Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I see a name change in your future Strawbs...

Strawberry MilkSNAKE :pac:

Snakes give me the heebee jeebees

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Worth giving animal control a shout if thats the case so! They might be able to help?

They can get around so it could be he travelled cross country to find a nice shaded wooded area. I reckon he is an ambush predator, so would need the trees and leave and such. So unless the wood is surrounded on 4 sides by roads, he could have come in via a field.

Necrominus wrote: »
    I see a name change in your future Strawbs...

Strawberry MilkSNAKE :pac:

God dammit. Such an obvious one for the thread title.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ugh... I hate this time of year.

Car insurance renewal time. Where I have to make up a fake number and email address so I don't get inundated by pushy car insurance salespeople...

So folks, how do those of you who drive deal with this time of year? Stick with the current company or twist and shop for options, therefore opening yourself to calls from several companies...?

• Advertisement

Ring current guy, ask for quote. Ring chill.ie, tell them current quote. Get better one. Ask original company to match, if they dont, go with chill.

Chill got me fully comp on any car for about 25% less the previous insurer, so i was happy out.

I think i moved into a newer safer bracket so thats how they managed it, but they checked with mutliple companies, so it was relatively hassle free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Final call for Boardsie's to meet up tomorrow night! I have the boxed WW game with me and the app ready for some live ww shenanigans!

Looking at a place called Token to meet?

Pter wrote: »
    Ring current guy, ask for quote. Ring chill.ie, tell them current quote. Get better one. Ask original company to match, if they dont, go with chill.

Chill got me fully comp on any car for about 25% less the previous insurer, so i was happy out.

I think i moved into a newer safer bracket so thats how they managed it, but they checked with mutliple companies, so it was relatively hassle free.

Meh, Chill offered me 30 euros better, with my current company - than the offer they sent me in the post.

Rang current company, told them Chill's offer - they knocked 60 quid off the price for me to stay with them :pac::pac:

Result!

Chill are only a means to an end. But useful!

Pter wrote: »
    Chill are only a means to an end. But useful!

I find it funny though. Chill's best offer was through my current insurance company....

I ring up current insurance company and they better their own offer :pac::pac::pac:

(Well not really, but that's how it looks)

• Advertisement

Argh I hate insurance time of year! I ring around though.

Was looking at getting a newer car (have a 141) but that pcp stuff has flooded the market. Was not happy with the trade in deals I was offered. The price I’d paid for mine had seriously deprecated so gonna keep hold of it.

What kinda car is it SM?

Insignia. Looked at the new ones they are really bad in comparison.

I jumped 10 years this year from an 03 to a 132, so insurance is way down anyways. Got the sum total of frig all for my own car of course.

Oooh though... upgrading from a 141 Strawbs? Fancy ain't we :P

:pac:

If anyone is thinking of ordering takeaway from justeat.ie i have 4 or 5 '15% off' discount vouchers that are going to expire next week. First to claim them can have them!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Would you believe, Ive never watched a lotr movie. Will have to change that before Necro's game.

Kolido wrote: »
    Would you believe, Ive never watched a lotr movie. Will have to change that before Necro's game.

Focus on the first one ;)

There MIGHT be a trilogy planned...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Necrominus wrote: »
    Focus on the first one ;)

There MIGHT be a trilogy planned...

But avoid, The Hobbit. Utter sh1te

All Eyes On Rafah

I am interested in this LOTR TV series though.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

But avoid, The Hobbit. Utter sh1te

Im waiting for an abriged version of the Hobbit with all the ****e cut out, similar to the Jarjar-less versions of the Star Wars Prequels.

LOTR is 3x the length of The Hobbit but the trilogies runtimes are only about 90 minutes different, there's no respectable way to make a 200 page book into almost 8 hours of screen time so they shat all over it.

• Advertisement

Ah he is lovely.

Like a big long hairless legless sausage dog.

Would make a nice pair of shoes.

Just listening to iRadio and they are playing a predictive text game. So, you gotta type “last night I” and let it predict the rest. Mine was

Last night I was munched!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

last night in irish

:eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

quickbeam wrote: »
    last night in irish

:eek:

That was Google predictive search.

On WhatsApp, selecting the centre suggestion each time I get:

Last night I was a bit of a new one.

Not sure what to make of what Samsung makes of me.

last night i dreamt of san pedro

?????????????????

Da feck?

All Eyes On Rafah

Lol.

Last night I thought of the game :pac:

Sounds about right!

Last night I had to get up to the office to pick up my car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,578 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Last night I think she was picking out a guy for the world cup quarter finals.

What?

Advertisement