Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to travel to Orlando on a budget

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

dodzy wrote: »
    Lads, done the avatar flight passage this afternoon in Animal Kingdom. Without question, the best thrill Disney currently has to offer. If you're there, do it. If you're going, do it. Get a fast pass if you can, although they're like gold dust, cause the wait is minimum 2hrs in the regular queue. It is simply amazing. Nothing touches it.

It's my main reason for getting a Disney ticket, I can't wait to see it in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭snor

Have my FOP fastpass for October - can't wait!
    That's interesting about the tickets Adam as when I was there before, it was much more expensive to buy tickets there. What hotel has the ticket desk? Thanks - have a magic time ��

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭webpal

Just looking at flights to MCO next June/July and etravel are coming in at €1025 for 5. Was going to wait til following year to go but this is very hard to resist. Flights are via charlotte with short layover times. I think I'll pull the trigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

webpal wrote: »
    Just looking at flights to MCO next June/July and etravel are coming in at €1025 for 5. Was going to wait til following year to go but this is very hard to resist. Flights are via charlotte with short layover times. I think I'll pull the trigger.

Yea, great deal. I ended up booking at 252 pp last night in May, thats even better, what dates have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭webpal

Out 23 June back 7 July

Should mention it was e-travel.ie

• Advertisement

webpal wrote: »
    Out 23 June back 7 July

Sounds great. Has to be a glitch or something. Skyscanner doesn't show them that cheap either on those dates. So cheap.
    Now lets hope the Euro keeps getting stronger against the dollar and it will be an even better holiday! I'd book it, we'll never find prices that cheap again....I assume.
    I was almost going to book with United for 2000 for 5 of us which I thought was reasonable, then e-travel rate was so low yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭CFC007

Hi, which hotel was this. I'll call them up and check prices as going over in 3 weeks.
    adam88 wrote: »
    Prob too late but I found buying tickets when over to be the cheapest. Our hotel had a ticket desk and they were practically giving them away compared to attractionticketsdirect

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

I flew to Florida 2 weeks on a budget. €170 return to Providence with Norwegian and then €150 return from Providence to Tampa with Southwest.

Norwegian were great to fly with. No inflight entertainment but a powerbank and a tablet and you are all set. Preclearence in Dublin was a dream. So easy.

Southwest were great to fly with as well. 2 free checked in bags is ideal as well. They fly to Orlanda cheaply as well.

It's well worth checking out as an option if prices are coming into the thousands.

DDC1990 wrote: »
    I flew to Florida 2 weeks on a budget. €170 return to Providence with Norwegian and then €150 return from Providence to Tampa with Southwest.

Norwegian were great to fly with. No inflight entertainment but a powerbank and a tablet and you are all set. Preclearence in Dublin was a dream. So easy.

Southwest were great to fly with as well. 2 free checked in bags is ideal as well. They fly to Orlanda cheaply as well.

It's well worth checking out as an option if prices are coming into the thousands.
    American airlines seem to have adjusted the pricing with e-travel.... Back to normal prices by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Well Shannon suited us , it was with united airlines , Shannon stopover at ewr , approx 410 each way per person. , We are doing internal flights after and not returning from Orlando .
    Great fare if it's for 2 transatlantics. We always do indirect too, much better prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭dodzy

It's my main reason for getting a Disney ticket, I can't wait to see it in person.

"Breathtaking" would be doing it a serious injustice. Hats off to the team that put this together. It's simply unreal. If people are unfortunate enough not to secure a fast pass, all I can say is queue, whatever the wait, just do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

Yea offers are gone. I had 4 seats, was going through booking at just over 800 for May 2018 and it hung. Waited for it but no joy. Went back in and they are over 500 each now. Well done to anyone that for them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

Going to Orlando next week for a work training course but will have a couple of days downtime. Possibly going to Kennedy Space Centre. Whats the cheapest way to get tickets for attractions? Buying online beforehand or over there?

Will have around 3 maybe 4 days free time. Would like to get to one of the parks also like universal. Is that possible in such little time?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭j_mo

mossy464 wrote:
    Going to Orlando next week for a work training course but will have a couple of days downtime. Possibly going to Kennedy Space Centre. Whats the cheapest way to get tickets for attractions? Buying online beforehand or over there?

Definitely buying beforehand is more economical. Try looking at undercovertourist.com for one day tickets.
    mossy464 wrote:
    Will have around 3 maybe 4 days free time. Would like to get to one of the parks also like universal. Is that possible in such little time?

