Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017-21 help to buy scheme - megathread. All help to buy discussion here please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SMF17

pilly wrote: »
    SMF17 wrote: »
    RootX - cheers for that! Now if only the two developers we have looked at so far were registered :(:sick:

I thought that all developers had to register? Surely it's not in their interests not to register?
    Unfortunately not, I was under that impression too! 
    We viewed a new build over the weekend and having thought everything over we decided we would be very happy to go with it. I just happened to click onto the list of registered developers not thinking much of it - until I noticed this developer was not listed. Called the agent who said "not at the moment" :'(  back to the drawing board!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Jellybaby17

RootX wrote: »
    All I can tell you is that's not how the process is meant to work, according to the Revenue website.

If you put down the full 10%, will Revenue accept that and still issue a refund to the builder? and what happens next, is the builder going to refund you?

It's a pickle alright, silly they don't stick to the Revenue process. What does your solicitor say?

I know it's not meant to work that way at all but that's the way they are trying to do it. I think they would give it back st the end yes. I don't even know how to apply for it if that's the case
    It's terrible that builders are not using this scheme in good faith

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wopp

I know it's not meant to work that way at all but that's the way they are trying to do it. I think they would give it back st the end yes. I don't even know how to apply for it if that's the case
    It's terrible that builders are not using this scheme in good faith

Happened to us, how we are fixing it is the solicitor will only give over the remaining amount after the mortgage is drawn down and refund us the difference. Turns out to be the same amount as his fee so thats handy!

Wopp wrote: »
    Happened to us, how we are fixing it is the solicitor will only give over the remaining amount after the mortgage is drawn down and refund us the difference. Turns out to be the same amount as his fee so thats handy!

Would you mind if I pm you with a question?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭janeybaby

bigpete32 wrote: »
    No clue how to PM on this but if you can PM me Ill reply with details.

Thanks BigPete - sent you a PM there.
    To access, use your mouse and hover over your username on top right of screen (beside "My Forums", menu will pop up. Select Private messages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭metricspaces

RootX wrote: »
    All I can tell you is that's not how the process is meant to work, according to the Revenue website.

If you put down the full 10%, will Revenue accept that and still issue a refund to the builder? and what happens next, is the builder going to refund you?

It's a pickle alright, silly they don't stick to the Revenue process. What does your solicitor say?

If you put down 10%, then you just need your mortgage to be 85%. Builder gets remaining 5% from Revenue - don't see where the issue is here?

If you put down 10%, then you just need your mortgage to be 85%. Builder gets remaining 5% from Revenue - don't see where the issue is here?

We really need it back as we never intended to use full 10%for deposit and it's needed for something else unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭metricspaces

We really need it back as we never intended to use full 10%for deposit and it's needed for something else unfortunately

Yeah, so if you need the 5% back then it makes sense to add something to contract.

If you don't need the 5% back (i.e. you are getting an 85% or smaller mortgage), then there doesn't appear to be any value of adding something to the contract (not sure what you would add anyway?).

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Cober17

Hi all,

Has anybody done your claim as a retrospective buyer (purchasing date 2016) and selecting the same 2016 as one of the year for claiming back the taxes?

I just ask because it is better for myself to include 2016 between the years to be claimed (although I bought in 2016). In the application stage, the system let me choose 2016 but I don't know if in the claiming stage they will reject the application.

I called to Revenue asking this, but they don't have a clue. They told me to apply and then wait to see if my claim is not rejected (:mad: unbelievable)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭louise1985

Cober17 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Has anybody done your claim as a retrospective buyer (purchasing date 2016) and selecting the same 2016 as one of the year for claiming back the taxes?

I just ask because it is better for myself to include 2016 between the years to be claimed (although I bought in 2016). In the application stage, the system let me choose 2016 but I don't know if in the claiming stage they will reject the application.

I called to Revenue asking this, but they don't have a clue. They told me to apply and then wait to see if my claim is not rejected (:mad: unbelievable)

Thanks
    I done a self build with the first drawdown in 2016 and like yourself it was more beneficial for me to use 2016.
    I got to claim 2016 and I have had my refund and all issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 jenb550

I'm looking for a small bit of clarification here if possible. Our claim is submitted. Our contractor just has to verify and we've given him all the relevant codes however he's saying that Revenue sent him out documents at the start of the scheme stating the role contractors would play in the scheme would be fully explained at a later date. He says he has had no updated documents and doesn't know how to proceed.

He is a qualifying contractor, his company is definitely on the list. I've told him he needs to log in to his online Revenue account, click the option to verify a claim and input the codes I have given him. Am I right in saying this? I'm aware that the deadline is this Friday, the 31st so I want to make sure I'm giving him the right instructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭sibersha

Hi all,

Thanks

Hi Cober

Although I have not yet received the rebate as I am waiting on my contractors details to appear on the qualifying list - I have bought in 2016 and also had a successful application (received claim code) whilst using 2016 as one of the years to claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wopp

Hi all,

Thanks

We bought in 2016 and claimed for 2013-2016 successfully. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Smacs89

jenb550 wrote: »
    He is a qualifying contractor, his company is definitely on the list. I've told him he needs to log in to his online Revenue account, click the option to verify a claim and input the codes I have given him. Am I right in saying this?

Yes this is correct

• Registered Users Posts: 42 schinkowski

Does anyone know if the application is already considered to be in progress when I just filled in the tax forms but didn't get to the part yet where i can upload the signed contracts and mortgage offer? I was waiting for revenue for over 2 weeks to validate those tax forms and now it's so close to the deadline that I don't think they'll be accepted in the myEnquiries section until I can proceed to the next step.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 amrt

Does anyone know if a site can be used towards the help to buy claim? We were gifted a site and as this was used against our mortgage we are not just €2k short or the LTV amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭ec18

so builder counted signed with the clause saying they had to claim funds from revenue....Curious from anyone that has gone through it after paying full deposit, what did you put in on the revenue system when it asks?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

hi all,

just been told by our bank that the builder is not registered, can anyone advise what we do?

should we request the builder to regiester and if so how long does it take?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Arrrrrrrr 3 months going on now. Finally builder on list. Gave him the codes but can't see where he has to enter them on his page. Can anyone help please or know what he has to select.

Larsso30 wrote: »
    hi all,

just been told by our bank that the builder is not registered, can anyone advise what we do?

should we request the builder to regiester and if so how long does it take?

Took ours 5 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 jenb550

Smacs89 wrote: »
    Yes this is correct

Thanks for that, he's sorted it out now and we got an email to say we should expect our refund within the next five working days!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 amrt

I have an application code but no access code its for a self build so our solicitor needs the access code. Does anyone know if I'm still okay for the deadline tomorrow once I have the application code. Revenue have been useless I don't think they know what's going on themselves one person told me its fine once u have the application code, another one told me the person that's reviewing it is now gone on holidays and another guy told me restart the application. Does anyone know if you can cancel the application online if i decide to do so or do i just leave it be

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Cober17

Hi, has anybody claimed the HTB with purchasing date 2017 having already paid the 10% of deposit to the builder? In that case, does the builder receive the money and then send the money to you? Or how does it work?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭ec18

Hi, has anybody claimed the HTB with purchasing date 2017 having already paid the 10% of deposit to the builder? In that case, does the builder receive the money and then send the money to you? Or how does it work?

Thanks

We did and all that happens is that the builder will receive part of the remaining funds via HTB refund

jenb550 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, he's sorted it out now and we got an email to say we should expect our refund within the next five working days!

From when he submitted ur codes how long did it take you to get that email?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 amit8feb

Finally got my application code and access code this evening after 2 and half months of struggle. I am applying as retrospective applicant. I am in the claim process, stage 2. Now they are asking me Purchase price, Deposit payable and Amount of deposit paid. As I have closed the deal at this stage,

Purchase price: 375,000
    Mortgage paid by bank: 322,000
    I have paid 53,000

Can someone please tell me what could be: Deposit payable and Amount of deposit paid??

Many thanks for your early reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Presumably you paid 10% deposit at the contract signing stage. That's what goes in that section. 10% payable... 10% paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Iluvjazzmasters

Lads this is how we have availed of the HTB scheme. We originally had 10% deposit savings for the original mortgage from our lender (in January). We then discovered we were eligible for the HTB scheme. We qualified for the full 5% rebate. We then agreed with our builder that we pay 5% upfront deposit on signing of contracts and the other 5% comes from revenue as part of 10% overall deposit. This was inserted into our contract and the builder has signed up and us now a qualifying contractor.

Luckily now our other 5% from our savings can be used for house furnishings. Has anyone else done this?

It's my understanding that this is how the scheme is supposed to work regarding 5% upfront yourself and 5% from revenue? Is this correct?

Lads this is how we have availed of the HTB scheme. We originally had 10% deposit savings for the original mortgage from our lender (in January). We then discovered we were eligible for the HTB scheme. We qualified for the full 5% rebate. We then agreed with our builder that we pay 5% upfront deposit on signing of contracts and the other 5% comes from revenue as part of 10% overall deposit. This was inserted into our contract and the builder has signed up and us now a qualifying contractor.

Luckily now our other 5% from our savings can be used for house furnishings. Has anyone else done this?

It's my understanding that this is how the scheme is supposed to work regarding 5% upfront yourself and 5% from revenue? Is this correct?

Yes this is how it's meant to work so that's great your builder is participating in the scheme correctly.ours is looking for 10% upfront and then for us to try claim back our five percent at the end and this is causing us issues.

• Advertisement

Is anyone else's builders accountant looking after this for them,we finally got the builder on the list but the accountant says because there looking after it for them it's not allowing them to verify the claim they need to apply for something to allow them to do so now on behalf of the builder. No idea what there talking about!

Advertisement