Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-M28 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

This scheme seems to be unambiguously beneficial to both the region and nationally, along with many of the benighted communities on the route.

I've grown up in a community which had a motorway built right through the middle of it (very few house CPOs needed back in those days).

In the first place, the level of noise after the smoother road opened was far lower. On the oldest stretch of motorway, there were and are no complaints from us or anyone I know who live even closer to it.

When people died while there was no proper route, it certainly put the need for the route in perspective. The parts of the N28 shown above are clearly dangerous as well as inadequate and it makes this project exceptionally needed, along with dunkettle, the M20 and some of the smaller schemes like N2 Slane (don't get me started on that).

Even the M7 upgrade is arguably something that is being developed instead of considerable improvements to rail infrastructure in south Kildare and Carlow, and may simply dump more traffic on the M50. The M28 is even more critical IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭gerogerigegege

FA Hayek wrote: »
    From what I hear on the ground, the people behind the anti-M28 group are a bunch of jumped up busy bodies, most of them OAP's with too much time on their hands, who are trying to bully others to supporting their cause. There has been reports of intimidation and under handed tactics in trying to stop this route from going ahead. They seem to have borrowed a lot from those loonies in the AAA/PBP.

Of course, they will deny this. But this upgrade will serve the area very well when it goes ahead.
    what's is your issue with OAP's? have they no right to voice concern?
    shocking. can you post or pm me the details please? otherwise withdraw your serious accusation.
    I await with interest

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

I just had to laugh at the idiotic comments.

There is currently a bloody road there that carries traffic, will get a hell of a lot more worse and has terrible vehicle emissions anyway, oh and there is noise.

What is so bad that they widen it and make it safer?

Sorry but all i can see here is people worried about property values.

Tough luck this will happen and the sooner the better.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

what's is your issue with OAP's? have they no right to voice concern?
    shocking. can you post or pm me the details please? otherwise withdraw your serious accusation.
    I await with interest
    OAPs have lots of time during the day to object to projects that don't suit them whilst working middle aged people are doing exactly that - working.

Younger people in the Douglas/Rochestown/Maryborough/Grange areas will benefit from this scheme for the rest of their lives. The video above highlights the fact that the "M28 Steering Group" are just peddling absolute nonsense and scaremongering. You live very close to the existing N28 which produces the same fumes that will come from the M28 and creates the same noise. If emissions from cars are a problem, it wasn't a very bright idea to live next to the road to one of Ireland's most car dependent satellite towns and one of Ireland's biggest ports, and not too far from Cork's orbital road which carries 90k vehicles near Douglas.

This traffic isn't going to go away. If the M28 isn't built it just means more delays, more people getting killed needlessly, and no port upgrade worth lots to the Cork and Irish economy.

• Advertisement

marno21 wrote: »
    OAPs have lots of time during the day to object to projects that don't suit them whilst working middle aged people are doing exactly that - working.

Younger people in the Douglas/Rochestown/Maryborough/Grange areas will benefit from this scheme for the rest of their lives. The video above highlights the fact that the "M28 Steering Group" are just peddling absolute nonsense and scaremongering. You live very close to the existing N28 which produces the same fumes that will come from the M28 and creates the same noise. If emissions from cars are a problem, it wasn't a very bright idea to live next to the road to one of Ireland's most car dependent satellite towns and one of Ireland's biggest ports, and not too far from Cork's orbital road which carries 90k vehicles near Douglas.

This traffic isn't going to go away. If the M28 isn't built it just means more delays, more people getting killed needlessly, and no port upgrade worth lots to the Cork and Irish economy.

the OAPs are entitled to object. if you don't like that, ring your local td. that comment sounds extremely insane.

have you the figures to back up the emissons, noise, nonsense comment?
    thanks

btw you are apparently a mod. will you act on the accusations made by the poster FA Hayek or is this place just a free for all OAP hating looney asylum?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

the OAPs are entitled to object. if you don't like that, ring your local td. that comment sounds extremely insane.

have you the figures to back up the emissons, noise, nonsense comment?
    thanks

btw you are apparently a mod. will you act on the accusations made by the poster FA Hayek or is this place just a free for all OAP hating looney asylum?
    Can I please see evidence to back up all of your claims you have made in the last month for all of these objections?

The notion that the road should be built west to join the N27 or the N71 is also ridiculous. Both are already over capacity and both meet the N40 at signalised roundabouts. Both also run through or near residential areas meaning it's just other people who will have to "suffer the noise and fumes".

Can I please see evidence to back up all of your claims you have made in the last month for all of these objections?

The notion that the road should be built west to join the N27 or the N71 is also ridiculous. Both are already over capacity and both meet the N40 at signalised roundabouts. Both also run through or near residential areas meaning it's just other people who will have to "suffer the noise and fumes".

you have no evidence of anything you just posted.
    all made up rubbish.

all made up rubbish.