It's definitely possible. A little bit might depend on how you are intending to get around. Public transport will mean you're waiting around to reach destinations a bit more. Have a great time over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

mossy464 wrote: »

Where are you staying? Will you be renting a car? Get your tickets online, 2 days will let you see most of the two universal parks, water park too if you want on the extra day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

Where are you staying? Will you be renting a car? Get your tickets online, 2 days will let you see most of the two universal parks, water park too if you want on the extra day.

Staying at Disney Coronado hotel. Trying to decide where would be best to go for one day. Also want to fit in some shopping. Hadn't planned to rent a car

Free time now looks limited to 2 days btw

Don't go to Disney, it's torture with the crowds and queues, if I got free tickets I don't think I'd go back.

I'd get a Seaworld/Aquatica ticket and do a bit of shopping in the outlets. Just use Ubers to get around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Don't go to Disney, it's torture with the crowds and queues, if I got free tickets I don't think I'd go back.

To get the best out of Disney you have to do a few things,

Avoid visiting at Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, June, July & first half of August & to a lesser extent when the college's are on Spring break
    October is great time to visit

Stay onsite at a Disney hotel, there are hotels for every budget, from cheap & cheerful to delux, the advantage of being able to book fastpasses at 60 days plus other perks, compared to 30 for offsite guests makes a big difference

We've enjoyed villa & off-site hotels in the past but we have also done onsite at both Disney & Universal & to be honest I wouldn't stay offsite again for the whole holiday, we found that 5 nights onsite at Disney & 2 at Universal, followed by a week in a villa worked very well

Strongly considering onsite one week visits in the future, Disney only or Universal, SeaWorld, Aquatica & Busch Gardens, bit of quality over quantity

We were off site but had FPs booked and got there early, was last week of August, crowds were still at an 8. Honestly, never again would we go, supposed to be a holiday but felt more like an endurance test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭adam88

snor wrote: »
    Have my FOP fastpass for October - can't wait!
    That's interesting about the tickets Adam as when I was there before, it was much more expensive to buy tickets there. What hotel has the ticket desk? Thanks - have a magic time ��

Best western, pic is attached I think. They were nearly half the price of what I paid from attraction tickets here in Ireland.
    Found it hard to believe as a friend of mine here goes often and he said to buy the tickets here in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭adam88

Best western, pic is attached I think. They were nearly half the price of what I paid from attraction tickets here in Ireland.
    Found it hard to believe as a friend of mine here goes often and he said to buy the tickets here in Ireland.

So paid €300ish from attraction tickets for universal x 3 and seaworld, Busch gardens and some other park.

Was nosey and visited the ticket desk in my hotel. All six was for $183 dollars. Don't know if it was a promotion or not but next time I'm going over I'm going to chance ticket offices in hotels again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Was this one of the ones you have to take a tour to get the discount?

So paid €300ish from attraction tickets for universal x 3 and seaworld, Busch gardens and some other park.

Was nosey and visited the ticket desk in my hotel. All six was for $183 dollars. Don't know if it was a promotion or not but next time I'm going over I'm going to chance ticket offices in hotels again

Looking at tickets recently myself and that seems really cheap. Was it this ticket https://www.attractionticketsdirect.ie/orlando-attraction-tickets/orlando-flexticket/orlando-flexticket-6-parks? ANd then Best Werstern had the same for $183?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭MB05

As far as I know the unlimited 14 day tickets are designed for the UK and Ireland market only. If you ever look at the US websites or in Walmart etc they are 1 -5 day tickets with or without hopper/park to park.

It's only a guess but I suspect they have more restrictions on them than the 14 day unlimited entry tickets you buy here.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭yummymummyjay

Following this thread for future Orlando planning 😊😊😊

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

mossy464 wrote: »
    Staying at Disney Coronado hotel. Trying to decide where would be best to go for one day. Also want to fit in some shopping. Hadn't planned to rent a car

Free time now looks limited to 2 days btw

NASA/Kennedy Space Centre is a must see if you have any interest in that stuff.

I'd also recommend Gatorland. It's a good day out and and is very good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Following this thread for future Orlando planning 😊😊😊

I've been doing the same for almost a year!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭CFC007

Just called the ticket desk the big offer was 2 day 3 parks Universal for over $300. Asked about that $183 and they don't know about it said Universal and Sea World couldn't be combined.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭TimHorton

CFC007 wrote: »
    Just called the ticket desk the big offer was 2 day 3 parks Universal for over $300. Asked about that $183 and they don't know about it said Universal and Sea World couldn't be combined.

He was obviosly talking crap -

Orlando is expensive - Nobody gets a good deal.If you can't afford it then don't go, I have brought my family 3 times and spent a fortune.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭yummymummyjay

80s Child wrote: »
    I've been doing the same for almost a year!!!

constantly dreaming haha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement