as Koh Samui.

Was in Samui in 2008 and then went back in 2011 and it was ruined.

Necro wrote: »
    :( Don't tell me it's gone the same way as Koh Samui.

Was in Samui in 2008 and then went back in 2011 and it was ruined.

Nah not as bad as that thankfully but it's very much a rave and pill spot from what I seen on my last visit. Well in comparison to 2011 it was, although I may have just built it up too much in my head and was a little let down on return.

Samui went to ****e fairly quickly! I went to Koh Phangan for 5 years running and it's going like Samui, last time I was there they'd opened a KFC :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Nah not as bad as that thankfully but it's very much a rave and pill spot from what I seen on my last visit. Well in comparison to 2011 it was, although I may have just built it up too much in my head and was a little let down on return.

Samui went to ****e fairly quickly! I went to Koh Phangan for 5 years running and it's going like Samui, last time I was there they'd opened a KFC :(

No way, Christ! Was only on Phangan once, in June 2011 actually.

Main memories of Sihanoukville was the club with the pretty shallow pool in the middle. Lunatics diving in off the roof. Also the Red Bull. Drink that stuff over there with alcohol and you're wired to the moon for hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Cut out the middle man and just hire a bike yourself :) Ah lads all this talk is killing me. Miss the Gilis so much! Feckin January blues :(

I wanted to do that but I've never ridden one and one of the Italian girls I met out there tore open her thigh coming off one on the dodgy roads in Canggu so that idea was nixxed! I'll learn how to ride one here before i go away this time I think!

Part of me just wants to go back to the Gilis for 3 full weeks, but that's not in the spirit of adventure!
    Had a close call last year I missed the earthquake by like 4 days and the government had closed the Lombok Strait to all boats bar the public ferry 2 days after I got to Gili T and resumed the ban the day after I left it! the beach was mobbed with people trying to get off the island that Saturday it was crazy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

January blues indeed. Dreaming of the months I spent in SE Asia now. Trying time flights to Zimbabwe for the end of the year that won't break the bank. I'll be looking a long time from what I can see :-/

fixxxer wrote: »
    January blues indeed. Dreaming of the months I spent in SE Asia now. Trying time flights to Zimbabwe for the end of the year that won't break the bank. I'll be looking a long time from what I can see :-/

:pac: And here's me a click away from booking Centre Parcs in Longford :(

Unsure though, kids are a bit on the young side yet I think. Might hold out for this year and see what reviews are like first though.

:pac: And here's me a click away from booking Centre Parcs in Longford :(

Unsure though, kids are a bit on the young side yet I think. Might hold out for this year and see what reviews are like first though.

it seems very expensive for what it is! I was about to say you'd be as well to rent a cottage out West....but then I realised..d'oh...maybe a cottage in Kerry!

I wanted to do that but I've never ridden one and one of the Italian girls I met out there tore open her thigh coming off one on the dodgy roads in Canggu so that idea was nixxed! I'll learn how to ride one here before i go away this time I think!

Part of me just wants to go back to the Gilis for 3 full weeks, but that's not in the spirit of adventure!
    Had a close call last year I missed the earthquake by like 4 days and the government had closed the Lombok Strait to all boats bar the public ferry 2 days after I got to Gili T and resumed the ban the day after I left it! the beach was mobbed with people trying to get off the island that Saturday it was crazy!

I had drove bikes here for years and actually found it easier to drive over there once ya accept the madness. Best thing I did in a few places, hire a bike and just drive around. Although once in Thailand I vastly underestimated a drive which meant I drove the guts of 5 hours to see a waterfall and then had a 5 hour spin back to make a train. Slept well that night :)

Gilis are unreal, id gladly do 3 weeks there but yeah not in the sense of adventure :D

Indonesia in general seems to have been hit fairly roughly in the last couple of years unfortunately

fixxxer wrote: »

I feel ya, today i am booking the Maldives for the honeymoon in April so I will feel a little better till I look at the bank account tomorrow

• Advertisement

it seems very expensive for what it is! I was about to say you'd be as well to rent a cottage out West....but then I realised..d'oh...maybe a cottage in Kerry!

Probably is a bit expensive for a supplementary holiday (we're away in Cork for two weeks in July as well).

Ho hum, I'll hold off and do a bit more research.

I feel ya, today i am booking the Maldives for the honeymoon in April so I will feel a little better till I look at the bank account tomorrow

Congrats on the impending nuptials!!

I had drove bikes here for years and actually found it easier to drive over there once ya accept the madness. Best thing I did in a few places, hire a bike and just drive around. Although once in Thailand I vastly underestimated a drive which meant I drove the guts of 5 hours to see a waterfall and then had a 5 hour spin back to make a train. Slept well that night :)

Gilis are unreal, id gladly do 3 weeks there but yeah not in the sense of adventure :D

Indonesia in general seems to have been hit fairly roughly in the last couple of years unfortunately

I think if I hadn't been on my own out there I probably would have chanced it but if anything had happened I didn't fancy an indonesian hospital with no friendly faces!

I think there's been 3 earthquakes and a tsunami since August :eek:

Congratulations Duff! Honeymoon is best holiday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Morning all!

I became an uncle for the first time this morning! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Congrats Pete. What was wrong with Pter? I liked Pter. Vlad is...................weird.

That Pter guy was an ar$ehole.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Also dotVladdot? That's gonna be a bitch for PM's. Jus sayin.

Congrats confusing new/wrong account name type person!!

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Also dotVladdot? That's gonna be a bitch for PM's. Jus sayin.

Now that is a good point!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

We should sign a petition to get Pter back.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Will there still be a Pter award?

Its the Kolido / PJ award now.

I just see this now...

maxresdefault.jpg

With good cause, Necro.

Congrats to Duffman on your upcoming nuptials. Maldives sounds dreamy.

And congrats to Vlad on becoming an uncle!

I just see this now...

maxresdefault.jpg

....doesn't know what this is..... no surprise there!!

All this talk of honeymoons and holidays in far off places makes me want to do another trip with some white water rafting thrown in for good measure.

....doesn't know what this is..... no surprise there!!

One of the baddies in The Punisher

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

'89 Punisher is the ONLY Punisher!
    I still talk to God. I ask him if what I do is right. He says "Dude, did you even watch Blackjack? *you're* the ****ing god, I'm just a guy with a beard who makes planets and ****."

Advertisement