Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hisense 43" 4k

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,184 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Does anyone know why my TV turns itself on sometimes? I'm not sure what it's doing but the red standby light will be on, then it goes blue and starts flashing for a few seconds before going back to red. The actual screen never comes on though.

I wouldn't notice it but for the LED strip I have plugged into the USB port. When the TV turns itself on for a few seconds it sends power to the LEDs and they come on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,322 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

any other equipment that could interfere with it close by?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ReZonator

I have the 40 inch and haven't noticed this happening. I wonder if it has anything to do with the CEC function, which can be turned off. It allows HDMI devices to control each other. Maybe Ethernet could cause it to wake, just guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

Oat23 wrote: »
    Does anyone know why my TV turns itself on sometimes? I'm not sure what it's doing but the red standby light will be on, then it goes blue and starts flashing for a few seconds before going back to red. The actual screen never comes on though.

I wouldn't notice it but for the LED strip I have plugged into the USB port. When the TV turns itself on for a few seconds it sends power to the LEDs and they come on too.

I've a led strip plugged into the socket beside my Hisense TV and they must use the same signal. Amy time I use the remote for the TV the led strip would change colour.

Skerries wrote: »
    any other equipment that could interfere with it close by?

Don't think so. It's not a major issue just something strange I noticed.
    ReZonator wrote: »
    I have the 40 inch and haven't noticed this happening. I wonder if it has anything to do with the CEC function, which can be turned off. It allows HDMI devices to control each other. Maybe Ethernet could cause it to wake, just guessing.

Have CEC disabled on mine as well as no ethernet or wifi as I use my shield tv for everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Anyone having problems with the Netflix app ?

Mine was working perfectly up to about a week ago.
    When we try to watch a show it takes forever to reach 15/20% and then says that the program is not available.

If I turn the TV off and on again it sometimes fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

will56 wrote: »
    Anyone having problems with the Netflix app ?

Mine was working perfectly up to about a week ago.
    When we try to watch a show it takes forever to reach 15/20% and then says that the program is not available.

If I turn the TV off and on again it sometimes fix it

Could it be your connection? Are you using a cable or wireless?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Could it be your connection? Are you using a cable or wireless?

Definitely not the connection, its wired directly to the router

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Any 49-50inch versions of these about? Richer sounds are sold out.... Amazon won't have it for two months. Delivery from argos in UK will be pain in the hole..... And I don't know what their warranty is

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Any 49-50inch versions of these about? Richer sounds are sold out.... Amazon won't have it for two months. Delivery from argos in UK will be pain in the hole..... And I don't know what their warranty is

£426 from the warehouse, should be 20% off that too

• Advertisement

Some decent deals around for Hisense TVs now and I'm guessing there will be more over the next 7-10 days if anyone is looking. Coming up on a year with mine and it's still going strong. Need another TV actually so unless I can find a good OLED deal I'll get another Hisense!

50in (€469) http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7392292.htm

49in (£369/€415 delivered) https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hisense-H495500UK-49inch-UHD-Smart/dp/B074848TJH/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1510826855&sr=8-3&keywords=hisense%2B4k&th=1

• Registered Users Posts: 24,293 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Is Hisense a decent brand?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Some decent deals around for Hisense TVs now and I'm guessing there will be more over the next 7-10 days if anyone is looking. Coming up on a year with mine and it's still going strong. Need another TV actually so unless I can find a good OLED deal I'll get another Hisense!

49in (£369/€415 delivered) https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hisense-H495500UK-49inch-UHD-Smart/dp/B074848TJH/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1510826855&sr=8-3&keywords=hisense%2B4k&th=1
    What model have u

• Registered Users Posts: 12,322 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

lawred2 wrote: »
    Is Hisense a decent brand?

yeah they are one of those brands that are not as well known but do good products such as Xiaomi or Anker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

No HDR on this...just pointing it out in case you missed it...If its not important to you then perfect price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

neacy69 wrote: »
    No HDR on these...just pointing it out in case you missed it...If its not important to you then perfect price

The one on amazon does appear to have HDR, but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

cronos wrote: »
    The one on amazon does appear to have HDR, but I could be wrong.

Sorry only the 50" you linked is without HDR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

The £369 one was £359 a few days ago, but only for a day. Thought it might go lower, but seems a great deal even if it doesn't.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Ha ha, have to laugh all all this HDR chat, I'm big into my TV's and HDR at this screen size is not noticeable, I have a 65" and with HDR enabled there is just about a difference.
    Don't let HDR impact your decision making at this price range

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

How can you find out which Hisence models have the smart IPTV app?
    My hisense M7000 does, but my mate has a hisense TV and the app is not available in the apps store?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Prunty

The Hisense H495500UK 49inch 4K UHD Smart TV is going for £369.99 at the moment on Amazon - a price drop of £150.

I had been watching a slightly bigger Hisense that uses ULED tech but is there much of a difference?

Is this one worth taking the plunge on?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Some good price drops on amazon for Hisense TV's at the moment, just got the alert

Like this for £279

I just picked up a 49" 4k HDR enabled Hisense TV for £299, there seemed to be only 10 in stock and they sold out in minutes, I was just lucky

Edit: they seemed to have made some of these offers for prime members only.

Damn this bargain alert section, costing me a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

tonic wine wrote: »
    How can you find out which Hisence models have the smart IPTV app?
    My hisense M7000 does, but my mate has a hisense TV and the app is not available in the apps store?

I bought a H495700 Hisense tv from Amazon in November only to find out no IPTV app.
    contacted Hisense and received the following:

'Good Morning

Thank you for your contact regarding the app you wish to install, unfortunately it is not one we support due the content licensing issues.

In addition, we do not advertise it as being an available app.

Kind regards

Hisense Service Team'

The LG 55 in Argos then came up for €519 so returned the Hisense to Amazon for a full refund. Happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

There's an IPtv app on my 65 inch tv

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

Del007 wrote: »
    There's an IPtv app on my 65 inch tv

whats the name of the app? needs to be allow entry of own m3u link.

Siptv

siptv.eu

It's in the Hisense app store on ur tv, well that's how I downloaded it anyways.

I put my own .m3u playlists onto it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

did anyone get an OTA update for the 43 50 or 55 m3300 in the last few days?

I got an update for my 65" but it won't update. Every time I turn on the TV it tells me that an update is available but it's eother not installing or downloading

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

thanks, spotted it over on AVForums, must check it out later, been a while coming. The number of people with these is small so finding info on it is hard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ReZonator

My m403300 40" Hisense updated to V00.01.00a.H1229 today, from V00.01.00a.H0112. Funny thing is now it tells me to update to H1110, which seems like a downgrade, if I'm not mistaken. It says the latest version is H12.29._to._H1110, and its description says it's to update Freeview Play, and an DVB-T2 update with a few major fixes. If I click update nothing happens!

Advertisement