Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Haha genuinely enjoyed most of that Raw. Ending was a bit bizarre but in an awesome way.

I don't like the idea of a face HHH, but heel Hollywood Dave could be all kinds of great

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Only seen the roman and flair parts so far but god that roman promo was great just so great to see him so happy. Loved that they saved ambrose but didnt embrace him great little things there.

Then of course big Dave i effing love that man just wasnt expecting it at all. i thought it was just perfect that camera angle was the best camera work theyve done in years granted not that hard. loved playing into real life with them for some reason ignoring batista just plays into it so well.

one of my favourite runs ever was heel big dave in 09/10

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

She was smiling though. I don't think the fans will turn on her because the other options are Ronda, who is great but considered another MMA outsider and Charlotte, who is a heel but not cool enough to go against the grain for, except for maybe tonight on Smackdown in her hometown.

They really caught me with that ending. I was expecting something silly like Becky escaping the cops but Batista back is awesome and he looked great, blue nose stud and all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Necro wrote: »
    I don't like the idea of a face HHH, but heel Hollywood Dave could be all kinds of great

So, my thoughts would be that....

HHH always plays face anyway, even when heel.
    Batista is a much, MUCH better heel than babyface.

So while I know there'll be the usual criticisms against Hunter, etc, I think they've nailed the dynamic there.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

Only 5 more Raw's before Wrestlemania now. 3 of those however will be on an hour earlier than usual as clocks go foward in america on the 10th, whilst we dont change until 31st. so that'll be three full weeks of raws (inlcuding the fastlane ppv) that will be over by 3.00. Cant wait as I'm hanging this morning with the 3 and half hours sleep last night.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »

So while I know there'll be the usual criticisms against Hunter, etc, I think they've nailed the dynamic there.

with guys like batista and trips theres always going to be cheers and boos for both of these guys

to make him more heel have batista run through all trips mates have him attack shawn at the PC, road dogg at smackdown etc

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lord TSC wrote: »

Oh I love the idea of Batista being the arrogant heel again, they should have done that on his last run instead of having his face run bomb because of Bryan.

HHH needs to stay away from the Becky storyline completely though from now on otherwise he starts to blur the lines.

Tbf I think they started that with only having Steph in the ring with Ronda.

All in all I like where they're going, at the moment anyways.

Wonder re: this new faction, will it be Roman and Dean and Braun and Angle maybe taking them on at Mania. A tag match might be the best idea to ease Roman back into the ring as well, I definitely think he'll have a match anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

So we were suppose to hate Triple H for the last month for holding Becky down. Now we are suppose to like him because the father of the McMahon's hand picked replacement for Becky at Mania was beaten up by a Hollywood superstar. Also, we are supposed to like Becky for beating up people with crutches in a heelish, cowardly way.

So, if Becky had beat Ric senseless with crutches for no reason after crashing his party last night, like everyone thought would happen, she would have been a super over face? But Batista beat Flair up with his fists for no reason and he's a heel? Hmm.

Hey, maybe Russo is back after all.

EC3 lost to Apollo on Main Event. What a disaster of a call-up he's been.
    sirmanga wrote: »
    So we were suppose to hate Triple H for the last month for holding Becky down. Now we are suppose to like him because the father of the McMahon's hand picked replacement for Becky at Mania was beaten up by a Hollywood superstar. Also, we are supposed to like Becky for beating up people with crutches in a heelish, cowardly way.

So, if Becky had beat Ric senseless with crutches for no reason after crashing his party last night, like everyone thought would happen, she would have been a super over face? But Batista beat Flair up with his fists for no reason and he's a heel? Hmm.

Hey, maybe Russo is back after all.

You're criticising them for a situation that never happened.

• Advertisement

did meltzer say anything about romans diagnosis getting tagged by a leukemia.

Good thread for anyone whos unfamiliar with leukemia like i am

https://twitter.com/LeukaemiaCareUK/status/1100326051933229056

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

J. Marston wrote: »
    EC3 lost to Apollo on Main Event. What a disaster of a call-up he's been.

You're criticising them for a situation that never happened.

But it is happening. Becky is beating innocent people with a weapon. Batista beat up one innocent guy with his fists.
    One is a face, the other is a heel, yet they've done the exact same thing.
    Nonsense.

But it is happening. Becky is beating innocent people with a weapon. Batista beat up one innocent guy with his fists.
    Nonsense.

Who has Becky beat with the crutch? Charlotte and Ronda? They're not innocent, Charlotte has weaseled into her spot and Ronda cost her the title. She hit Natalya once but who cares about Natalya anyway.

Batista beat up and dragged a 70 year old around the place.

They're not the same thing.

Nonsense.

Becky isnt beating up any innocent people though. She's feuding with Ronda and Charlotte. Ronda was the cause of her losing the smackdown title and charlotte has being portrayed as her arch enemy since last year. Unless you are referring to her striking natalya last night, in which case the argument is invalid as Ronda was tossing the agents/security around the same time.

edit: i started typing before i seen your post J. Marston. Sorry if looks like a carbon copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,500 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This topped everything for me on RAW and the best line of the year so far for me was......

Reene Young "I want and encore I want and encore of Dirty Deeds" play it again.

Michael Cole "You're probably going to get encore later tonight"

standing-ovation.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Has it been confirmed anywhere that Prichard was involved in writing/producing this episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,156 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

wonder will Batista keep showing up and attacking 'Triple H buddies'

didnt he say he wanted too come back full time or is just a part time gig ??

Must watcht the last hour and half only saw reports of his return on social media

PTH2009 wrote: »
    wonder will Batista keep showing up and attacking 'Triple H buddies'

didnt he say he wanted too come back full time or is just a part time gig ??

Must watcht the last hour and half only saw reports of his return on social media

hes always said he wants to retire at mania against trips so would so a one time thing

Batista being back in a WM match two weeks before the release of Avengers will bring in some more main stream publicity for Vince.

Batista being back in a WM match two weeks before the release of Avengers will bring in some more main stream publicity for Vince.
    Eh, did he not, you know, in avengers 3?
    dont think marvel will confirm he is in it until after it comes out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭ThePott

Pissed off I saw spoilers for that ending online this morning.

Hell of a reintroduction though, perfectly handled and shot which is a rarity too

• Registered Users Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think it's Ric's fault, really. If he'd been in position at the entrance, he wouldn't have been in his dressing room to get attacked. Dave was just trying to get him out instead of holding up the show.
    And clearly everyone else thought the same since none of them went to help Ric, even though they all supposedly respect him.

I did notice when Sting came out , he ignored Seth. Whether that was intentional or just because he was shaking Braun's hand, I don't know.
    He did seem to have time for EC3 and Bobby Roode, clearly from the TNA days. And oddly No Way Jose.
    Ricky's slap to Seth did seem like it could've hurt a bit with it being so quick.

I think Lio is forever in Corey's bad books now.
    Don't know what Renee was talking about when she said Finn talked circles around Lio. Finn's part of that basically consisted of "I know you are, but what am I"

Also I don't know why but I am not a fan of Titus. He always strikes me as one of those guys who thinks he's more popular than he is. Or like a stereotypical American high school jock who still thinks he's popular outside of school. But he always seems to be involved in these celebrations.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,754 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

ThePott wrote: »
    Pissed off I saw spoilers for that ending online this morning.

Hell of a reintroduction though, perfectly handled and shot which is a rarity too

Bruce Prichard is paying off already. I've watched the ending from last night and it certainly wasn't the usual ****e.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Bruce Prichard is paying off already. I've watched the ending from last night and it certainly wasn't the usual ****e.

Has he started already?

According his twitter account he is still seeing out his live dates with Conrad and Bischoff I didn't think he would start back at WWE until they all happened or were cancelled.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Has he started already?

According his twitter account he is still seeing out his live dates with Conrad and Bischoff I didn't think he would start back at WWE until they all happened or were cancelled.

He was due to report to Raw last night. What input he had if any is unknown.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

Is dave back full time or just for a wm match

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

cena wrote: »
    Is dave back full time or just for a wm match

It’s been rumoured for a while that he wanted his last match to be at Mania, putting Triple H over. That’s not to say he’ll never wrestle again, but it would seem like a good time to formally end his in-ring career. I imagine he’ll be the headline inductee to the HOF in any the next three years, but that’s just guesswork.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,156 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Seemed a waste bringing those legends all the way for Drax too feck it all up

The Roman and Seth run in too Help ??? Ambrose was cool but a bit anti climatic for Romans first physical exchange back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

At the same time, maybe he's not cleared enough to do anything too strenuous.

So seemed last night pretty much confirmed the women's triple threat for Mania.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement