Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Also would like to point out I didn't once complain about Becky Lynch like that poster said I did. I just put forward an unpopular opinion that I don't find her all that convincing as this character. Never said she isn't deserving of her success whatsoever.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Condescending "you do realise it's not real right :pac:" comments are grand though!

Look, it goes in circles mate.

Ronda got legit knocked out in real fighting - twice. Still is called 'The Baddest Woman on the Planet.'

Asuka tapped to Charlotte at Mania last year - also lost to Carmella of all people.

Charlotte I'm pretty sure tapped to Becky.

It's pointless talking about who tapped out or who got knocked out or win/loss records when you're discussing WWE.

That's why I said what I said because I don't know if you realise that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Condescending "you do realise it's not real right :pac:" comments are grand though!

Didn't say anything was grand or not grand but you seem to be taking this personally hence even asking me that question.

You can like whoever you want to like and dislike whoever you want to dislike.

I disagree with SureYWouldntYa's opinion on people not enjoying Becky as you do it'd seem. As you yourself said though it's ok to have an opinion though even if I think his is incorrect, plus knowing Omackeral as a poster I also know he will respond and say as much but not take it personal.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

There are loads that don't like her. I'd say Reddit, for instance, is 50/50 on her. They are generally a miserable shower though.

When she was on the shelf with the concussion and just doing promos every week ramming "The Man, The Man, The Man, The Man" into our skulls, I was finding it tiresome. She was spinning wheels for a few weeks.

Now they have a goal for her and I'm all in again. I'm fickle. Her being Irish factors into it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Omackeral wrote: »
    Also would like to point out I didn't once complain about Becky Lynch like that poster said I did. I just put forward an unpopular opinion that I don't find her all that convincing as this character. Never said she isn't deserving of her success whatsoever.

And I honestly think you have to be actively looking for those faults to find them, that's just my way of thinking about it, I questioned what do you even like in wrestling because we all complain here so much that I'm wondering why you don't like the biggest thing in wrestling atm when so many do seem to enjoy it myself included

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Necro wrote: »
    Look, it goes in circles mate.

Ronda got legit knocked out in real fighting - twice. Still is called 'The Baddest Woman on the Planet.'

Asuka tapped to Charlotte at Mania last year - also lost to Carmella of all people.

Charlotte I'm pretty sure tapped to Becky.

It's pointless talking about who tapped out or who got knocked out or win/loss records when you're discussing WWE.

That's why I said what I said because I don't know if you realise that.

Didn't realise it's pointless discussing what happened in the ring! Maybe you should "chillax" and realise people are free to discuss and enjoy WWE however they want :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Didn't realise it's pointless discussing what happened in the ring! Maybe you should "chillax" and realise people are free to discuss and enjoy WWE however they want :)

Ugh that isn't even...

Ok be obtuse, I've made my point. You do you bro.

And I honestly think you have to be actively looking for those faults to find them

Well you're a million percent wrong. It's my opinion. Done.

I'm wondering why you don't like the biggest thing in wrestling atm when so many do seem to enjoy it myself included

Hogan was often the biggest thing in wrestling. Never overly enjoyed him either. Shocker, people like different things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Necro wrote: »
    Ugh that isn't even...

Ok be obtuse, I've made my point. You do you bro.

Not sure what that means, but you too I guess! And enjoy the road to Mania, it's sure to be a cracker no matter who you're a fan of :)

• Advertisement

Well you're a million percent wrong. It's my opinion. Done.
    Hogan was often the biggest thing in wrestling. Never overly enjoyed him either. Shocker, people like different things.

Different strokes for different folks then, hopefully the run to Mania lives up to the last couple nights and it can turn you around so, or maybe it turns to crap and you end up liking it I dunno :pac:

Different strokes for different folks then

Which was my whole point all along. Glad you get it now.

Which was my whole point all along. Glad you get it now.

If we can’t call out what we think is bs though then what are any of us doing here really, you’re obviously very defensive of your position and away with you, may you call me out should i not like any of the things you listed a few posts back

If we can’t call out what we think is bs though then what are any of us doing here really, you’re obviously very defensive of your position and away with you, may you call me out should i not like any of the things you listed a few posts back

Listen. Firstly, it wasn't BS. I don't say stuff for the sake of it or to be contrary. Never have on here. Secondly, it seems very much like you're the one with some sort of issue. You think someone not liking something that everyone else does means there's something wrong with them or they're doing it for the sake of it. I gave an example of Hogan being on top and loved as something I didn't buy into because I found it hokey. I also find this hokey. Is it that hard for you to just accept that.

I defended what I said because it's my view. Mine. You asserted that ah you're only looking for negatives. I told you I'm not. I simply don't enjoy something a lot of others do, ergo it's an unpopular opinion. We all have our own.

The fact you finish with ''different folks for different folks'' goes absolutely against the very point you're trying to make and just makes your whole argument pretty much moot.

The thread has gone off kilter at this stage so I'll stand aside from this now.

Is it that hard for you to just accept that.

The Becky thing, yeah sort of

Obviously I get that you have another opinion, and I do think that obviously you're entitled to it. I just think it's wrong, for the reasons I've pointed out. Back in the 80s when Hogan was the big thing maybe I'd have been behind it who knows, it's not really a fair comparison though because Becky is only just getting started as "The Man" and being near the main event while Hogan done the same thing for I don't even know how long, unless you mean you didn't like Hogan from the first time he was doing his stick as opposed to being on top for too long.

I said "different strokes for different folks" because at the end of the day you can't change that, you see Becky one way and I see it another though and that should be up for debate. If I said after a Takeover that I didn't like Velveteen Dream because I didn't believe that Patrick Clark was an actual Prince inspired campfest or whatever you want to call him, there's every chance you'd call me out on it (I'm just using that as an example btw)

We're going around in circles really so I'll leave it at that too, I came into the thread with a sweeping generalisation because too often I find myself enjoying something only to come here and read negativity which can get annoying when for once I find something is really clicking

Obviously I get that you have another opinion, and I do think that obviously you're entitled to it. I just think it's wrong

One last thing. A personal opinion can't really be wrong when the matter is entirely subjective. Probably dealing in semantics but there ya go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I’m a big Becky fan and though she is decent in ring it’s largely due to her off screen personality, and her good looks. And her Irishness to a degree I suppose.

I enjoy seeing her doing well and being a big star but I wouldn’t totally buy in to The Man stuff either.

But as someone says above WWE has history for forcing something down our throats that became popular organically, so I don’t think I’d blame Becky for it really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Yeah I wouldn't blame Becky for The Man schtick. Vince is the one who bled it dry just like he bled Naka's hugely entertaining off the cuff no English remark dry too until it became a cringey catchphrase.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Pentecost wrote: »

But as someone says above WWE has history for forcing something down our throats that became popular organically, so I don’t think I’d blame Becky for it really.

Actually said necks(bearded or not) but that joke obviously went under radar! Haha!
    Anyway what's the craic with Ambrose on Raw? Are they gonna bury him now his deal is coming to an end, or is it all a work?
    I remember Kevin Owens doing something similar, he even put he old indie t-shirts back on the market for a while.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

J. Marston wrote: »

Odds on how Stephanie will try and make it about her AND steal Becky's thunder in the process?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

J. Marston wrote: »
    What does she want?

The same thing every McMahon wants, the spotlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I hope Becky is making some decent money out of the run with the merch sales as well.

The Man t-shirts are bound to be big sellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I hope she slaps her and Becky hits back.

It'll probably involve her pointing out how she doesn't like Ronda either and they should help each other.

I hope Becky is making some decent money out of the run with the merch sales as well.

I hope they are doing well but holy **** do they look terrible, way too big on the shirt and beyond plain

She has a new one now, that says ‘WrestleMANia’, and has a pic of her in the steampunk glasses which she hasnt used in how long

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Already a hit with fat, balding middle aged men

https://twitter.com/WWEAustralia/status/1090078283591340037

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

They've also announced Finn vs Lashley, and Elias vs Jeff Jarrett.

Yes. In 2019, Jeff Jarrett is going to have a match on Raw....

Lord TSC wrote: »
    They've also announced Finn vs Lashley, and Elias vs Jeff Jarrett.

Yes. In 2019, Jeff Jarrett is going to have a match on Raw....

Jarrett actually looks in relatively decent shape compared to some of the other legends. I'm interested to see where this is going as a 'one and done' type deal or something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Finn losing to Lashley or is it a match to get a title shot at EC?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement