Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017-21 help to buy scheme - megathread. All help to buy discussion here please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AshlingV123

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone got a lot less on The help to buy scheme than they were hoping and if so were revenue able to do anything for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone got a lot less on The help to buy scheme than they were hoping and if so were revenue able to do anything for you?

It's based on the tax you've paid over the last 4 years and obviously on the price of the house bought. It should've given you a maximum value when you applied online, did you pay enough tax between you to get the full amount? Your p60's should say the amount of tax paid, so we were able to work out that we had paid more than enough to get the full amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭ec18

So you put full 10% deposit paid and when it asked how much payable you put 0 %? And a ltv of 90%
    I'm just afraid if I put in 10% and 90% ltv they will wonder about the extra 5% that's coming back to me
    But it's fine to put full deposit 10% and an ltv of 90% and still get rebate?

yup I put down the same number in the deposit paid and payable and the rebate was verified yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Jellybaby17

ec18 wrote: »
    yup I put down the same number in the deposit paid and payable and the rebate was verified yesterday

Sorry still confused 😫
    You put 10% deposit paid and put 10% payable?
    Or you put 5% deposit paid and 5 % deposit payable?
    Sorry if I am being a bit dim here

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Our money just came in thank god that's over,good luck everyone it was prob the most stressful thing i ever applied for!

• Advertisement

Sorry still confused 😫
    You put 10% deposit paid and put 10% payable?
    Or you put 5% deposit paid and 5 % deposit payable?
    Sorry if I am being a bit dim here

10 and 10

10 and 10

Thank you ðŸ‘

10 and 10
    Thank you ðŸ‘

And apologies for annoying you but did you also have a 90% ltv?
    Thank you so much
    This is very stressful

And apologies for annoying you but did you also have a 90% ltv?
    Thank you so much
    This is very stressful

no we had 70% LTV

no we had 70% LTV

Thanks for your help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

I am a few months away from being eligible to draw down on a mortgage. Should I wait until closer the time before submitting an application for the HTB scheme on Revenue or is it OK to do this now and have it there ready to go?

I would like to know if I am approved the full 5% rebate ASAP so I know where I stand.

Do Revenue actually tell you this when the application is complete or how do you find this out?

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭tobdom

I am a few months away from being eligible to draw down on a mortgage. Should I wait until closer the time before submitting an application for the HTB scheme on Revenue or is it OK to do this now and have it there ready to go?

I would like to know if I am approved the full 5% rebate ASAP so I know where I stand.

Do Revenue actually tell you this when the application is complete or how do you find this out?

Feel free to apply now, there's no expiry per se that I am aware of by which you have to claim after your application is processed. You will then know if you qualify for maximum relief or what the situation is - although based on tax paid in your review years (any/all of 2013, 14, 15, 16) you should have a fair idea if you're likely to qualify for the max amount (5% of the purchase price, up to max of €20000).

Our application has been approved for some weeks now but it will likely be another few months before we'd be proceeding with a claim.

You track your application through 'MyAccount' online and you will see it progressing through the stages, so you will see there when it has been completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Eventually got my retrospective lump back. Dolla bills y'all.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭davidsr20

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Eventually got my retrospective lump back. Dolla bills y'all.

Feels good to finally get there 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭sibersha

9 weeks since contractor registered and still no sign of them appearing on the list!

Contacted their office and they said it's in the Revenue's hands at the minute. Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Hi folks,

Joint application and we are ready to upload contracts.

Do we both need to upload them or is just one of us sufficient?

Will the contracts and proof of mortgage suffice or do we need to upload additional info?

Thanks a mill

Hi
    Does anyone happen to have a screen shot of the claim page where all the questions about deposit and mortgage etc are asked?
    I can only see the claim button on my revenue but can't go any further until I upload contracts which I haven't signed yet
    Just want to have a look at them to show my solicitors what's required.
    I'd really appreciate it if anyone could send me a shot of f it please
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭metricspaces

Has anyone who has had their claim processed submitted the contract with just their signature on it i.e. not with the builders signature?

The reason I'm asking is that I have just signed my contract and I want to get this HTB moving as quickly as possible.

If I can submit the contract with just my signature then I can submit it right now. But if I have to wait for builder to sign it then I will have to wait another while and the whole process will take longer.

Has anyone who has had their claim processed submitted the contract with just their signature on it i.e. not with the builders signature?

The reason I'm asking is that I have just signed my contract and I want to get this HTB moving as quickly as possible.

If I can submit the contract with just my signature then I can submit it right now. But if I have to wait for builder to sign it then I will have to wait another while and the whole process will take longer.

not being smart but it's not a valid contract until both sides sign it. The HTB if you are not a retrospective buyer, it suits the builder more to be efficient.

