Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Gervais08 wrote: »

She has fans ???

Not gonna lie, that's shocked me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,620 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

She won Love Island a couple of years back, didnt watch myself but read that she won because the public liked that she is nice but dim which I suppose is what the ad is playing up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Four Words - Son Of A Tailor

• Registered Users Posts: 9,016 ✭✭✭pgj2015

The advert where the woman is out jogging and sees a house she wants to buy, then sends a picture of it to her partner/husband.
    The bit I hate is where the bank employee has a big smile on his face when they buy it, like he is about to cry as he is so happy for then couple. its so fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Suckit wrote: »
    The GoMo advert..
    It looks like it was put together by a team on the apprentice. I keep picturing them shouting instructions to the people being filmed.
    What is with the guy pretending to fall, the girl shaking her hair etc..?

Stupid advert.

Saw this ad on the telly just now. It is obviously not aimed at me, I'm 99% sure the word "fam" has been squeezed in there as an afterthought. FAM, wot, are we all geezahs now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Gervais08 wrote: »
    I have an irrational (or maybe not) to hunt that gob****e for sport.

Hate him!!!!!!!

They have a new Halloween one I've just spotted, what a wanker a lispy prick

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

New kerrygold ad on the skateboard. First time to see it and hopefully the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Suckit wrote: »
    The GoMo advert..
    It looks like it was put together by a team on the apprentice. I keep picturing them shouting instructions to the people being filmed.
    What is with the guy pretending to fall, the girl shaking her hair etc..?

Stupid advert.

Lets have loud colours and bright young things leppin' around the place doing mad sh1te to be down with the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Where the man is rock-climbing and he says 'when you reach your limit, and then push that little bit further...'
    That was not your limit you dolt: the extra push took you to your limit :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Ah FFS, just to tip lockdown viewing over the edge the green slimey monster didn't get the kid and the auld lad after all and they're back every second ad break. Useless fecker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,140 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Wtf is the ad with the two women sitting on a bench winking at each other about?
    I think it's something to do with phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Wtf is the ad with the two women sitting on a bench winking at each other about?
    I think it's something to do with phones.

Tesco mobile, it almost stereotypes lesbians one good-looking the other butch, that's what I took from it apparently your not supposed to say it though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Saw this ad on the telly just now. It is obviously not aimed at me, I'm 99% sure the word "fam" has been squeezed in there as an afterthought. FAM, wot, are we all geezahs now?

When scumbag slang goes mainstream. Like when you see muppet celebs using gang signs when they havent the faintest idea what they're about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Tesco mobile, it almost stereotypes lesbians one good-looking the other butch, that's what I took from it apparently your not supposed to say it though

I thought they were special needs, the "butch" one goes on like a female Mr Bean. Its a horrible ad regardless of its meaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

ollaetta wrote: »
    Ah FFS, just to tip lockdown viewing over the edge the green slimey monster didn't get the kid and the auld lad after all and they're back every second ad break. Useless fecker.

But on a positive note, Wild Buzz O'Shaughnessy has made a welcome return to our lockdown screens. "I'm here to wire your new hoooob ma'am"!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,912 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Sam Hain wrote: »
    But on a positive note, Wild Buzz O'Shaughnessy has made a welcome return to our lockdown screens. "I'm here to wire your new hoooob ma'am"!!

Is that what he says? I like his square Micra, great car!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I'd love the ould lad to say "yes, the
    monster is is there, he's one ugly fkr" then disappear off the screen making choking sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Is that what he says? I like his square Micra, great car!!

Someone else liked his Micra too. It was nicked in a matter of seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

The Volvo ad where the 2 fools go reversing their car blindly out onto the road. Then look at each other shocked when they almost cause an accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭kravmaga

The Tesco mobile advert, 2 women on a bench making strange faces and eyes at each other, no verbal communication between them.

You know when you know, then you have another woman across the sea from the mainland looking through binoculars observing the 2 women on the bench on an island.

Maybe its just Im getting old, cant make it out at all, not funny at all, just stupid.

Is there something sinister as myself and my partner think it might be some kind of Lesbian 3 some on the agenda , lol

Who gets paid to make up this sh1t....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The Volvo ad where the 2 fools go reversing their car blindly out onto the road. Then look at each other shocked when they almost cause an accident.

Just saw that now.
    An acknowledgement that we share the roads with these kinds of eegits.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

The one that annoys me is the car salemans ad from Dublin, shouting the ad. Its so loud, wonder is he drunk !

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Americanisms

madmaggie wrote: »
    I'd love the ould lad to say "yes, the
    monster is is there, he's one ugly fkr" then disappear off the screen making choking sounds.

Bart, I don't wanna alarm you, but there may be a boogeyman or men in the house!

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

I hate the RSA ad with the cyclists making a case for more space.
    What gets me is the gob****e giving the thumbs up to the truck driver while obviously in his blind spot. Are the RSA saying this is a smart place to be if you’re on a bike? You won’t be seen by the driver anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Sam Hain wrote: »
    I thought they were special needs, the "butch" one goes on like a female Mr Bean. Its a horrible ad regardless of its meaning.

And then being spied on by a Peeping Tom with a long-angled lens??
    What the hell has any of it got to do with a mobile phone provider??
    One of the more bizarre ads on telly...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

pgj2015 wrote: »
    The advert where the woman is out jogging and sees a house she wants to buy, then sends a picture of it to her partner/husband.
    The bit I hate is where the bank employee has a big smile on his face when they buy it, like he is about to cry as he is so happy for then couple. its so fake.

When I saw that sequel ad first I thought she was going out with the banker fella,there was so much flirting going on between them,then he arrives at the house and she’s all over some other bloke ,and there’s the jilted fella smiling coyly at the pair of them....couldn’t get my head around it:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Whestsidestory

The ad with some gobshi** in a pink hat

• Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

kravmaga wrote: »
    The Tesco mobile advert, 2 women on a bench making strange faces and eyes at each other, no verbal communication between them.

You know when you know, then you have another woman across a river or the sea looking through binoculars observing the 2 women on the bench.

Maybe its just im getting old, cant make it out at all, not funny , just stupid.

Is there something sinister as myself and my partner think it might be some kind of Lesbian 3 some on the agenda , lol

I think some of these folks think the adverts are 'clever' or abstract. I remember Guinness made some 'what the hell was that?' adverts in the past.
    I know a teacher told us, the class, one time that some of these adverts are deliberately designed to annoy you.

The reason being, the one's that annoy the s**t out of you stay in your brain. It's like when you have One of those days where everything goes to crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

The AIB ad where the man says “let’s take the risk, let’s really go for it now” It’s like listening to Fr Stone and his exceptionally droll voice from an episode of Fr Ted.

What annoys me about that ad is that they treat "taking that risk" as a wonderful heroic moment, not something that might financially cripple you for the rest of your life, not as if it's a risk for the bank, who'll reposess everything up to your soul if they can.

Banks are also notoriously risk-averse, so the ad rings a bit hollow.

• Advertisement

Where are ye all getting "lesbians" off that brutal Tesco Mobile ad? There seems to be a huge cohert of posters in this thread whose heterosexuality is being threatened by TV advertising.

Advertisement