Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

This one drives me mad cos it's on so often:mad: (on the channels I watch anyway)

"It was dad said he wanted to talk about a pure cremation" has me diving for the remote

Pure effing cringe more like.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

RadioRetro wrote: »
    Oh jeebus that ad is so ****e, amongst the worst I've ever seen.

I think it's designed to be painful so you rush out to the chemist to get some Isolief. Personally think you'd need the neurofen plus to take the edge off that crime of an ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

screamer wrote: »
    Nah I’m not at all, but as a larger girl myself I just think that they could have made an effort and not put clown makeup and horrible clothes on her. Us larger ladies can be elegant and stylish too, but the advert doesn’t convey that at all, and I certainly would not be rushing to lookup their clothing line based on the ad.

But we're bubbly and funny, right? Cuddly and maternal if required . Never, ever trendy, sophisticated or alluring. That's seems to be an advertising golden rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

screamer wrote: »
    Nah I’m not at all, but as a larger girl myself I just think that they could have made an effort and not put clown makeup and horrible clothes on her. Us larger ladies can be elegant and stylish too, but the advert doesn’t convey that at all, and I certainly would not be rushing to lookup their clothing line based on the ad.

I was only joking, your absolutely right about the ad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭raclle

Just Eat ads

I swear I want to rip the tv off the wall every time they come on. I do be frantically trying to change channel or mute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Not even sure what this ones for but it features the big guy off that series of poxy Bulmers ads with the village idiots from ten years ago. In it his ugly wife stares at him angrily over something he says.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The begging ads do my head in. Oxfam, Barnardos, kids in Africa, RSPCA, etc, and they're always on at dinnertime to make you feel bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,780 ✭✭✭CoBo55

fussyonion wrote: »
    The begging ads do my head in. Oxfam, Barnardos, kids in Africa, RSPCA, etc, and they're always on at dinnertime to make you feel bad.

Definitely, and they go on forever...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

raclle wrote: »
    Just Eat ads

I swear I want to rip the tv off the wall every time they come on. I do be frantically trying to change channel or mute

Did somebody say.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Seriously.....how could the makers of this ad not realise that an old man taking to a kid about a one-eyed monster is very creepy?

• Advertisement

That dreadful LidlAldi ad with the irritating family :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,030 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Those gimps trying to play golf in the lotto ad. Particularly the gormless idiot who gets the 'hole in one'.

No course with any credibility at all would let them near the first tee.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The ambulance chasers must be doing great business with their ads on constantly.
    Why do they only advertise on saorview channels? You never see one on ITV, C4 or RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Zak Flaps wrote: »

Seriously.....how could the makers of this ad not realise that an old man taking to a kid about a one-eyed monster is very creepy?

They should do an alternate cut for Halloween where the grandfather just says “oh holy merciful **** what is that?!!” and hangs up :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

They should do an alternate cut for Halloween where the grandfather just says “oh holy merciful **** what is that?!!” and hangs up :D

The son of one of my colleagues did a You Tube skit with his dad and the line at the end was “Seamus ruuuuuuun!!!!!” - I near wet myself watching it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Or better still, the grandfather is under the bed.....in the nip!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Or Pennywise

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

How a monster under the bed advert should look like

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

How a monster under the bed advert should look like

Oh he was adorable!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

The Gaviscon ad with yer wan in the cafe playing table tennis with the burger... I'd have loved to be in the room when that was pitched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

If theres an ad on tv ,i simply press the mute button , and look at my phone.
    The only ads i watch are ads on youtube ,which you can skip after a few seconds.
    i think the ad on youtube , where the irish dad fixs the door and is locked out with his family is quite funny.
    if i record a program i simply fast forward past the ads.

Gervais08 wrote: »
    The son of one of my colleagues did a You Tube skit with his dad and the line at the end was “Seamus ruuuuuuun!!!!!” - I near wet myself watching it!!!!

Link please!

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

I do not like the Super Valu ads. Check this out: those ads are cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

"Mum no screens at the table". Where the mother is having an important meeting at presumably dinner time (6-7 o'clock in the evening).

That bugs the **** out of me as she is affecting the work life balance of not only herself and her family, but the poor bastards dragged into a meeting well after working hours. I'd hate if she was my boss.

"I'm a man of simple tastes"

Me too, and one is not seeing your stupid ugly face on my telly

Ah no, yer wan's back, the one who just discovered lamb and now can't stop cooking it.
    "Not bad for a Tuesday lads!"
    *Mute*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,780 ✭✭✭CoBo55

"Mum no screens at the table". Where the mother is having an important meeting at presumably dinner time (6-7 o'clock in the evening).

That bugs the **** out of me as she is affecting the work life balance of not only herself and her family, but the poor bastards dragged into a meeting well after working hours. I'd hate if she was my boss.

Wagon train...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Or better still, a christian brother is stretched out under the bed in full regalia, cassock an all, staring wistfully and longingly into space

Ah no, yer wan's back, the one who just discovered lamb and now can't stop cooking it.
    "Not bad for a Tuesday lads!"
    *Mute*

I love Lamb. I love stir fries, It'd never occur to me to incorporate the two. In fact, I'm not convinced it would actually work.

That Spar ad has been on this evening about 9 times and after a string of expletives from me he gets muted. I can't put my finger on it, but there's something about that ad that makes me crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

riclad wrote: »
    If theres an ad on tv ,i simply press the mute button , and look at my phone.
    The only ads i watch are ads on youtube ,which you can skip after a few seconds.
    i think the ad on youtube , where the irish dad fixs the door and is locked out with his family is quite funny.
    if i record a program i simply fast forward past the ads.

That's all very dull and sensible ?

Half the fun is releasing built up bile and invective at the ones you hate !

Get a life dude !

Advertisement