You can try it, worse case is that you just cancel the claim if anything goes wrong.

Hi folks,

Joint application and we are ready to upload contracts.

Do we both need to upload them or is just one of us sufficient?

Will the contracts and proof of mortgage suffice or do we need to upload additional info?

Thanks a mill

One of you should set up the scheme application and add the other party.
    The initial applicant should then upload the contracts via the My Enquiries section when requested to do so- there would be no need for the other party to upload the same contracts.

As a retrospective buyer I uploaded the contracts, the mortgage release letter and our loan offer (as it had the LTV ratio on it).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭metricspaces

not being smart but it's not a valid contract until both sides sign it. The HTB if you are not a retrospective buyer, it suits the builder more to be efficient.

You can try it, worse case is that you just cancel the claim if anything goes wrong.

You are right. However, I thought I read somewhere on this (very long!) thread that someone uploaded documents with just their signature on the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Emja

Hi All

First post. I am a retrospective FTB and revenue have approved my application. I gave the codes to the builder. He said his accountant has put it through but I never received an email. He then told me there seems to be a problem and his accountant has been on to Revenue to try and sort it out but they don't know why it's not showing up. He's been on to both Athlone and Dublin and doesn't seem to be getting anywhere. This is now in its 3rd week. The builder also said that according to Revenue the funds will go to him but as a retrospective FTB it should go directly to mine. When I rang revenue for help they told me it was nothing to do with them and they had done their part in approving it!

Anyone else have this problem and how did it get sorted? Thanks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Me and the other half are in the predicament of having been forced to act quickly to secure house and now closure date is fast approaching and no sign of contractor appearing on list yet (the list not been updated for over a week which is very annoying).

Would really make our lives a lot easier if we could claim the rebate directly ourselves after closure as retrospective applicants (I know this is not possible), as not really comfortable with closing without an agreement in place and very difficult to get builder or solicitors to make a firm commitment prior to draw down.

This thread has been a big help to us, particularly as Revenue been a complete disaster to deal with from start to finish in terms of being able to talk to someone who has a clue how the process works.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Finally have all our tax sorted so we can now apply. Application is approved so we are at the claim stage.

We have not 100% decided on which loan offer we are accepting as we have several and have not committed 100% to any. Does it matter which offer we enter for help to buy at this stage? Can we apply with say AIB and then draw down a mortgage from BOI instead?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bigpete32

change the figures around i split it 60/40 as i had an extra tax year

Our builder just deducted it from the amount due on closing rather than having to return it

Did your solicitor pay you the 5% then?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 phd

You are right. However, I thought I read somewhere on this (very long!) thread that someone uploaded documents with just their signature on the contract.[/quote]

That was me. No issue at all. Payment was made a couple of days after the contractor confirmed the application on revenue. Maybe it was an oversight on their part but who cares. It saved us loads of time and we moved in a month ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Arse Biscuits

Did anyone else need to get a written confirmation letter from Revenue to give to their mortgage supplier stating that you've received approval for the 5% tax rebate?

sibersha wrote: »
    9 weeks since contractor registered and still no sign of them appearing on the list!

Contacted their office and they said it's in the Revenue's hands at the minute. Very frustrating.

Contractor finally appeared on the list, 10 weeks after registering.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 IvanPogi25

Did anyone else need to get a written confirmation letter from Revenue to give to their mortgage supplier stating that you've received approval for the 5% tax rebate?
    Once you are approved for HTB, Revenue will send you a confirmation through "My Enquiries" in the revenue website with the amount approved, application number and access code. This is what you will give to your mortgage provider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 IvanPogi25

Hi
    Does anyone happen to have a screen shot of the claim page where all the questions about deposit and mortgage etc are asked?
    I can only see the claim button on my revenue but can't go any further until I upload contracts which I haven't signed yet
    Just want to have a look at them to show my solicitors what's required.
    I'd really appreciate it if anyone could send me a shot of f it please
    Thank you
    The information required as far as I remember are as follows:
    - Property value
    - Deposit required
    - Deposit paid to date
    - Mortgage provider
    - Mortgage approved - value
    - Mortgage reference number
    - Allocation of HTB rebate - if the property value is over €400k then the allocation should be the value as per the HTB approval letter. If the property value is below €400k, then 5% of the property value can be allocated however you like for as long as you will not exceed the value approved per applicant.

The process is so quick. Once you provide the correct information it will be automatically approved. Revenue will send you the claim reference number through MyEnquiries. This number and the access code given upon approval at application stage are what you will give to your contractor for verification. Once verified, the rebate will be paid to your contractor (assuming you signed the contract on or after 1 January 2017) within 5 working days.

Advertisement