Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mcdaids69

thats one of the no nos to say to wrestlers check this ...not sure if their pulling his leg but definatly a no no

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I liked the Ronda turn, but why was Stephanie so involved, and what was the point of her bit at the end? Still think Becky v Ronda works better than a triple threat.

In other news, the hyperactive camera work wrecks my head.

did the commentator say one last time before dean ambrose leaves?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

mcdaids69 wrote: »
    did the commentator say one last time before dean ambrose leaves?

Probably as he is leaving in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

"Is any of this real?"
    Why do WWE always seem so willing to make themselves look bad with celebrity guests, like every other show on TV it isn't real but you don't see them saying it. I genuinely haven't a clue who those people were so well done on that front.
    Unless she is there to take the L having Charlotte in the match at WrestleMania still confuses me. I doubt they'll ever have anything with the Women more deserving than Lynch vs Rousey to headline the show for some time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,187 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

'I was there last week for Richard Fleihr, the man behind Ric Flair'.

Fúck you HHH. Fúck you WWE. Just fúck you.

Yes, we all know the business is fake and all these people in front of us are 'characters'. But fúck off. I don't need it rubbed in my face.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lordy, that final segment took all my criticisms of last weeks Smackdown, and refined them into an insane twenty minutes. It was so, so messy. The whole vacated title issue, Becky needing to re-earn a shot she already had, the utter lack of tension in any Charlotte vs Beck, the shirts how that was the segment ending early and them having to stall.

The end results were fine; Becky working her way back to the main event, Ronda turning heel. But it was so incredibly messy.

Elsewhere, as an SNL fan who loves weekend update, I’m looking forward to Jost and Che :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

TimesArrow wrote:
    Not to sound entire shallow but I reckon Torrie is the hottest bird ever in WWE

Personal preference of them all is Trish for me.

Hated the Reigns / Seth segment.

Also Triple H is becoming dogsh1t on the mic. Same angry voice in the same tone all the time. Just fcuk off at this point.

More thoughts as I watch the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Elsewhere, as an SNL fan who loves weekend update, I’m looking forward to Jost and Che :D

finally - the lack of SNL knowledge in here was making me sad! :pac:

The 2 are quite a good get for WWE!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Seth and Dean are 'wrestling soulmates'....

Puke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

So Stephanie is on Becky's side now? What a mess.

And why are these two "comedian" tossers on my wrestling show? SNL is about as funny as finding blood in your stool.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

At some point any sympathy for Becky's "injury" crosses over into comedy. It's so dumb that she's still on a crutch and after two armbars I'm half expecting her to be in a sling on Smackdown.

She'll be like the Black Knight from Monty Python come Mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Boring enough Raw but at least Rhonda turned at last.Poor Drew what did he do to be thrown together with Lashley and Corbin.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

sirmanga wrote: »
    So Stephanie is on Becky's side now? What a mess.

I mean, technically, Steph (and Hunter) were never just straight up against Becky, was she? She said Becky looked hurt, see a doctor or she was suspended. The second Becky saw the doctor, Steph lifted the suspension. Never sought retribution for the attack on her either. In the context of the current story, Stephanie's antagonism towards Becky has usually been justified entirely.

Ironically Ronda will be cheered more than ever after turning heel I reckon.

Whole storyline has descended into a farce though. Sure why bother having a Royal Rumble at all like if things are changed willy nilly between then and Mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

thought it was a very sloppy raw for me.

all of the promos just dragged. at one point, it looked like seth and roman where going to head to the ring, ad break, then when we come back theyve moved about 5 feet. I dont mind the ad breaks during the start of a match, or even during a match (used to it by now) but there seemed to be a lot of ad breaks during promos. maybe i'm imagining it this morning, but thats what i can remember.

anyone see the smile on becky around the last shot of her in the ring with the ref/trainer?

sneaky feeling that stephanie sides with ronda.

ps, what will the likes of strowman, finn, lashley, drew, corbin, elias be doing during wm. I had thought they might have a multiman ladder match for the ic belt, but there seems to be more heels awaiting a programme than faces. I can see roman either with ambrose in a tag match, or against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Back too reigns opening every raw
    There going to turn Reigns heel soon aren't they ?
    Reigns the one too turn leading too Ambrose vs Reigns at mania
    I bet HBK will end up getting attacked by Big Dave

If you predict literally every thing you'll eventually get something right.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

This could be an interesting feud

I bet HBK will end up getting attacked by Big Dave

Bro you're like a guy at the movies that sits and predicts whats goonna happen. Chill out and enjoy it - just let it play out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

SlickRic wrote: »
    'I was there last week for Richard Fleihr, the man behind Ric Flair'.

