Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster vs Munster Match Day Thread, 08th Oct 2016, Aviva Stadium, SS1 & TG4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Munster perspective:

15 - Zebo - outplayed Rob comfortably I thought (Sky creaming themselves when Rob catches a ball under no pressue at all) and saved our skin on a number of occasions, distributed the ball well. Bad attempt at offload from the ground in the first half that he knocked on.
    14 - Sweetnam - bad mistake for the try, showed his inexperience, but had a fine game apart from that
    13 - Earls - poor outing, bounced off tackles when shooting out of the line. Did get one of the only turnovers. I'd have had Taute at 13 and him where ROM was
    12 - Scannell - very good first half where he was the best of the midfield for both teams. Faded in the second. Threw a shocker to Taute when he came on.
    11 - ROM - woeful. 28 in May and I'd happily see him not play for us again except against Zebre/Treviso.
    10 - Tyler - couple of nice touch finders and half breaks. Sexton outplayed him. Coming along nicely though. Did he go off injured?
    9 - Murray - picked a bad match to have a poor one, was in great form coming into it. Boxkicking was poorly executed and there were times he didn't need to.

8 - CJ - best Munster player on the day, carried and made tackles all day.
    7 - TOD - Schmidder's won't have been impressed with his performance at all, wasn't fully fit coming into it and it showed
    6 - POM - looked out on his feet at half time
    5 - Holland - didn't impose himself, thought he should have been more in the ref's ear about the dodgy Leinster try
    4 - D Ryan - similar to Holland
    3 - J Ryan - scrums were even enough for most of the game but Leinster got the upper hand when he went off
    2 - Scannell - I commented to herself that our lineout was 100% just before he overthrew and then Nacewa got in
    1 - Killer - big ball carrying loss for us when he went off, was doing well up until then.

Subs - Taute did well, JOD too. Keats looked like he was trying to shake up the backline.

Ref had an absolute shocker - Nacewa was in touch for the first try but Leinster got the lineout? Knock on at the base after Ringrose's break (I'll have to see it again but on the only viewing I saw it looked like it) before a forward pass to Nacewa for the second. Stander and I think Duncan Casey had two legitimate turnovers taken off them. Seemed like he wanted the TMO to make the call every time he went upstairs. He didn't do Leinster too many favours either it has to be said. Maybe I need to see the match again and watch it with fresh eyes but I thought he was atrocious.

So many mistakes... little knockons, Zebo doing an offload from the ground when there's no need, ball ball retention/protection, backline never got going at all (I thought we were past the one-out pops and running into the opposition), put ourselves under pressure like trying to run from our own line. The only thing is a lot of these are basic mistakes, sort those out and the improvement will be big. The maul was superb and we had Leinster marching backwards. Scrums were even enough, maybe Leinster 60-40.

Reading James Cronin might be in trouble for making contact with Leinster sub's head with his boot? Anyone know anything about that?

Leinster were the better team, thought we were worth a losing bonus point. Lot of work to be done for next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭A-Train

Happy enough with that win.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

MattD wrote: »
    After there being a bit of hubbub about Leinster's scrumhalves without Reddan this season, I couldn't be happier with the 2 we've got at the minute. JGP looks like a right wiley bastard to play against.

Parks looks much more a threat to me than McGrath, McGrath pass really is not up to the highest standard for me. Isa, Sexton , Robbie looked class - loved the way Ringrose overcame his early mishap, and showed his class - Kearney really looks past it (was a truly great player , but time seams to be catching up

• Registered Users Posts: 16,949 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

James Cronin (17) spotted on camera rucking on the face of a Leinster player. Could be accidental but might get in trouble for it all the same.

https://vine.co/v/5gDO5WJTvOi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭AlfaZen

Doesn't look good. A couple of weeks probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Buer

AlfaZen wrote:
    Doesn't look good. A couple of weeks probably.
    He'd gladly take a couple of weeks for that.

