Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017-21 help to buy scheme - megathread. All help to buy discussion here please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 IvanPogi25

tobdom wrote: »
    Feel free to apply now, there's no expiry per se that I am aware of by which you have to claim after your application is processed. You will then know if you qualify for maximum relief or what the situation is - although based on tax paid in your review years (any/all of 2013, 14, 15, 16) you should have a fair idea if you're likely to qualify for the max amount (5% of the purchase price, up to max of €20000).

Our application has been approved for some weeks now but it will likely be another few months before we'd be proceeding with a claim.

You track your application through 'MyAccount' online and you will see it progressing through the stages, so you will see there when it has been completed.
    In our case and with other friends I spoke with, we all applied for HTB in January. It took a while before it was approved for the application stage so I would suggest to apply now. Our approval has an expiration of 31 December 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 IvanPogi25

judy80 wrote: »
    Builder will get all the money and it is up to them if they send you the money or take off the purchase price. You have to ask the builder.
    I agree that the builder will get all the money but with regard to the excess deposit paid, you can talk to your solicitor to get the money back.

We are in the same situation and our solicitor will deduct the excess from the final payment on drawdown of the loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Jellybaby17

IvanPogi25 wrote: »
    The information required as far as I remember are as follows:
    - Property value
    - Deposit required
    - Deposit paid to date
    - Mortgage provider
    - Mortgage approved - value
    - Mortgage reference number
    - Allocation of HTB rebate - if the property value is over €400k then the allocation should be the value as per the HTB approval letter. If the property value is below €400k, then 5% of the property value can be allocated however you like for as long as you will not exceed the value approved per applicant.

The process is so quick. Once you provide the correct information it will be automatically approved. Revenue will send you the claim reference number through MyEnquiries. This number and the access code given upon approval at application stage are what you will give to your contractor for verification. Once verified, the rebate will be paid to your contractor (assuming you signed the contract on or after 1 January 2017) within 5 working days.

Thanks very much for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Arse Biscuits

IvanPogi25 wrote: »
    Once you are approved for HTB, Revenue will send you a confirmation through "My Enquiries" in the revenue website with the amount approved, application number and access code. This is what you will give to your mortgage provider.
    Yes I know and understand that but did you need a written letter from Revenue?

Yes I know and understand that but did you need a written letter from Revenue?

No you can screenshot the approval email you get in my enquiries and send that to the bank along with your codes
    That's what we were asked for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Lili88

No you can screenshot the approval email you get in my enquiries and send that to the bank along with your codes
    That's what we were asked for

I have provided this to the bank for application stage. But now that we want our letter of offer we've been told by the bank that we need an official letter from Revenue..

Lili88 wrote: »
    I have provided this to the bank for application stage. But now that we want our letter of offer we've been told by the bank that we need an official letter from Revenue..

That's strange
    I guess ring them or email through my enquiries and see can they send you out one.im sure they can
    Bit over the top considering they can check online on the revenue website that you have been approved

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Arse Biscuits

Lili88 wrote: »

Yeah me too and I was wondering was I the only one.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Cober17

Hi all, I wonder how long does it take to get the relief available after submitting the application on the stage 1? In other terms, how long does it take to get the access code to move to the claim stage?

I submitted my application 3 weeks ago and the status is still under revision. Is this normal?

Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Cober17 wrote: »
    Hi all, I wonder how long does it take to get the relief available after submitting the application on the stage 1? In other terms, how long does it take to get the access code to move to the claim stage?

I submitted my application 3 weeks ago and the status is still under revision. Is this normal?

Thanks

Typically about 6-7 weeks- if everything is in order- any issues (on anyone's side- including Revenue)- and it can take significantly longer. Still issues with some developers not featuring- though the numbers of them are dwindling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Confused ftb

Hi guys, we are trying to apply for the help to buy scheme, I've filed all tax returns and had one underpayment that was holding us up but has since been paid but it still says on their site that I have a problem with that year and won't let me proceed, anyone have similar problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mintaka

Thanks

Hi

Something similar happened to me. I rang them up and they only noticed then that there was a problem. They sent the issue to the IT help desk and it took them 2 weeks to resolve it.
    Mine was sitting there for ages before I rang, so maybe ring just in case it's an IT issue cos it won't get fixed otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Thanks

We were 10 weeks from start to finish. Took a while for the builder to get on the list prob 5 weeks. Whole thing was a bit of a pain but u have to push it on urself. We rang revenue probably 25 times in all to push on each section. I'm glad it's over.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ajmorno

Hi all I have a mortgage but the LTV is 70% exactly to the hundredth decimal! What is the bare minimum I need to get the rebate?

Will 70% do or do I need 70.1% or is it 71%?

Cheers

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

ajmorno wrote: »
    Hi all I have a mortgage but the LTV is 70% exactly to the hundredth decimal! What is the bare minimum I need to get the rebate?

Will 70% do or do I need 70.1% or is it 71%?

Cheers

70% qualifies.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ajmorno

70% qualifies.

Brilliant - I actually had to read the finance Act which is much clearer than the ROS site which states "more than 70%" the act says no less than 70% - big difference for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

I submitted my HTB application during the week and have just received acknowledgement that my application was successful and the amount I can claim.

When I proceed to claim, I come to a page asking to upload a Contract.