:D:D:D:D:D:D Have you ever ever been outside of your own parish?

What do you want? Evidence that there are houses etc on the Bandon Road and that there are traffic lights where the N71 joins up with the N40.
    That there is already chaos at The Kinsale Road roundabout?

You are not well traveled are you?

I can vouch that is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

all made up rubbish.

You are the one who made all these claims first. They are meaningless with proof or some sort of back up.

My view is that they are made up on the spot by yourself in an effort to block this development by any means.

• Advertisement

kub wrote: »

What do you want? Evidence that there are houses etc on the Bandon Road and that there are traffic lights where the N71 joins up with the N40.

:D that gave me a laugh.
    nearly funnier than the MOD making up stories about car emissions and having issues with OAP's:p

You are the one who made all these claims first. They are meaningless with proof or some sort of back up.

My view is that they are made up on the spot by yourself in an effort to block this development by any means.
    lol...made up on the spot.block developments.serious business. this is boards.ie.....not the Dail :D
    list the claims I made.
    quote me.
    thanks.

So Marno21 said:

To which you responded :
    all made up rubbish

To which I responded:

That there is already chaos at The Kinsale Road roundabout?

You are not well traveled are you?

No you follow up with :
    :Dthat gave me a laugh.
    nearly funnier than the MOD making up stories about car emissions and having issues with OAP's:p

I am glad you can laugh at yourself, because you are funny.

So Marno21 said:

To which you responded :

To which I responded:

No you follow up with :

I am glad you can laugh at yourself, because you are funny.

I asked for figures on emissions. he said they'd be the same.
    he hasnt posted evidence of this.
    can you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

all made up rubbish.

Yes, he's making up the fact that the N71 & 27 both also run through residential areas, and join the N40 at signalised junctions!!

Kevwoody wrote: »
    Yes, he's making up the fact that the N71 & 27 both also run through residential areas, and join the N40 at signalised junctions!!
    no just making up the noise and emission levels it would seem
    please provide evidence of this.

I asked for figures on emissions. he said they'd be the same.
    he hasnt posted evidence of this.
    can you?

Can you post evidence claiming otherwise?

TII are either going to build this road on the existing route or not at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'm surprised this thread has gone on as it has TBH but ok ger...etc, please list in bullet points the main objections you have for this scheme, the reasons for those objections and your alternative proposals. Then maybe we can have a reasonable debate on it rather than this tit-for-tat stuff

Please also advise how you propose dealing with the already significant safety and capacity problems on the N28 as it exists today. You're surely aware of the tailbacks, bad road surfacing and dangerous bends on the road now, right?

However if your whole argument is just "well I don't care where they build it as long as it's not in my area" then I'm afraid that's unlikely to carry much weight either here, or - more importantly - with the decision makers

no just making up the noise and emission levels it would seem
    please provide evidence of this.

So do you think it's a viable option to have the N28 diverted to either the N71 or 27 at the N40?

Can you post evidence claiming otherwise?

TII are either going to build this road on the existing route or not at all.

I didnt make a claim. I am concerned about the emissions.
    If the poster knows something about the future noise, emission levels he has claimed will occur I'd be interesting in hearing.

Ive asked now numerous times with no reply. so I'll leave it at that.
    Thanks guys !:o

• Advertisement

If the poster knows something about the future noise, emission levels I'd be interesting in hearing.

I'd like an answer to my previous question please.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

If the poster knows something about the future noise, emission levels I'd be interesting in hearing.

Maybe if you answered any of the numerous questions you've been asked instead of deflecting and giving smart arse replies, so that it was possible to have a rational disscussion, then you may get a bit more respect from other posters on here.

As this road won't open til 2021 or so, there will be a year-on-year increase of electric cars on the roads, let alone the fact that the technology in cars is reducing emissions every year.

As this road won't open til 2021 or so, there will be a year-on-year increase of electric cars on the roads, let alone the fact that the technology in cars is reducing emissions every year.

and no figures to back that up either?
    :rolleyes:
    why would anyone bother to engage on this forum. seriously.
    later kids

Happy now?

ev-sales.jpg

Oh good your still here.
    And I'm still waiting.....

Oh good your still here.
    And I'm still waiting.....

why would I engage with you when others won't with me?
    you can wait all you like
    its funny no one sees a problem with made up stories about noise, emissons, old people, intimidation allegations etc. and continue to post without questioning anything

This poster has an issue with facts. ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Where are your figures?
    later kids

Pot. Kettle. Black.

• Advertisement

why would I engage with you when others won't with me?
    you can wait all you like

Yes I call it you talking out of your arse, and ignoring the fact that there is absolutely nowhere else this road can go!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement