Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seamus Power - PGA Tour Winner 2021/22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Motivator

It really is as simple as that. He knew he was good enough but has said plenty of times he just wasn’t getting the breaks. He was playing with an elbow that essentially had nerve damage as well which was affecting his grip and swing. He couldn’t take time off injured because he couldn’t afford to. He was fighting for every dollar and fedex point possible so couldn’t afford to take time away until he was left with no choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Great bogey free round, didn't see him on the TV but was only dipping in and out of it. A win obviously would be brilliant and with that start he has given himself every chance but even another top ten finish would solidify his world and fedex rankings. Such a treat to be able to think about watching him at the weekend with him being in the frame rather than where we were this time last year worrying whether he'd make the cut (when he was actually in the competition to start out with). Certainly makes Sunday nights much more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

Didn't watch it all yesterday but didn't see any shots from spyglass. Should be featured over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Its not simply a matter of signing up.

He needs to earn a card to play on the European Tour. He can currently play a number of ET events on invites, such as the Orish open.

However, if he maintains his status in the world's top 50 he should skate in as he would be playing in all the majors and wgc events. One big finish alone in any of those would do enough to get him a European Tour card. He then simply needs to commit to playing a few ET events outside of the majors & wgc events to satisfy tour requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Wall to wall coverage of his group for the last hour on Sky Sports

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Lips out for a bird, 3 putts for a bogey followed up with 2 birds. Leading on his own now at -10

• Registered Users Posts: 37,527 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

He's top 50 in the world, he can play in any tournament in Europe.

Out to -12 now. He's playing absolutely superbly. Has the driver long and on a string and the putter is as hot as you could wish for.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭loadwire

And another bird -13

• Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Seamus in control here

• Advertisement

He's on fire, he could be -16 by the end if the round the way he is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Another birdie phenomenal stuff

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

4 ahead, another chance for birdie on 13 to make it 5 in a row.

Edit: lip out, par it is

Birdie on the par 5 to get to -15

• Registered Users Posts: 2,864 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Unreal display... I normally like a competitive final round but for this week I hope Seamus romps it home

Yeah I love it being close but I'd enjoy Seamus running away with it more.

Regardless of whether he wins this or not, he'll have raised the roof on his profile over there. Featured group and puts on this display. Phenomenal stuff.

Extends the lead to 6

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Sadly only got to put it on half an hour ago, at least I'm getting to enjoy it now!

Conditions not quite like the 2000 US Open but a double digit win would be pretty special all the same! 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 7,543 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Some performance so far. Love it. Hope he wins by 10

• Advertisement

Did well to limit the damage there. Hope he finishes with a birdie.

10 birdies, some round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭hawkwing

66-1 now for the Masters, got 100-1 last weekend. EW 6 places is better than throwing money away on the lotto

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭boardise

He's got an all round game but his short game in particular is sublime.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Another brilliant round, at least we got to see this one. His overall game seems really strong but his short game in particular was absolutely brilliant tonight. Here's hoping he can keep it going over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

Simply stunning round by seamus. Great to see and if I was honest I would say I expected him to burn himself out. Still delighted he's proving me wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭coillcam

When's he moving back to work in the pro shop in Waterford?

What performance. It'll be Lowry squeezing into top 50 for the Masters. Power is on a different trajectory.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭patob

Wow, fantastic stuff from Seamus, could see that Dermot Desmond was delighted for him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,543 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Power is only going one way, his improvement in the last year has been astounding

Lowry will be grand for another while after Portrush

• Advertisement

Lowry is already in, high finish in one of the majors, I think pga.

Advertisement