Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Thank God they seem to have stopped showing the ad with Barry Humphries illegitimate son dancing around the place like a mad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

It's annoyed me from day one because of fordy ayde (48).

Similarly on the radio there's ads about job oppordunidies that make me want to break something.

This one was annoying me until I heard the voice of the GOMO ad

The ad for tax accountants on newstalk. A guy trying to find his accountant...while he's in a crevasse up a mountain....then gets a phone call from a random friend (unrelated to the accountant)

Someone was paid to come up with that

Dickie10 wrote: »
    oh god that radio ad for pensions on Newstalk (of course it would be, boring gits). the father playing table tennis with his dependent (daughter), a prism of modern day ireland

the way he says "yes oi will"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Why does that car ad mention carer's allowance? It sounds very odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,291 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

danmci wrote: »
    This one was annoying me until I heard the voice of the GOMO ad

For just 12.99 a MUNT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭patnor1011

I miss the whoooosh :D
    (actually I do not)

The new chef ad with Paul McGrath...nothing against the fellas but that ad is like something shown at half time in the 1988 all Ireland final

poor paul was not blessed with acting skills

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    For just 12.99 a MUNT.

And the way she says "for LIIIIIIFE". And "day-ta"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

You can almost hear the prompting at the end : ' aaaand smile NOW'

• Advertisement

The Eir ad with the woman who is moving like she is undergoing demonic possession . I'm expecting her to look at the camera and projectile vomit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

Sardonicat wrote: »
    The Eir ad with the woman who is moving like she is undergoing demonic possession . I'm expecting her to look at the camera and projectile vomit.

Yep that ad makes me want to vomit, but then glitchy, stuck in motion about sums up the “high speed” offering of eir in our area. You’d get more fibre in your bran flakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭trashcan

Yeah, but short of actually murdering someone, I can't think of much that Paul McGrath could do that doesn't deserve a pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,616 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

That ad for D4 Weight Loss clinic where the owner boasts that he lost 4 stone using their program except he looks like he put 3 stones of it back on

Virgin Media seem desperate to sell advertising at the moment, they've obviously reduced their rates which means more ads where the company owner is too tight to hire an actor and shoots it themselves as a way of saving money and massaging their own ego by being on de tele. Its the same with the used car ad, its got really cheap production and some scobe shouting at you to buy a used car saying that they accept the Carers Allowance, bizarre stuff

The one where Brian McFadden is driving round a multi-storey car park and singing and dancing like a tool to awful house music.
    He looks like a crazy man, no wonder the lady looks hesitant when he beckons her to cross in front of him. I would be thinking, is this nutter going to drive over me when I get in front of him?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,851 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Virgin Media seem desperate to sell advertising at the moment, they've obviously reduced their rates which means more ads where the company owner is too tight to hire an actor and shoots it themselves as a way of saving money and massaging their own ego by being on de tele. Its the same with the used car ad, its got really cheap production and some scobe shouting at you to buy a used car saying that they accept the Carers Allowance, bizarre stuff

Reminds me of this classic:

'It's June, Dad' I wish he would reply 'No it isn't you daft bint, it's October'.
    And they had to change the 'I've seen the ads with Parky' bit to 'I've seen the ads on TV'

Also has the old git has been spying in June's bedroom window with his binoculars? When she asks 'are you off hiking?' he gets very sheepish looking, puts them away and doesn't answer her. Pervalert!

Confused.com where the two people try to get by and block each other off about a dozen or more times. So stupid that never happens more than 3 or 4 times in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

The new supervalue, really feels like its invading your personal space and in your face. Hate those type of camera phone videos.

Christ I just seen the Message in a Bottle one.

• Advertisement

Christ I just seen the Message in a Bottle one.

Infuriating isn't it?

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Infuriating isn't it?

Near worse than Volvo destroying Light My Fire.

Near worse than Volvo destroying Light My Fire.

I'm a Police fan since I was 8 and it sends me into a rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Those National Lottery adds are awful. Just not remotely funny. The most recent one of the lad getting the hole in one is just dreadful ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

siblers wrote: »
    Those National Lottery adds are awful. Just not remotely funny. The most recent one of the lad getting the hole in one is just dreadful ****e

I don't get that ad at all. Even my 11 year old pointed out that the ad is basically saying it's near impossible to win based on the craziness of the ad itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

The AIB ad where the man says “let’s take the risk, let’s really go for it now” It’s like listening to Fr Stone and his exceptionally droll voice from an episode of Fr Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭trashcan

The more I see that "Mum, no screens at the table" ad, the more it bugs the living **** out of me. I don't know what's worse, the moany little brat, or the mother and the indulgent smile she gives him, when in reality she'd be going "how many times have I told you not to interrupt me when I'm working". Couldn't even tell you what the damn thing is supposed to be advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Americanisms

The bank ad (forget which bank) where yer wan says "support your home team" really annoyingly has made an unwanted return recently!

trashcan wrote: »
    Yeah, but short of actually murdering someone, I can't think of much that Paul McGrath could do that doesn't deserve a pass.

There's some murders id be quite understanding of him committing in fact :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

trashcan wrote: »
    The more I see that "Mum, no screens at the table" ad, the more it bugs the living **** out of me. I don't know what's worse, the moany little brat, or the mother and the indulgent smile she gives him, when in reality she'd be going "how many times have I told you not to interrupt me when I'm working". Couldn't even tell you what the damn thing is supposed to be advertising.

Yes its fupping dreadful, the aul wan droning on at the meeting and then the difference between her office face and her home face drives me spare :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Advertisement