Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,735 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Every Eir ad and the voice over guy with the horrible sounding voice. They could have put some bass behind it or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Oh my Lord. I just saw an ad for Lucozade that just...wow.

Something about stealing a record, but it has a hapoy ending. Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Take That/Suzuki ad on one of the UK channels. Handy money for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Dickie10

im begining to hate the insurance ad with the talking dog. whos a clever dog? I think its AA insurance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

my3cents wrote: »
    Historically they are a company that only made toothbrushes. The B in Oral-B stands for BRUSH.

They've made toothpastes for some time though, haven't they? Mouthwashes too.

Dickie10 wrote: »
    im begining to hate the insurance ad with the talking dog. whos a clever dog? I think its AA insurance

Is it Churchill? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Is it Churchill? :D

No Irish ad, the final line is "and I'd do it again" Dog with a Waterford accent, its good once or twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

The Smithwicks "ghost" ad.

That cocky little ghost prick has a face just asking to be punched.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Elmo wrote: »
    No Irish ad, the final line is "and I'd do it again" Dog with a Waterford accent, its good once or twice.

The AA insurance... https://youtu.be/bZCgxDV2ltw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Dickie10

yes i hate that ad, yer man doing the voice has a horrible accent i thought it was wexford but could be waterford. oh it goes through me he sounds like he smokes 40 a day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Maurice Yeltsin

MrKingsley wrote: »
    I saw a new AIB one the other day. Some young tool talking about all the “amenities” in Ballybrack trying to highlight why it’s such a good place to buy a house.

What were the amenities? The coffee shop on Killiney hill and killiney beach. Give me strength

Ballybrack. An area built by the council for working class families, sold off, and now the former council housing costs 390k. Everything that is wrong with the Ireland of 2019.

AIB really do not have a hint of self awareness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Ballybrack. An area built by the council for working class families, sold off, and now the former council housing costs 390k. Everything that is wrong with the Ireland of 2019.

AIB really do not have a hint of self awareness.

Indeed not, and there’s a quote my friends are probably sick of hearing, but so true, from Ross O’Carroll-Kelly: AIB - we’re backing brave... “Yeah, because backing reckless didn’t exactly work out for you, did it?”

• Registered Users Posts: 18,141 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

The freddo treasures ad, what child has one small piece of chocolate (looks like the size of a chocolate button) and runs off satisfied?

There is a Woodies ad in which the father of the family says "When three quarters of your wages are going on your mortgage" and I have to yell at the TV "Who the F approved that?! No one would lend you that much!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

That new advert for Just Eat...makes me want to punch the TV.

"Did somebody say just eat..." ..no, fùck off with you singing. You sound like a bag of cats fighting in a bag..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,296 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Genuinely thought this was a parody-it's not, it's legit.

Jesus...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

The ad for new liquid go tabs for some brand of mouth wash is pretty disgusting. “She’s swishing away the tuna”. It makes me feel sick every time it’s on. Loads of little bits of tuna being swished around with mouth wash and then swallowed = puke.

Optrex have this advert out for allergy season...

Chr*st, it has me itching all over... and I don't even have hay fever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Horrible Ad

Horrible Ad

Jesus that ad with some guitar freak getting his clothes washed then everyone is around him like flies on a ****e... Mother of God who thinks up this drivel...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

What is it with advertisers butchering classic songs by ham fistedly cramming reworked lyrics into them? Guaranteed way to make an ad unbearable after a few rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭AngryLoner

That IMAGINE broadband ad.... with the bolshevik style "imagine things as they should be" slogan....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,175 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Desperate lunge for the remote every time this comes on

video-mms-kinky-raunchy-in-bed.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

"Well, Jupiter is one of the moonier, of the planets, let's see, there's, there's proton, crouton, oregano, anagram . . ." - aaaarrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

"Well, Jupiter is one of the moonier, of the planets, let's see, there's, there's proton, crouton, oregano, anagram . . ." - aaaarrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Mute every time... It's fooking dreadful, the father looks like he should be the grandfather, what's with the bloody beards in these ads?

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Mute every time... It's fooking dreadful, the father looks like he should be the grandfather, what's with the bloody beards in these ads?

The dad has just paid off all his bills, and retired from his job...

So now he has the time to raise a family.

The dad has just paid off all his bills, and retired from his job...

So now he has the time to raise a family.

At 60? No thanks. Pushing 70 dealing with teenage girls, not for the faint hearted!! With children that age the bills are only starting... He'll be doing part time barman cash in hand before long.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭caviardreams

That virgin broadband ad with the smart technology thing
    "We'll be in the daughter's bedroom at 7" :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭trashcan

That virgin broadband ad with the smart technology thing
    "We'll be in the daughter's bedroom at 7" :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Ugh

Yep, getting really sick of that one. It's not that it's so terrible in itself, but it seems to be on every frigging ad break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

some wan ranting about sanitary pads - I think she says 'side barriers' but it sounds like Siberias and I hate it

Advertisement