Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,444 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Those Centre Parcs ads are on all the time :mad:

"brilliantest" :mad::mad:

Ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭trashcan

Is it an eircom add where yer man talks about "thirdy" euro ? Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,285 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Elmo wrote: »
    But what about the necrophiliacs?

They are a tragically under-represented audience, aren't they?:pac:

"Lucky lucky lucky me" is back...........ugh.
    I had forgotten how irritating it is :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭NedLowry

Probably been mentioned already but this is so terrible in every aspect that I can't stop watching it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,068 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The ad for Homestore & More where the son pretends he's not coming coming home for the family get together and then turns up and says 'Surprise'.
    The depressed head on the father is kind of cruel.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Claireabella

The ad for Homestore & More where the son pretends he's not coming coming home for the family get together and then turns up and says 'Surprise'.
    It's attempt to be really emotional as well and then it gets to the end and 'Homestoreandmore'..what?

"A little bit of wee won't stop me being me", nice actress but the music and the whole advert just annoys me, have to mute.

And a UK ad but, Shell energy..the child sounds like Bosco, 🀮

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

inthehat wrote: »
    "Lucky lucky lucky me" is back...........ugh.
    I had forgotten how irritating it is :mad:

Damn you inthehat!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Another fecking Dermot Bannon ad. His smirking face makes me want to throw the telly out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

The BBC promo for the womens world cup, simply because it features dreadful rapping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,094 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The Mace ads featuring Johnny Sexton. An abomination.

1) They make him out to be so gormless that you'd swear he wouldn't be able to chew gum and walk at the same time.

2) There is no way he'd be in Mace for lunch. He surely has a daily meal-plan set out for him.

3) Why is the one so nervous making a fecking roll? I would be worried if I were him- hygiene standards may be off. Betcha she never washed the knife after the last use with all her fecking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭sonic85

The Serena Williams Axa ad. Know you can or some other bollocks. She. Is. Sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭Dickie10

the "talk to me baby" ad with the ginger guy with a terrible haircut and worse shirt i think its for EIR broadband or something . the actor is making his charectar out to be so pathetic like its hard to know if he is 32/33 or 45/46. awful stuff hes doing in it, looks like he gatecrashed an 18th birthday and taaking selfies with some band at the end of the ad. looks a weirdo. hate,hate,hate that song too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

sonic85 wrote: »
    The Serena Williams Axa ad. Know you can or some other bollocks. She. Is. Sickening.

Well, I've nothing at all against Serena...

Although I'm very slightly surprised that she's doing an ad for the French-based Axa rather than for an American insurance company like AIG or Aon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

I hate that ad, I keep thinking what a horrible thing to do to anyone. Yes, I know it's not real but it's horrible.

The ads with people being all deep and meaningful talking about life and then the ad turns out to be for Woodies. :confused:

The 'lock-ee lock-ee lock-ee me' ad - ugh.

And the BOI ad which seems to consist of various people gazing dreamily into the distance apart from one guy who seems to be smashing up a house. :confused: I don't watch it properly because it is so annoying so I have no idea what that is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I know where I’d love to shove those Purple Bricks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I know where I’d love to shove those Purple Bricks.

https://www.jerrygreendogs.org.uk/news/purplebricks-advert

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

"We're de O biernes" .. Said with a slight nasal tone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Oh god, yes.... "Is this real life, or..." Just coz he was an extra on some programme.
    Then "I wasn't surprised by the savings, I was shocked"...

All in that nasal voice..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭Dickie10

are they his kids and wife in the ad they seem a bit old for kids but a bit young for grandparents, especially in this day and age when people are not having kids til 34-35

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Speedsie wrote: »
    Oh god, yes.... "Is this real life, or..." Just coz he was an extra on some programme.
    Then "I wasn't surprised by the savings, I was shocked"...

All in that nasal voice..

Are we supposed to know who he is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Another awful AIB "We're backing..." ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

This one:

So you are in New York, with a typical New York scene behind you. Full of the flavours (good and bad) of the city: the cab, the food vendor, the steam and works. To the rat and rubbish. But all in all a New York scene.

Oh, I wanna take a pic of me in New York.. Nono... No no.. Blur all that stuff out. This is Just. About. ME.

The sheer narcissism of the advert winds me up each time it's on TV. What's the point of taking a pic of yourself somewhere if all you can see is YOU? Pull a duckface in your bedroom and get off the street :)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

I keep wondering am I just getting older and grumpier, or is modern music actually just getting steadily more irritating.

Every single ad seems to have music that just makes me want to rip my hair out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

I cringe at that ad. And why is he dressed like that, is that a costume or how he dresses ordinarily. I dislike the ad so much, I might be missing the significance of his get up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭CoBo55

SirChenjin wrote: »
    I cringe at that ad. And why is he dressed like that, is that a costume or how he dresses ordinarily. I dislike the ad so much, I might be missing the significance of his get up.

No, he's just the usual caricature of the Irish father, seems to be the thing to do atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

CoBo55 wrote: »
    No, he's just the usual caricature of the Irish father, seems to be the thing to do atm.

He's an extra in de fillums.... I assume he took part in Vikings, hence the get-up
    https://www.aldi.ie/campaigns

Edit.. I can't believe I looked up the ad & linked to it.... Sorry..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

And then the little laugh his wife gives when he starts talking about meat crackling on a barbecue like he's the most hilarious man on the planet

Ahh I don't think it's all that bad, - it's harmless. They come across as a slightly bonkers but inoffensive family. There are far more irritating ads IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,285 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Apt8 wrote: »
    I keep wondering am I just getting older and grumpier, or is modern music actually just getting steadily more irritating.

Every single ad seems to have music that just makes me want to rip my hair out.

Well, music has always had hits or misses-some of the major hit songs of the past never get replayed-for example, this one. (And the only time I heard this song was because someone featured it on a 'one hit wonders-what ever happened to?' video.

Yes, that was a hit song...

So the popular songs of now often turn into the crap of tomorrow.

Advertisement