That's a ban alright. Hope Killer's injury isn't bad, otherwise it's John Ryan to 1, Archer to 3 and Scott on the bench in Europe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Foot in face, buy Cronin def had no idea his head was there, want even looking in his direction

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭NiallBoo

AlfaZen wrote: »
    What does that matter??

Just look at the lines on the pitch. It went 3 or 4 meters forward after it left Sexton's hands.

Because that's the law. .The ball is allowed to carry forward because of the throwers momentum and always has...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=box08lq9ylg

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Adbrowne

Foot in face, buy Cronin def had no idea his head was there, want even looking in his direction

he runs in and is looking down. he has no excuse for connecting with the head of a player

Adbrowne wrote: »
    he runs in and is looking down. he has no excuse for connecting with the head of a player

He runs by him, joins the maul and isn't looking anywhere near his head.....he's not psychic , if we're going to ban players for every accidental shoeing I suggest you watch the league final at 5 as it may be more to your taste

Healy is really coming back into form when we need him to. Had another good game. Now playing how we hoped he would at the world cup.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

He runs by him, joins the maul and isn't looking anywhere near his head.....he's not psychic , if we're going to ban players for every accidental shoeing I suggest you watch the league final at 5 as it may be more to your taste

It's careless use of the boot on a players head. It doesn't matter if it was intentional, if picked up it would have been a red card so a ban is coming.

Franno may need to revisit his last article. Leinster's backrow didn't seem too perturbed by Munster's "best backrow in Europe". Murphy gets a lot of underserved stick. Thought he was great today. We'll be even better with the return of SoB and VdF coming back in. Leinster's depth thete is disgustingly good.

It's careless use of the boot on a players head. It doesn't matter if it was intentional, if picked up it would have been a red card so a ban is coming.

Wouldn't have even been a yellow, nothing to see here, end of.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭AlfaZen

NiallBoo wrote: »
    Because that's the law. .The ball is allowed to carry forward because of the throwers momentum and always has...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=box08lq9ylg

But it wasn't forward momentum, it was just a forward pass.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Adbrowne

nothing to see here, end of.

bit like RKs pass to Isa :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Saw that real time, looked bad then, looks worse now

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That looks very bad. Even appears as if he looks down at him first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Is this some attempt at a jedi mind trick?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Well if you really think that, you have lost perspective completely.
    He will and should get a ban.

Is this some attempt at a jedi mind trick?!

Munster Jedi

"This is not the pashun you are looking for"

AlfaZen wrote: »
    But it wasn't forward momentum, it was just a forward pass.

How so?

It was thrown by a player running forward so it will have forward momentum. The question is if it has enough to account for ball's movement forward in the air?

Looking at the replay - you can see that the thrower(sexton?) Is still clearly ahead of nacewa when the ball is caught, meaning that it did have enough, and actually went backwards in relative terms by about a half metre.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Another case of a dirty Leinster player attacking a Munster players foot with his head, I reckon.

Clegg wrote: »
    Franno may need to revisit his last article. Leinster's backrow didn't seem too perturbed by Munster's "best backrow in Europe". Murphy gets a lot of underserved stick. Thought he was great today. We'll be even better with the return of SoB and VdF coming back in. Leinster's depth thete is disgustingly good.

Murphy made 2 metres off 4 runs and 5 tackles, Heaslip made 4 metres off 9 carries and 12 tackles missing two. CJ made 54 metres off 21 carries making 8 tackles and missing 1.

Anyone see the try the TMO gave in the NZ/Boks game?!

leakyboots wrote: »
    Murphy made 2 metres off 4 runs and 5 tackles, Heaslip made 4 metres off 9 carries and 12 tackles missing two. CJ made 54 metres off 21 carries making 8 tackles and missing 1.
    Doesn't that just mean that muster are overly reliant on Stander?

leakyboots wrote: »

CJ was wonderful, he did a huge amount of work in the first half alone.
    Ryan, Kleyn, POM, TOD, CJ.... you can a win on that quintet alone IMO ....now just to get them all fit and firing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

The only thing Cronin has going for him is the fact he's playing in a Pro 12 game between twork Irish sides, meaning citings are a rarity.

Advertisement