Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-M28 thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Nuf

“In critical moments, men sometimes see exactly what they wish to see.”

As this isn't Vulcan though, other rules apply, such as EISs, appeals, An Bord Pleanala, possible oral hearing etc. I'm sure you don't object to due process and I'm sure all spurious objections will be quickly cast aside.

A quote from ME!
    "I'm not necessarily advocating the alternative route suggested via the airport but I do have enough experience of the TII to have no confidence in them to properly protect or shield the houses in my area from the negative effects of the proposed new motorway. "

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/calls-to-reroute-planned-motorway-in-cork-434183.html

Geniuses. Do they not realise part of the 40% increase in N28 corridor traffic will be down to the removal of rat running traffic from their residential areas and onto a motorway where it belongs?

Also, the fact that Shane Ross is entertaining this is bizarre too. Nothing to do with him. Anytime a road needs building he wants nothing to do with it but when there's a possibility of kicking the can down the road he's all over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

Some of these people should really know better at this stage. The "alternative" to run an outer ring from Ringaskiddy to Bandon Road roundabout is a bit of a farce. Why would trucks from the port go cross country to a signalised roundabout to get on the South Ring when they could use the existing road at Carrs hill on to a free flowing junction. Beggars belief that it would be entertained.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

Madness. No wonder Buttimer lost his seat.

No one will go miles out of their way to use that road.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gerogerigegege

according to the TII no sound barriers will be put up to lessen the pollution from the road

• Advertisement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Middle Man

So basically, the plan is...

Go over the Shannonpark Roundabout and run the motorway somewhere along the way past the airport and link up with the Bandon Road Roundabout.

Yep, that sounds like a well thought out plan! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

What are you smoking?

How is routing the M28 across very difficult terrain towards the Bandon Road Roundabout, which is already very congested and can't be upgraded, which would cost 3/4 times the cost of the existing M28 plan a better safer and more efficient scheme?

Who do you think is going to believe this rubbish? What about the residents along the proposed corridor and the residents along the N71?

Current noise levels from the existing N28 sre up to 75db in homes adjacent to the road with that expected to rise further with the motorway. The World Health Organisation categorizes noise levels above 55db as a "serious annoyance".

If you build an M28 along your proposed corridor it's going to have ZERO effect on the noise levels beside the existing N28. No one will use the new road, everyone will use the existing N28 meaning that noise levels will NOT be reduced.

according to the TII no sound barriers will be put up to lessen the pollution from the road

Proof please

• Advertisement

marno21 wrote: »
    What are you smoking?

How is routing the M28 across very difficult terrain towards the Bandon Road Roundabout, which is already very congested and can't be upgraded, which would cost 3/4 times the cost of the existing M28 plan a better safer and more efficient scheme?

Who do you think is going to believe this rubbish? What about the residents along the proposed corridor and the residents along the N71?

Those residents don't have the money and the contacts to object no doubt.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

An insane detour is "more efficient"? At what, exactly?

At least you've come with an "alternative" after banging on about one, demanding people sign a petition for one and not having one. Because now you've given it, it can be ridiculed as the pathetic joke it is.

Your sole concern is property prices, as far as I can tell. Sell now, then.

I've read that the Steering group represents over 10,000 people living in the Douglas area.

1. To represent these people, you need a mandate, which you clearly don't have.
    2. You certainly don't represent me.
    3. Your Facebook page hasn't yet broken 150 members. 10,000 my arse.

And georgie still hasn't explained how the new road will "destroy" Douglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,733 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I've read that the Steering group represents over 10,000 people living in the Douglas area.

+1

I had a read of the site - 45 members... hardly representative of 10000 residents.

The proposed "alternative" is ridiculous, completely missing the point of this road - but then that doesn't matter as long as it's "someone else's" problem. :rolleyes:

Proof please
    a letter circulated to residents in my area.
    the current sound levels are unknown. the last time they were tested by the county council was in 2014 they were well over WHO and EU norms at 60-75 db. This is unacceptable.

where did I say I represented you?
    why make up stuff?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

If the letter isn't from TII, its someone else making stuff up - as most of the "facts" from the property price obsessed side have been.

Seriously - there's a bubble now. Sell and move if you are that worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,733 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

why make up stuff?

Your site suggests you represent 10,000 residents. Your facebook page says :
    We at the M28 Steering group represent thousands of residents in the greater Douglas area.

(post on 27/10)

Neither of which appear to be true with a stated membership of 45.

By who? Saying exactly what? Stick up a pic/scan there. In fact I'd expect to see that on your site as it'd surely help your cause?

From now on, any claims made without proof will have their posts deleted.

This goes for both sides (in the interests of balance), but especially the anti-M28 side who have riddled this thread with unsubstantiated claims.

The claim about the TII not erecting barriers is to be proven or the posts will be removed. I don't want this forum getting a bad reputation for completely unbased claims being made and being permitted.

marno21 wrote: »
    From now on, any claims made without proof will have their posts deleted.

This goes for both sides (in the interests of balance), but especially the anti-M28 side who have riddled this thread with unsubstantiated claims.

The claim about the TII not erecting barriers is to be proven or the posts will be removed. I don't want this forum getting a bad reputation for completely unbased claims being made and being permitted.

can you delete the unproven stuff youve posted on this thread?
    or will I contact another admin.
    funnily one has already contacted me about you.

• Advertisement

can you delete the unproven stuff youve posted on this thread?
    or will I contact another admin.
    funnily one has already contacted me about you.

What unproven stuff?

If you want to come to an evidence showing here, you've got a good weeks work ahead of you or a lot of retractions to write.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Your site suggests you represent 10,000 residents. Your facebook page says :

(post on 27/10)

Neither of which appear to be true with a stated membership of 45.

By who? Saying exactly what? Stick up a pic/scan there. In fact I'd expect to see that on your site as it'd surely help your cause?

this is not my site as already stated. have a bit of manners and I may engage with you.

L1011 wrote: »
    What unproven stuff?
    read the thread. I brought him up many times for his childish name calling also.

read the thread. I brought him up many times for his childish name calling also.

I've read it. Can't find any. Links please.

this is not my site as already stated. have a bit of manners and I may engage with you.

Do you agree that it is full of nonsense, then?

why make up stuff?

Where did I say that you claimed you represented me?. I was referring to the Steering Group.

the current sound levels are unknown. the last time they were tested by the county council was in 2014 they were well over WHO and EU norms at 60-75 db. This is unacceptable.

I'm a resident in very close proximity to the proposed M28 and have received no such letter.

You might put up a scan. I wouldn't mind complaining to TII for not being on the mailing list.

in two minutes youve read it?

Some of us actually read threads before replying the first time.

I'm a resident in very close proximity to the proposed M28 and have received no such letter.

You might put up a scan. I wouldn't mind complaining to TII for not being on the mailing list.
    on my mobile at the moment...I will post it up as soon as I can.
    this letter is not from the TII but from my residents association.

• Advertisement

on my mobile at the moment...I will post it up as soon as I can.
    this letter is not from the TII but from my residents association.

Meaning that the claim is by the residents association, not TII; and you were misrepresenting it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement