Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-M28 thread

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gerogerigegege

L1011 wrote: »
    Meaning that the claim is by the residents association, not TII; and you were misrepresenting it.
    you're not reading my posts.
    you're incorrect.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

you're not reading my posts.
    you're incorrect.

I've read your posts. I've read the entire thread.

You made a claim that marno21 posted unproven content. I can't see any. You refuse to provide links to back this up.

"I'm on mobile" is not an excuse for this - even Apple added cut and paste support to the iPhone eventually; every other phone has had it since ever.

L1011 wrote: »
    I've read your posts. I've read the entire thread.

You made a claim that marno21 posted unproven content. I can't see any. You refuse to provide links to back this up.

"I'm on mobile" is not an excuse for this - even Apple added cut and paste support to the iPhone eventually; every other phone has had it since ever.

you didnt read my posts.
    again, you are talking utter, utter rubbish.
    no wonder boards has such a pathetic reputation

good night
    the current sound levels are unknown. the last time they were tested by the county council was in 2014 they were well over WHO and EU norms at 60-75 db. This is unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,734 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

in two minutes youve read it?
    go again..
    as for retractions. boards.ie is mainly a pile of dung. filled with childish runts with no lives. you think I'd waste my time 'retracting' posts..
    ha
    ha

And yet here you are making claims and posting links to sites/Facebook groups that similarly have no actual evidence to backup the claims being made, nor any apparent mandate to be "representing" anyone except maybe the 45 members referenced on the site.

When pulled up on this you resort to name-calling and deflection.. and we're the "childish runts with no lives"... riiight! :rolleyes:

Incidentally though... if anyone googled "M28", Boards and these threads do appear in the results. You might want to consider that in how you put your case across and deal with questions/skepticism if you hope to win additional support for your cause - because I somehow doubt it's the "thousands" referred to on the aforementioned pages and you'll need more than a few dozen people if you hope to influence the real decision makers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

you didnt read my posts.

good night
    the current sound levels are unknown. the last time they were tested by the county council was in 2014 they were well over WHO and EU norms at 60-75 db. This is unacceptable.

You said you received a letter from TII saying that there would be no sound proofing.

You now say the letter is from your residents association which amounts to zero proof.

Given this project has European funding all aspects of its design must comply with all Europe directives and regulations.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

you didnt read my posts.

good night

You made a claim TII had made a statement. It turned out to be your residents association. Misrepresentation of the highest order - and you are the one claiming unproven posts by others!

If you have such concerns about boards reputation, why do you continue posting and attempting to recruit for your singularly property price concerned (as you admitted yourself) NIMBY group here?

And? The new road is not the old road.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,734 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

You said....
    according to the TII no sound barriers will be put up to lessen the pollution from the road

Then you said you got this from....
    a letter circulated to residents in my area

But now, apparently....
    this letter is not from the TII but from my residents association.

Those are your posts/words mate. No point ranting and insulting people when you've been caught out with more misrepresentation of the facts
    good night

I think that's the best idea alright.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    You said....

Then you said you got this from....

But now, apparently....

Those are your posts/words mate. No point ranting and insulting people when you've been caught out with more misrepresentation of the facts

I think that's the best idea alright.

I dont see what your issue is. the letter I received stated the TII were not putting up sound barriers and the last noise tests done by the County Council were above the limits specified by the WHO etc.
    very simple.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Mod: I think this thread is going nowhere. Unless there is an improvement in the standard of posting, I will close it down.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

MOD: Seeing as the post about the "letter from TII" was yet another lie, I am locking this thread

When there is a genuine reason for the M28 not to be built that can be discussed for a valid reason PM me and I will reopen the thread. "I live beside the N28" is not a valid reason for the motorway not to be built.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement