Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017-21 help to buy scheme - megathread. All help to buy discussion here please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 IvanPogi25

jenb550 wrote: »
    I'm looking for a small bit of clarification here if possible. Our claim is submitted. Our contractor just has to verify and we've given him all the relevant codes however he's saying that Revenue sent him out documents at the start of the scheme stating the role contractors would play in the scheme would be fully explained at a later date. He says he has had no updated documents and doesn't know how to proceed.

He is a qualifying contractor, his company is definitely on the list. I've told him he needs to log in to his online Revenue account, click the option to verify a claim and input the codes I have given him. Am I right in saying this? I'm aware that the deadline is this Friday, the 31st so I want to make sure I'm giving him the right instructions.

31st of March deadline i think is if you are claiming for 2012 but if you have sufficient tax in other years then i think you will be alright. From reading the revenue website, they specifically state that if you are claiming for 2012 then you have to file before 31st of March.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭davidsr20

IvanPogi25 wrote: »
    31st of March deadline i think is if you are claiming for 2012 but if you have sufficient tax in other years then i think you will be alright. From reading the revenue website, they specifically state that if you are claiming for 2012 then you have to file before 31st of March.

I take it if ur at the claim stage waiting though it should be ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 IvanPogi25

davidsr20 wrote: »
    I take it if ur at the claim stage waiting though it should be ok?

If you are still at application stage and apply from today then 2012 will no longer be counted for rebates.

If you are still at application stage and apply from today then 2012 will no longer be counted for rebates.

I'm at claim stage just waiting on builder to verify.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SMF17

Lads this is how we have availed of the HTB scheme. We originally had 10% deposit savings for the original mortgage from our lender (in January). We then discovered we were eligible for the HTB scheme. We qualified for the full 5% rebate. We then agreed with our builder that we pay 5% upfront deposit on signing of contracts and the other 5% comes from revenue as part of 10% overall deposit. This was inserted into our contract and the builder has signed up and us now a qualifying contractor.

Luckily now our other 5% from our savings can be used for house furnishings. Has anyone else done this?

It's my understanding that this is how the scheme is supposed to work regarding 5% upfront yourself and 5% from revenue? Is this correct?

This is exactly how we are doing it too. Last Sunday our builder wasn't on the list but is now. I'm delighted to have the 5% savings to put into furnishing and the likes. 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭morrga

2012 was never a year which to use for this rebate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭ec18

morrga wrote: »
    2012 was never a year which to use for this rebate.

It can be used you just need to submit a paper form12 rather than using PAYE anytime

• Registered Users Posts: 9 maire38

Hi there can you help me the 5% rebate is apply to purchase price with VAT or without VAT. We paid 5000 booking deposit for 245000 purchase price(VAT included). Now we want to pay the balance up to 5%, and our solicitor told the 5% rebate it applied to purchase price without VAT. Can you help me with this please.... Thank you...

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭janus83

morning all, this is a great thread, thanks for all of the useful information :)
    Myself and my husband submitted our retrospective claim as a group and the rebate was split in two (half to each) and our joint accoutn given as payment details. Half came in Sunday/Monday but the other half is still not there.  Now we're just at the 5th working day after notification from Revenue so it might still be on the way.  I'm just getting nervous since half has already come in.  Has this happened to anyone else?  I'll try calling them when they open this morning and see if they can advise but my previous phone calls about this scheme have usually involved someone checking their personal notes/FAQ based on previous queries or asking the person next to them as they really don't seem up to speed on the process at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

maire38 wrote: »
    Hi there can you help me the 5% rebate is apply to purchase price with VAT or without VAT. We paid 5000 booking deposit for 245000 purchase price(VAT included). Now we want to pay the balance up to 5%, and our solicitor told the 5% rebate it applied to purchase price without VAT. Can you help me with this please.... Thank you...

Your solicitor is either mistaken or taken you for a ride and is keeping a chunk themselves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 maire38

That I understood as well from Revenue site. I was surprise when our solicitor told this. Than you for your answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭GDK_11

janus83 wrote: »
    morning all, this is a great thread, thanks for all of the useful information :)
    Myself and my husband submitted our retrospective claim as a group and the rebate was split in two (half to each) and our joint accoutn given as payment details. Half came in Sunday/Monday but the other half is still not there.  Now we're just at the 5th working day after notification from Revenue so it might still be on the way.  I'm just getting nervous since half has already come in.  Has this happened to anyone else?  I'll try calling them when they open this morning and see if they can advise but my previous phone calls about this scheme have usually involved someone checking their personal notes/FAQ based on previous queries or asking the person next to them as they really don't seem up to speed on the process at all.