I am a few months away from actually buying a property, what contract is required to be uploaded and how long after this is uploaded does it take to go through?

Page From Revenue
    Contract upload details
    In order to proceed with the claim you must upload a copy of your contract through myEnquiries. Please provide the Enquiry ID below

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭ohlordy

You need to upload the contract of sale.
    If you haven't yet got one then your application can proceed no further.
    What you have is an acknowledgement that if you buy a newly built house that conforms to the requirements, then you will be entitled to the 5% rebate.
    The next stage will require you to input the sales price etc, as you have not agreed to buy anything there is no sales price yet etc

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Paulzp

Since early Feb 2017 (3 months passed) I was trying to Apply for Help-To-Buy in my online Revenue account. Every time I click Apply button I'm getting this (so I can't even apply):

"Please contact Revenue
    We cannot complete your request because our records show that your personal details need to be updated. Please telephone your local Revenue office or contact us through myEnquires. Please quote rule 1."

I called 20 times to Revenue Office, visited them once, sent 2 registered post letters.
    Every time they responded that it is their internal technical problem and they pushed my problem to their Help Desk (which suppose to push it to their HTB super secret new IT department). Every time they keep promising it will be resolved soon. But I just got contract from developer and need to sign it, so I will not be able to get 5% HTB from Revenue to pay 10% deposit.
    Now I'm preparing documents for legal action against Revenue for breaking my legal right to apply for Help-To-Buy.
    (Revenue literally ignoring my problem during last 3 months).

P.S. I filled out all Form 12 for 2013-2016 and paid 1 EUR underpayment for 2016 (so it is not the reason why it is not working).

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Confused ftb

Does anyone know what the difference is between "your max relief available" and "application max relief available" at the application stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Does anyone know what the difference is between "your max relief available" and "application max relief available" at the application stage?

I don't know. But I'd throw a guess at "your" refering to you as an individual applicant and the application max being the combination of you and your partner's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Paulzp wrote: »
    Since early Feb 2017 (3 months passed) I was trying to Apply for Help-To-Buy in my online Revenue account. Every time I click Apply button I'm getting this (so I can't even apply):

"Please contact Revenue
    We cannot complete your request because our records show that your personal details need to be updated. Please telephone your local Revenue office or contact us through myEnquires. Please quote rule 1."

I called 20 times to Revenue Office, visited them once, sent 2 registered post letters.
    Every time they responded that it is their internal technical problem and they pushed my problem to their Help Desk (which suppose to push it to their HTB super secret new IT department). Every time they keep promising it will be resolved soon. But I just got contract from developer and need to sign it, so I will not be able to get 5% HTB from Revenue to pay 10% deposit.
    Now I'm preparing documents for legal action against Revenue for breaking my legal right to apply for Help-To-Buy.
    (Revenue literally ignoring my problem during last 3 months).

P.S. I filled out all Form 12 for 2013-2016 and paid 1 EUR underpayment for 2016 (so it is not the reason why it is not working).
    You're gonna sue Revenue?
    I assume you are an solicitor or a barrister or a judge

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mossy82

Hello there, 
    Can anyone who has been through the process please advise me on a quick question? 
    We are applying for the scheme for our house we bought last year, we have done all our P60's and submitted our contract online. Our builder is set up and registered on the scheme. 
    From here, how long should it take revenue to process the application and are there any other steps involved? 
    Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Ring your solicitor, tell them what you're doing and they will ring the developer's solicitor with your details prompting them to complete the process. You will then get a mail from revenue stating the funds will be transferred within 5 days

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Dermotsull13

Hi,
    I'm hoping somebody might be able to advise me on a quick question.
    My wife and I are sale agreed on a house but for our HTB application do we have to do it as a joint group or can one of us just do a single application if enough tax has been paid over the last 4 years by that person?
    The reason I'm wondering is because every time we try to do a joint application it puts her "application under review" whereas I can successfully join the group. Can I just do the application on my own even though both our names will be on the contracts when they are signed?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Application maximum relief = 5% of the value of the property up to 20,000 (i.e. you max out the available relief @ 400,000) and it doesn't apply on property purchases of over 600,000.

Your max relief = total of all income tax and DIRT paid in the previous 4 years, to a maximum of 20,000 (the application maximum relief).

I.e. you can buy a new property as a first-time-buyer for 400,000 qualifying for an application maximum relief of 20,000- however, if, you only paid 12,500 in income tax and/or DIRT in the previous 4 years- you can only get a relief of the 12,500- not the 20,000 application maximum relief..........

Its a factor for some people who emigrated during the downturn- and have returned and are trying to buy property- but haven't paid a lot of tax in the recent past...........

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Corkguy2017

Hi there,

I am having the same issue as you with the error on one of my years for HTB application.

Did you have any luck in rectifying the problem? What do you recommend?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭kod12

I found calling them anytime there was a hold up on the webpage to be effective it was always sorted end of day

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭kod12

As a retrospective buyer do I need to get the contractor to verify the details to get a refund?

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Cracker86

Hi

Has anyone had any issues with the grant because the developer was in NAMA.

The developer is listed with the revenue website as approved but the solicitor on their side has advised there maybe an issue as the developer is in NAMA.

Just looking for any feedback.

Thanks

Advertisement