Fúck you HHH. Fúck you WWE. Just fúck you.

Yes, we all know the business is fake and all these people in front of us are 'characters'. But fúck off. I don't need it rubbed in my face.
    Great promo but cringey all the same. We all know this is fake but you attacked my friend so let's fight for reals. I wonder does this blurring the lines thing actually work on anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

Re: Earlier message that Becky was smiling after the beating.

looks like vince may have seen same and sent Ronda back out to correct her.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1102812178057289729

• Advertisement

Great promo but cringey all the same. We all know this is fake but you attacked my friend so let's fight for reals. I wonder does this blurring the lines thing actually work on anyone.

nope.

what they fail to realise is we actually WANT to have our disbelief suspended. i'm not listening to Triple H use real names and going to myself 'shít, now this is real fighting'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

SlickRic wrote: »
    nope.

what they fail to realise is we actually WANT to have our disbelief suspended. i'm not listening to Triple H use real names and going to myself 'shít, now this is real fighting'.

i dont think everyone feels this way people creamed themselves when punk said this is phil brooks vs paul leveque but im like you i want to see batista vs hhh not paul vs dave and i think they try to add real names for realism but i think its stupid.

other then the real name crap didnt think the promo was as bad as i read before watching

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

The way "Fliehr" is pronounced is hilarious. I, for one, hope Big Dave gets to say "Hickenbottom" on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The way "Fliehr" is pronounced is hilarious. I, for one, hope Big Dave gets to say "Hickenbottom" on TV.

Never sounds good when they do it. I remember Shamrock calling Taker "Mark" in an angle years ago.

sky88 wrote: »
    i dont think everyone feels this way people creamed themselves when punk said this is phil brooks vs paul leveque but im like you i want to see batista vs hhh not paul vs dave and i think they try to add real names for realism but i think its stupid.

other then the real name crap didnt think the promo was as bad as i read before watching

the promo was fine.
    HHH's delivery was as great as ever.
    the reasoning was fine (if you don't mind the 'this is real' thing).

but it just felt samey. it's the same stuff that HHH has done a million times before. he's a superb promo, but you just start to get a bored of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Im not sure i even want to see Triple H v Batista, Dave v Paul or whatever they're offering up, 10 years ago, yeah, but not now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Actually maybe after Triple H v Sting when we got DX and the NWO get involved, we might get Triple H v Batista but with DX and Starlord along with a couple of the Avengers mixing it up at ringside, ;)

Loughc wrote: »
    Probably as he is leaving in April.

they said he wasnt only yesterday :pac::pac: but then at end when shield reunited commentator said he was was :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lordy, that final segment took all my criticisms of last weeks Smackdown, and refined them into an insane twenty minutes. It was so, so messy. The whole vacated title issue, Becky needing to re-earn a shot she already had, the utter lack of tension in any Charlotte vs Beck, the shirts how that was the segment ending early and them having to stall.

The end results were fine; Becky working her way back to the main event, Ronda turning heel. But it was so incredibly messy.

apparently they finished up a few minutes ahead of schedule and that's why they shoe horned in that pointless segment with Stephanie at the end

it's great that roman is back, but im already bored of another shield reunion. how long before the fans go back to booing him? becky hobbling into the arena (again) is getting very silly at this stage. I quite liked ronda's promo and hopefully the full turn works out well for the feud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Had to laugh at Renee saying Dean is leaving for "greener pastures" which was followed by about 3 seconds of silence before Graves said "This is WWE, Renee!"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement