Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    What do I do with my sunglasses now ffs?

C_UnUNIXoAAyrDj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Ye are all a bunch of pussies! you don't know what real HEAT is :P

This is true. My oven only goes up to 25 degrees celsius.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I have lived and worked in Spain, and it involved a tent. It was outside Seville and temperatures were regularly high 30’s. I have never experienced heat like that.

Until yesterday.

sullivlo wrote: »
    I have lived and worked in Spain, and it involved a tent. It was outside Seville and temperatures were regularly high 30’s. I have never experienced heat like that.

Until yesterday.

Do they not get into the 40's there? We get that. But then again, we are closer to Africa than Spain.

Worst day last year was 47 in Valletta. No one could leave the house. My brother and wife did, and lasted 10 minutes in Valletta :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I don’t recall ever being so warm in my whole entire life, and I have been to some very warm places.

I’m in the midlands at the moment. Athlone. Dead centre of Ireland (outside of Glasnevin) and there is just no wind. I was at a conference today and we needed to take a break for the weather because the room got too hot to continue. Currently in my hotel room with the air con on full whack, wearing as little as possible, but still melting.

I'm an Athlone man myself and I can safely say that yesterday in Athlone was not that bad at all. Last week was absolutely cooking and very hard to stay out in, but all this week it has been lovely. Very pleasant for walking around in. I havent even broken a sweat this week.

I hope you're enjoying it today - Coolest day we've had so far with the overcast skies :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Rikand wrote: »
    I'm an Athlone man myself and I can safely say that yesterday in Athlone was not that bad at all. Last week was absolutely cooking and very hard to stay out in, but all this week it has been lovely. Very pleasant for walking around in. I havent even broken a sweat this week.

I hope you're enjoying it today - Coolest day we've had so far with the overcast skies :)

I was inside in a hotel with 300 people and no aircon!!!

Do they not get into the 40's there? We get that. But then again, we are closer to Africa than Spain.

Worst day last year was 47 in Valletta. No one could leave the house. My brother and wife did, and lasted 10 minutes in Valletta :D

Yes. Around Seville was into the 40’s. We were on a tour there one day and it was 46. Our base was closer to the coast so slightly cooler, but it was manageable.

Some days here I have needed a jumper. I’m actually alright with the heat, yesterday just broke me.

I was inside in a hotel with 300 people and no aircon!!!

Radisson ?

You should have went to the bar out on the balcony for the day ;)

Radisson ?

You should have went to the bar out on the balcony for the day ;)

Shamrock Lodge. Slept in the Hodson Bay though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

What's winter temperatures in Malta, MrsF? Only way you'd ever get me there is if there's some time of year with reasonable weather! I don't do sun holidays.

Today has been an improvement on the previous few at least.

Rikand wrote:

What do you do for a living R? Are you on hols that you are living it up in the sun in Athlone? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

quickbeam wrote: »
    What's winter temperatures in Malta, MrsF? Only way you'd ever get me there is if there's some time of year with reasonable weather! I don't do sun holidays.

I'm with you QB. My holidays are usually in April/May or September/October coz I just become the biggest whingebag (even worse than normal - yes that IS possible) in high temperatures.

I once went on holiday with my aunt and sister to Lanzarote. Spent 90% of the holiday lying on the tiled floor in the apartment reading a book coz I refused to go outside during the day. Worst holiday ever.

quickbeam wrote: »

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I'm with you QB. My holidays are usually in April/May or September/October coz I just become the biggest whingebag (even worse than normal - yes that IS possible) in high temperatures.

I once went on holiday with my aunt and sister to Lanzarote. Spent 90% of the holiday lying on the tiled floor in the apartment reading a book coz I refused to go outside during the day. Worst holiday ever.

Well, today was 33 with a real feel of 38. There is high humidity here so it feels really hot.

April and May are nice months. The weather usually nice, but not unbearable. Then Sept and Oct would be similar as the temps cool down again. November would be about 22'ish and Dec anything between 17-22.

The coldest is Feb and it can be pretty wet.

June here is usually around 26 or so and then climbs as the weeks go on. August is the hardest month here and can go up the high 40's. But that only lasts for 2 weeks at those temps and goes back down again.

I am a ginge and I manage fine, I love the heat. I don't really feel the cold, so Malta has been perfect for me. I spend lots of time at the beach in the summer as it is the coolest place to head. Beach is a few mins walk from my house :)

Hubby did a Youtube clip for the World CUp coming home thing. Pretty funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

What temp is it at home? It's 26 in Bali, but the sun still hasn't come up yet, the roosters woke me up 2 hours ago! They also don't know how to crow properly!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

What temp is it at home? It's 26 in Bali, but the sun still hasn't come up yet, the roosters woke me up 2 hours ago! They also don't know how to crow properly!

18 degrees at 11pm here in Castlebar. Was mild today by recent standards.

Necrominus wrote:
    18 degrees at 11pm here in Castlebar. Was mild today by recent standards.

I was well prepped for the temp, what little sleep I got I managed without the air con, go me! The heat in Dubai tho that was oppressive!

I was well prepped for the temp, what little sleep I got I managed without the air con, go me! The heat in Dubai tho that was oppressive!

Glad you arrived safe! What's on the agenda for your trip?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Dubai heat is serious biz. Was there in 09 for five days in September and was basically a puddle on the floor for my time there.

It was ducking and diving between air conditioned shopping centres and hotels when we did go out.

• Advertisement

Pter wrote:
    Glad you arrived safe! What's on the agenda for your trip?

I've 3 beachside days ahead of me now, and then I'm going to a surf/fight camp (I most likely won't be surfing) for a week, inland for a few days, over to the Gili islands for a few days, Singapore for my last 3 days and home again!
    I probably could have budgeted for more time in Singapore, I kinda didn't realise how much there was to do and see there!

Fight camp?

Pter wrote: »
    Fight camp?

You've never heard of Bali's famous Foxy Boxing camps :pac::pac:

You haven't lived :D

Pter wrote:
    Fight camp?

Necrominus wrote:
    You've never heard of Bali's famous Foxy Boxing camps

LOL.

Yeah it's an all inclusive jobby that includes muay thai / bjj classes, I think it's gonna be my jam!

Fight camp?

You know the first rule about fight camp right?

Also enjoy tb sounds class.

Also stop ragging on them roosters im sure they are doing there best :pac:

What do you do for a living R? Are you on hols that you are living it up in the sun in Athlone? :)

I'm a software engineer ;)

My job finished up end of may :( so I'm taking a couple of months off as a break to myself before driving back into it. Been blessed with the weather!

Yeah it's an all inclusive jobby that includes muay thai / bjj classes, I think it's gonna be my jam!

Beakerjoe juggling?

Pter wrote:
    Beakerjoe juggling?

Exactly! It's the national sport of Brazil dontcha know

I did not know that. The more you learn....

• Advertisement

I'm a software engineer ;)

My job finished up end of may :( so I'm taking a couple of months off as a break to myself before driving back into it. Been blessed with the weather!

Absolutely! If you are gonna be off, now the time to do it i think!

Advertisement