Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Kilboor wrote: »
    That an post ad with the smug red head one gloating on about how progressive and great we all are.

Not everyone agrees with the ****e you showed as being positives smug twat

She reminds me of Una Healy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭Dickie10

no way una healys good looking

• Registered Users Posts: 9,732 ✭✭✭lertsnim

That FBD ad telling us how great we are as Irish people. Who writes that ****. If we were that great surely they wouldn't be ripping us off with high insurance premiums. Scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,124 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The stupid Dennys ad when your man goes to Ballyhaunis . Do Denny sausages make you a bit thick

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭patmahe

Any of the ads for the British banks where someone is reciting a terrible and long poem.

Banks exist to make money, not to help society or anything else and no amount of poetry will change that. We learned what the banks were all about during the global financial crisis thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

backing doing, no two begins, backing brave - it's all just f*cking nonsense and makes my teeth itch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

optogirl wrote: »
    backing doing, no two begins, backing brave - it's all just f*cking nonsense and makes my teeth itch

Eir, Let's Make Possible, Smart Flies Aer Lingus... :rolleyes:

The worst I've seen lately is not an ad on TV, but the tagline for McAfee Antivirus products: "Together is Power".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

fricatus wrote: »

The worst I've seen lately is not an ad on TV, but the tagline for McAfee Antivirus products: "Together is Power".

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭patmahe

Dickie10 wrote: »

Really? she speaks so highly of you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

fricatus wrote: »

"Twirling towards freedom"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Saw Simon Cowell in a bank ad on Eurosport.

Seriously did he not make enough money off One Direction over the last few years.

His shows aren't doing what they used to, and he doesn't have a band to manage anymore.

So he's not making the massive money he used to make...not that he's stuck for cash at all.

The Cadbury 'dark' adverts...especially the one with JAson Donovan.

It's the crap bit where it's like 'remember me? No? That's okay'...

And then the bad joke at the end, that I didn't know was a joke, and had to google it...

It's an advert where the makers of the advert realised they had paid for a nobody, and then had no idea what to do about it. Embarassing.

The Cadbury 'dark' adverts...especially the one with JAson Donovan.

It's the crap bit where it's like 'remember me? No? That's okay'...

And then the bad joke at the end, that I didn't know was a joke, and had to google it...

It's an advert where the makers of the advert realised they had paid for a nobody, and then had no idea what to do about it. Embarassing.

Thats the whole point of it. It is aimed at older people who would know who they are. Theres a version with Kim Wilde that's the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

lertsnim wrote: »
    Thats the whole point of it. It is aimed at older people who would know who they are. Theres a version with Kim Wilde that's the same.

Then it backfires on that point because people that old would also know that Cadbury's chocolate doesn't taste anything like as good as it did back in the day.

What advertising agency gets it right these days? Why start now?

my3cents wrote: »
    Then it backfires on that point because people that old would also know that Cadbury's chocolate doesn't taste anything like as good as it did back in the day.

This-exactly this. Even a year or two ago, the cadbury's chocolate tasted different. But they add palm oil, or they shrink the size of the bar.

But I had to google Kim Wilde after another poster mentioned her. I don't know who those folks are, and the advert doesn't help.

If they even included a sample jingle from one of their songs, it might help.
    Notably with 'especially for you...'

Even the bit with the dog jumping off the couch made me think 'I don't get it...
    What am I missing here?'

Cadbury's have a lot of money-you're telling me they can't afford a sample. Because that's the even weirder thing-there's zero music in those adverts.

I'm getting a bit fed up with the M&S food adverts especially the one with the "two burgers" although I'm probably not allowed to say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

That Suzuki Vitara ad with that poxy annoying kid voiceover. WTAF!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Don't renew unless it's Blue.

That's them struck off the call list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Dickie10 wrote: »
    patmahe wrote: »
    Really? she speaks so highly of you :p

Ehh... Mollie's better-looking anyway. :o;)

2pr9o9e.jpg

Regarding the Oral-B ad, Richard Osman hits the nail on the head as always. ;)

https://twitter.com/richardosman/status/897221593126117376

And one can't help but be amused by some of the things said in other tweets about that ad... :o:D;)

"Presumably you were born and raised on Mars then."
    "That's like saying 'I didn't even know McDonalds did hamburgers!'"
    "What else would oral b make???? Next it will be I didn’t even know Nescafé made a coffee"
    "What did you think they made? Bread? Shoes? Tractors?"
    "Did she think they made haemorrhoid cream??"
    "WTF do you think oral b was???? code for giving head????"

The-Chase-982990.jpg?w=620

• Advertisement

Historically they are a company that only made toothbrushes. The B in Oral-B stands for BRUSH.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,676 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    The stupid Dennys ad when your man goes to Ballyhaunis . Do Denny sausages make you a bit thick
    Possibly yes.

Listen to the way the dentist says "toothpaste", it sounds like she's drunk. Like "toofffst".

I've seen a version of that Oral B ad without her amazement at finding out they made toothpaste. Maybe they've taken the mockery on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭khmk

Kilboor wrote: »
    That an post ad with the smug red head one gloating on about how progressive and great we all are.

Not everyone agrees with the ****e you showed as being positives smug twat

Hate the way she says profit.

Bugs the snot out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭khmk

"Insure my van .ie"

before and after every ****ing ad break on virgin media. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

Same with that stupid Apache Pizza jingle that bookends the Graham Norton show.

That Snickers ad with Elton John in a rap battle, you have to wonder how someone writes this crap and at no point in between concept and it going on air that noone pipes up and calls a bad idea.

Apt8 wrote: »
    Same with that stupid Apache Pizza jingle that bookends the Graham Norton show.

That Snickers ad with Elton John in a rap battle, you have to wonder how someone writes this crap and at no point in between concept and it going on air that noone pipes up and calls a bad idea.

Also sounding like Elton John is better than what came after it.

Ehh... Mollie's better-looking anyway. :o;)

She is, she definitely is-and without the baggage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

maltesers add with the nurses. If they had them doing something else on other ads, but it seems a constantly repeated one.

Advertisement