Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seamus Power - PGA Tour Winner 2021/22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭patob

Yep, he has pulled last couple of tee shots, his swing looked a bit quick. The back 9 in Monterrey has some handy par 5s so Seamus not taking advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,178 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Is today's round fierce slow? Like, slower than last few days?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭patob

Great putt to save par on 18, hope he settles into it now and gets a birdie or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭mitchelsontour

Was listening to pga tour radio and they were on about how the course is one that Seamus said that he has had difficulty with previously

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Hes gonna be back with the pack by the end of this round I reckon.

Glass half full, hopefully this is the bad round out of the way and he can go out tomorrow on PB and shoot the winning score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭boardise

Seamus struggling big time ...two bogeys in three holes and not exploiting the par 5s. Two shots worse than the rookie John Murphy !

Needs to regroup before this slides away from him.

Could be 3 in a row now. In some thick rough. Night and day from yesterday, he was piping driver on nearly every hole. He's hitting 3wood/rescue all day today and is pulling most of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It's really starting to fall apart for him right now.

Scratch that, he was in a bunker and has hit a decent shot into the green so should be a minimum par

Seamus lipped out for birdie on his 11th hole and then birdied 12 after just being joined for the lead by Beau Hossler.

Hopefully he can kick on now and open open a gap again.

• Advertisement

Another birdie for Seamus, back to level par on the day and a one **** lead over Hossler whose finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Scrabbel

Back to Seamus now after Leona wrapping it up. Brilliant! Hopefully he can get another couple of birdies and look forward to getting back to Pebble Beach with a 3 shot lead. Can still be an epic weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,609 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Hopefully Seamus can get the win tomorrow, but if not hopefully he can do the next best thing and wrap a 3 wood around Bill Murray's head.

Bill Murray is a legend. Always entertains at Pebble Beach. He's playing that Pro-Am for years and the fans love him. He's going around talking to lots of fans.

If you have a problem with Bill Murray then it's you that is the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Seamie well entitled to have an off day. Still well in the hunt

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Dreadful stuff today unfortunately. Hopefully a strong finish tomorrow but could slip back into the pack as easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

He’s not out of this yet. The pressure will be off him tomorrow and he can get motoring again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭Xander10

I've OD on sports today, tuned out before the end, how many shots is he behind the leader?

We'll look at your post again and explain how anybody is supposed to make it out to be a joke.

And I don't need to dry my eyes, I just posted straight up truths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭abff

One behind at present with two holes to play. But putter has gone very cold. Hopefully, he won’t drop any more shots in the last two holes.

Well I don't genuinely want to see Seamus murder somebody on live TV if that's what you thought. I'm just tired of seeing Bill Murray shots rather than the pros' ones!

Anyway, I think Seamus being behind going into tomorrow might be a good thing as he can freewheel and the pressure will be off

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭abff

And another 3 putt to finish! Now two shots off the lead and outside the top 5.

Jaysis. Would take top 10 from here. Not at the races today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭big_drive

Only player in top 20 over par, pity. But still well in running

By the way on Bill Murray, I think he's a complete gobsh*the!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,583 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Tried watching some of this earlier but its literally unwatchable.

Ads, a panoramic shot, an aerial shot, show a couple of shots, another Ad break and then repeat on an infinite loop.

Why cant they show some bloody golf, whats the issue, are there only a couple of cameras on the course, its extremely frustrating.

I think the pressure got to him a bit, it was a big lead and he's never been in that position, I still think he could do well tomorrow when coming from behind.

Love Bill Murray as an actor but no interest in seeing him on a golf course

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

This has been driving me nuts, why is there so many adds for the AT&T? Is this normally the case?

Seamus has a lot of work on with his coach before he tees off tomorrow. His driving went and then he lost pretty much his entire game at different times. His irons went off then his putting went.

Lot of work but at least he'll be going in there hungry to shoot a score after what happened today. It's pretty loaded now with so many so close to the lead and having both Cantlay and Spieth right there makes it difficult to see him winning.

I just hope he doesn't fall away, often seen that happen to players who lose a big lead on day three.

• Advertisement

Advertisement