Hi, we had a similar issue.
    It was resolved when my address was updated to reflect our new address. It did not really make sense as my girlfriend never updated hers and received her portion of the refund........... But that worked for us anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 abrushka

Has anyone who paid the full 10% to builder and is a non retrospective purchases managed to the refund paid to developer by revenue yet?
    Our 10% deposit is being held on trust until the developer receives the 5% at which point they will refund it to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 colin986

Hi All,

Does anybody know if all members of a HTB group need to select identical years. So, if one person selects all 4 - can the other select 2?

Thanks,
    C

yes you can

• Registered Users Posts: 8 colin986

ec18 wrote: »
    yes you can

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 34 judy80

abrushka wrote: »
    Has anyone who paid the full 10% to builder and is a non retrospective purchases managed to the refund paid to developer by revenue yet?
    Our 10% deposit is being held on trust until the developer receives the 5% at which point they will refund it to us.

Did the developer tell you that they will refund it to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 abrushka

judy80 wrote: »
    abrushka wrote: »

Did the developer tell you that they will refund it to you?
    Yes, our 10% is on trust and will only be transferred to them once they pay us back the 5%, convoluted I know.
    I just tried to process my claim there but it is asking me to split the refund between myself and my partner. I've tried 50/50 but it is not allowing me to proceed saying I've exceeded my girfriends maximum relief.. Anyone have any ideas what to do at this part?

change the figures around i split it 60/40 as i had an extra tax year

Our builder just deducted it from the amount due on closing rather than having to return it

Finally got our claim verified and money on the way message. 3 months we're at this and has been hard work glad it's over. Best of luck to everyone applying.

• Advertisement

Is it 2 different banks?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Jellybaby17

change the figures around i split it 60/40 as i had an extra tax year

Our builder just deducted it from the amount due on closing rather than having to return it

If you got it taken off on closing what figures did you put into the revenue website for the claim part? Did you say you paid ten percent deposit and if so what number did you put in for deposit payable section? I'm very confused over this part? Are you retrospective buyer?

If you got it taken off on closing what figures did you put into the revenue website for the claim part? Did you say you paid ten percent deposit and if so what number did you put in for deposit payable section? I'm very confused over this part? Are you retrospective buyer?

Nope, put in full deposit paid. I rang revenue and they said the only parts that they look at are the mortgage and purchase price

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Jellybaby17

Nope, put in full deposit paid. I rang revenue and they said the only parts that they look at are the mortgage and purchase price

So you put full 10% deposit paid and when it asked how much payable you put 0 %? And a ltv of 90%
    I'm just afraid if I put in 10% and 90% ltv they will wonder about the extra 5% that's coming back to me
    But it's fine to put full deposit 10% and an ltv of 90% and still get rebate?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Leah32

Hi All,

Anyone applying for the HTB experience the below:

We paid €5000 deposit last year to hold the house and paid another €25,000 after signing our contract last week.
    The builder is on the registered list with revenue so we are now waiting for the builder to sign the contract and return to us so we can apply for the HTB.

We need to pay €38,000 in total to the builder, we have now paid €30,000.
    This means we owe the builder 8,000 upon completion but if we are eligible for a rebate of more than €8,000 will the revenue give €8,000 to the builder and remainder to us?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Apologies if this was asked 100 time before.. a FTB looking a new builds for lets say 300k, with the HTB scheme do they only need 5% deposit, i.e 15k and revenue in the form of DIRT rebate will provide the other 5%?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Your solicitor is either mistaken or taken you for a ride and is keeping a chunk themselves

100%

Tell the solicitor you have asked the Law Society for clarification. What a clown, sorry, but seriously - what a clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 judy80

Leah32 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Anyone applying for the HTB experience the below:

We paid €5000 deposit last year to hold the house and paid another €25,000 after signing our contract last week.
    The builder is on the registered list with revenue so we are now waiting for the builder to sign the contract and return to us so we can apply for the HTB.

We need to pay €38,000 in total to the builder, we have now paid €30,000.
    This means we owe the builder 8,000 upon completion but if we are eligible for a rebate of more than €8,000 will the revenue give €8,000 to the builder and remainder to us?

Thanks in advance

Builder will get all the money and it is up to them if they send you the money or take off the purchase price. You have to ask the builder.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭janus83

davidsr20 wrote: »
    Is it 2 different banks?

hi, no we both gave the joint account number but only one payment came in

• Advertisement

hi, no we both gave the joint account number but only one payment came in

That's probably why so. U prob should have given 2 different account numbers if u have them.

Advertisement