Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Rikand if you're not busy can you cover my 10 hr shift in Castlebar this afternoon so I can watch the football :(

Offer open to anyone btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Necrominus wrote: »
    Rikand if you're not busy can you cover my 10 hr shift in Castlebar this afternoon so I can watch the football :(

Offer open to anyone btw.

It's a very tempting offer!

........ but I'll be watching Wimbledon, The Irish Open and the Football..... all at the same time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Rikand wrote: »
    It's a very tempting offer!

........ but I'll be watching Wimbledon, The Irish Open and the Football..... all at the same time :D

Living the dream........hate that Necro :)

Gonna get me a Belgian beer and a Brazilian beer and replicate the match that will be on TV, but in mah belleh.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Dammit. I'll just have to console myself with watching it on one of the screens at work :/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Consider, CroCro, if you weren't at work, you'd be spending time with the in-laws instead. Now doesn't 10 hours at work not seem so bad?

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote: »
    Consider, CroCro, if you weren't at work, you'd be spending time with the in-laws instead. Now doesn't 10 hours at work not seem so bad?

:cool: Put it that way... Fcuk it I'm pulling a double shift :pac:

Lot of football fans here I can see. Any interest in setting up a Forum Games Fantasy Premier League competition for the upcoming season? Moreso for a bit of fun, although if someone wants to put up a prize I have no problem taking it from them :pac:

I can set up the league and PM the code to anyone who is interested.

If there's a decent interest I can set up a separate thread to keep the chat about it separate....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Great idea Necro, I do FF every year, badly I might add, so having a fg league would be brilliant, if for nothing else but the bants :)

Go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

If I can put in a joint application with Mr Molly who actually knows **** about football then I may also be interested in this. I know he misses FF from his last job.

• Advertisement

No problem Molly, joint applications are accepted. I take no responsibilty if it ends in divorce though :pac:

I'll set up the League probably tomorrow when I'm awake and away from work then post a thread with a link.

I'll keep the code private though so we can monitor who enters etc.

I also play each year rather badly Kolido so it'll be fine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Im dismal at FF, know a guy who was 7th in the world after 35 gameweeks though.

Ill join too though, its always good craic

What bout a Fantasy WW league...

What bout a Fantasy WW league...

Go on....

When we all say 'badly' what do we mean. Anyone care to say their points total for last season?

I'll play I havent done so in about 10 years and will probably stop updating after 4 weeks but I'll play god dammit, most likely I will anyways unless I forget but I'll try remember really really hard.

Whats fantasy WW.

Also found the best theme ever for werewolf

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3292154/?ref_=rvi_tt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Also found the best theme ever for werewolf

Eh no me Pter and Duffman did ta very much!

Eh no me Pter and Duffman did ta very much!

this? :pac:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3743126/?ref_=tt_rec_tt

Lol pteracuda

Pter wrote: »
    Go on....

Forward date for the next I dunno, 10 games? You pick 5 players per game with 3 subs per game, +1 for voting Evil, -1 for voting RV, +3 for voting to Lynch evil, +2 for RV/Wolf with sucessful power use (peeking wolf, BG blocking kill, killing RVs as Wolf/SK). Wolves earn 1PT per Lynch survived and bonus for bullets etc used on villagers, SK gets 3pts/2lynches.

What else could you use to give points for? Ive been trying to base it off playing your role in the game

I don't want to rank players but backdoing 5 games and weighing choices based on points earned would stop everyone picking sK, Necro, BJ (ala Ronaldo and Lamps costing €15 each back in the day) and leave tactical subs possible, e.g. a.good run of form for someone means you can afford to swap them out and have surplus €€€ as they're worth more.

Im always dropping ideas and not following through so im only menioning this for now, it could be fun though

Forward date for the next I dunno, 10 games? You pick 5 players per game with 3 subs per game, +1 for voting Evil, -1 for voting RV, +3 for voting to Lynch evil, +2 for RV/Wolf with sucessful power use (peeking wolf, BG blocking kill, killing RVs as Wolf/SK). Wolves earn 1PT per Lynch survived and bonus for bullets etc used on villagers, SK gets 3pts/2lynches.

What else could you use to give points for? Ive been trying to base it off playing your role in the game

I don't want to rank players but backdoing 5 games and weighing choices based on points earned would stop everyone picking sK, Necro, BJ (ala Ronaldo and Lamps costing €15 each back in the day) and leave tactical subs possible, e.g. a.good run of form for someone means you can afford to swap them out and have surplus €€€ as they're worth more.

Im always dropping ideas and not following through so im only menioning this for now, it could be fun though

Depending if you went down the ranking of player by costs or not you could just go with a team of 5 (or however many each game) and re pick after every game. It'd save the subbing in and out and clean down the whole process.

But as you said it would lead to the same players being picked time and time again.

I'd imagine you wouldn't want roled players scoring way higher points wise then NRVs as it'd just be whoever rands the most roled players over the league would win?

Just thoughts off the top of my head

• Advertisement

Anyone spending more than half a shilling on me and my madcap plans is crazier than me :pac:

I really like the idea though if it was refined a bit more.

Could be good craic as long as the ego boost didn't go to my head.

Depending if you went down the ranking of player by costs or not you could just go with a team of 5 (or however many each game) and re pick after every game. It'd save the subbing in and out and clean down the whole process.

But as you said it would lead to the same players being picked time and time again.

I'd imagine you wouldn't want roled players scoring way higher points wise then NRVs as it'd just be whoever rands the most roled players over the league would win?

Just thoughts off the top of my head

I was thinking that you could swap out Max 3 between games, drawing a new team would work too but I think a weighted system would mean you had to choose diff players.

That player wouldn't win for randing loads of games, they'd just be pretty valuable to any team they were on as they'd be earning loads of points. Given its random it helps the problem of picking the same players too.

You'd have ti keep the teams secret for each game too, to stop wolves targetting key players on other teams, which would be meta af

Ill play round with it.another.bit

Digi, any system that makes me an MVP is A-Ok with me ;)

*passes brown envelope*

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

He can't stop people importing exotic pets from the grave. :pac:

winter will kill any that are still in the wild by then.

What sort of ****head would let their snake out? Houses are a good enough distance from where it was photographed. Kids spotted it when walking dog and as far as I know it’s still there in the woods somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

What sort of ****head would let their snake out?
    Serious issue...must...not...make...joke...

Fantasy Premier League sign up thread now live ;)

What sort of ****head would let their snake out? Houses are a good enough distance from where it was photographed. Kids spotted it when walking dog and as far as I know it’s still there in the woods somewhere.

I heard a piece on this on Newstalk once. People get snakes and they might grow to beyond what the person can manage, so they release them with the hope they die. Sometimes they do.....

Or the snake escapes sometimes too! There isnt a specific body in Ireland that manages exotic animals, iirc, so its as SK suggested, they are left to die come winter.

That snake looks a bit mad and agitated. Hopefully he fecks off into the woods and leaves people alone.

• Advertisement

He’s mad in that pic cos there’s a dog near him. A friend said she heard that it had been seen before. Not a word about it today.

There’s loads of little pathways through the woods and it’s not that big of an area. There’s also a section dedicated to fairies with doors and a little fairy bridge and little swings. The kids love it and it’s positioned within the trees.

Trying to work out how it got there. Nearest two houses are about 200 yards away and on the other side of the road. I know it doesn’t belong to them. I can’t imagine a snake getting out of its tank, getting out the front door, crossing a busy road and slithering all the way to the car park. It had to have been dumped.

Advertisement