Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017-21 help to buy scheme - megathread. All help to buy discussion here please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Alter_Ego

Eireann81 wrote: »
    From revenue.ie:
    if you are a PAYE taxpayer, you will need to complete Forms 12 (if you have not already done so) for the tax years you select for refund.

Slightly longer version here:

" The HTB incentive involves a refund of income tax and DIRT paid over the previous four tax years. However, it will be open to HTB claimants to select all or any of the previous four tax years for the purposes of calculating the HTB refund.

PAYE taxpayers need to submit a Form 12 (where they have not already done so) for each of the tax years they select"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Anyone tried to apply yet?

I don't see an option for it on the Revenue My Account main screen with the tiles? Do you guys see an option there for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

cronos wrote: »
    Anyone tried to apply yet?

I don't see an option for it on the Revenue My Account main screen with the tiles? Do you guys see an option there for it?

The option is the Form12 paye tax return, you'll need to complete this fully for the previous 4 years. Not sure 2016 is up there yet as today is first day really that you can make a return for 2016

The option is the Form12 paye tax return, you'll need to complete this fully for the previous 4 years. Not sure 2016 is up there yet as today is first day really that you can make a return for 2016

When does it show up? It shows up when you're filling out the 4th year? Or it shows up only after you have filled out the fourth year on the main page with the titles?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Well that doesn't make sense, as if you were applying for a house bought in 2016, you would be claiming the tax back for 2012 - 2015 and presumably most would have that already sorted for the years they are interested in.

Also no update on the Revenue site with regards their instructions on how to apply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 crogerso

As far as I can see Revenue don't re-open until 9.30am so probably have to wait till then I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

Gave Revenue a call. They said the application form will go live on myaccount some time this afternoon.

Pedro32561 wrote: »
    Gave Revenue a call. They said the application form will go live on myaccount some time this afternoon.

This was evidently misinformation. The form is available now!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Bit harsh calling it misinformation. Just good efficiency to have it out earlier.

"Did you buy a home or draw down the 1st tranche of a qualifying loan between 19th July and 31st December 2016?"

For the above, if you signed a contract for a purchase in early august, but the build hasn't completed and you haven't closed on the purchase. Does this count as between July and December?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭PedroDublin

Hey Pedro, where do you see the form on myaccount? I just checked now and still cannot see anything related to this

"Did you buy a home or draw down the 1st tranche of a qualifying loan between 19th July and 31st December 2016?"

For the above, if you signed a contract for a purchase in early august, but the build hasn't completed and you haven't closed on the purchase. Does this count as between July and December?

Yes, it seems that the signed contract is the trigger of the purchase, the drawdown is only for self builts I think

Hey Pedro, where do you see the form on myaccount? I just checked now and still cannot see anything related to this

Once you log in it's down at the bottom left in green, called Help To Buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

In work atm so dont have all details at hand to fully complete theprocess. So just wondering has anyone gone and done the whole application process? What documents need to be uploaded?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

Site seems to be overloaded at the minute. I tried to start an application, didnt get passed the 1st section as it says I need to update my details.

Site seems to be overloaded at the minute. I tried to start an application, didnt get passed the 1st section as it says I need to update my details.

Looks like their is too much traffic. Looks like alot fo the Form12s for 2012 did not get processed yet, so if you do get through and have enough in your other years, might be wise to leave it out if you are in a rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I've submitted mine.

My partner need's to accept invite to our group. She can't seem to find how to do that, has anyone else found it yet?

Our 2012 Form 12s were not processed either.

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    I've submitted mine.

My partner need's to accept invite to our group. She can't seem to find how to do that, has anyone else found it yet?

Our 2012 Form 12s were not processed either.

She has to log in to myaccount and click on the apply button for the help to buy section. She will then be notified that she has been asked to join a group and given a yes/no option and that is that. Then goes to review and your sit around and wait for however long this takes. Presumably they will get back to you with a request for further information (if necessary) eventually and then process it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Rossie11

I signed contracts on June 29th 2016 and paid 10% deposit from savings in early July. The house wont be ready until August 2017.
    Based on the July 19th cut off does this mean I cannot apply for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Rossie11 wrote: »
    I signed contracts on June 29th 2016 and paid 10% deposit from savings in early July. The house wont be ready until August 2017.
    Based on the July 19th cut off does this mean I cannot apply for this?

Yes, you signed contracts before the scheme start date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

Folks, I cant access the site at moment. Does anyone know if the incentive applies to first buyers without a mortgage? Thanks,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Folks, I cant access the site at moment. Does anyone know if the incentive applies to first buyers without a mortgage? Thanks,

No it doesn't.

Trickier one, we signed contracts on the 17th of July, and the builder signed on the 27th of July. Do you think I have any chance? I'llegar submitt the application anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Rossie11

At time of signing contracts June 29th the plan was that myself and my partner were buying the house jointly so her name was also on the contract. Now I am going alone so does this mean that a new contract will need to be drawn up and signed or does the original contact plus the June date still apply?

Rossie11 wrote: »
    At time of signing contracts June 29th the plan was that myself and my partner were buying the house jointly so her name was also on the contract. Now I am going alone so does this mean that a new contract will need to be drawn up and signed or does the original contact plus the June date still apply?

I'd ask your solicitor.

So you need to pass the access code and application code to the Mortgage Provider (aka Bank) and the Builder (via your solicitor)?

CramCycle wrote: »
    She has to log in to myaccount and click on the apply button for the help to buy section. She will then be notified that she has been asked to join a group and given a yes/no option and that is that. Then goes to review and your sit around and wait for however long this takes. Presumably they will get back to you with a request for further information (if necessary) eventually and then process it.

My group application was processed instantly once the other person confirmed membership of the group. We had both done our Form 12s last year. So it seems that once all of your tax info is up to date you get an instant decision on the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

My group application was processed instantly once the other person confirmed membership of the group. We had both done our Form 12s last year. So it seems that once all of your tax info is up to date you get an instant decision on the application.

I submitted earlier and we had allour P21 forms up to date, but now it says "currently under review".

I'm not sure it's a final decision. They haven't even asked for any of the documents or information like the actual contracts?

I did get the info telling me how much my maximum I could get was. Think that's all they are telling you at this stage. Rest will come after they get info from the builder and the morgage provider.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure it's a final decision. They haven't even asked for any of the documents or information like the actual contracts?

I did get the info telling me how much my maximum I could get was. Think that's all they are telling you at this stage. Rest will come after they get info from the builder and the morgage provider.

There are two stages to the process:
    1. Application - which tells you the amount you are eligible for. You can give this information to your mortgage provider when applying, so they know you are eligible for the grant.
    2. Claim - when you have signed contracts. This is when you upload the detailed information and the grant is processed and paid to the builder.

Advertisement