Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Davy05

The Nal wrote: »
    I think its just lazy selling. Shouldn't hurt that much, right in the middle of the ring.

Spoken like an armchair expert bump taker :D we'll let Brock Lesnar throw you sideways, mid-air, 6 foot off the ground, and you can let us know if it hurts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Davy05 wrote: »
    Spoken like an armchair expert bump taker :D we'll let Brock Lesnar throw you sideways, mid-air, 6 foot off the ground, and you can let us know if it hurts :D

Theres quite a bit of give in the ring. It doesn't really hurt if you land properly.

Have been in one of the old harder rings. And its hurts unless you land properly but they are quite bouncy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I remember setting up a boxing ring a while back and being really tempted to do a flip off the corner/turnbuckle after we were done, just to see what it was like.

Decided against it, still curious though.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I know this is probably unpopular but I hate Becky Lynch. She looks like such a fake hard man. I can't put my finger on it. She doesn't convince me at all. That angry face she does reminds me of a bold kid pouting. It's like a I know she's only acting tough whereas when Asuka does it I fully believe it. The whole The Man thing is utterly cringe worthy to me too, not to mention the crappy Twitter wars with ''Ronnie''.

I don't begrudge her the success and anytime I've seen her candidly she comes off brilliantly and very likeable but I just can't take to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

J. Marston wrote: »
    I remember setting up a boxing ring a while back and being really tempted to do a flip off the corner/turnbuckle after we were done, just to see what it was like.

Decided against it, still curious though.

Would've hurt! Wrestling rings have far more give and padding than a boxing ring. The older WWE wrestling rings had springs underneath that had harder spots and could be really stiff but the new ones - post 2000 ish - have crossed steel with loads more give and bounce in them. So they are still fairly hard but if you can land ok they don't really hurt.

This however, would've been excruciatingly painful. At 2 mins 20.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Omackeral wrote: »
    I know this is probably unpopular but I hate Becky Lynch. She looks like such a fake hard man. I can't put my finger on it. She doesn't convince me at all. That angry face she does reminds me of a bold kid pouting. It's like a I know she's only acting tough whereas when Asuka does it I fully believe it. The whole The Man thing is utterly cringe worthy to me too, not to mention the crappy Twitter wars with ''Ronnie''.

I don't begrudge her the success and anytime I've seen her candidly she comes off brilliantly and very likeable but I just can't take to it.

Thank God it's not just me.

I find her really cringeworthy. Her facials during the Rousey standoff on Raw made me go red. Actually go red. And I was watching it on my own.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sirmanga wrote: »
    Thank God it's not just me.

I find her really cringeworthy. Her facials during the Rousey standoff on Raw made me go red. Actually go red. And I was watching it on my own.

tenor.gif?itemid=6024520

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Same, it all just comes off so forced, the whole 'The Man' thing is so cringey. Would be great to see Charlotte get added to the match.

Same, it all just comes off so forced, the whole 'The Man' thing is so cringey. Would be great to see Charlotte get added to the match.

Even though I'm not a fan of the character, I think Lynch vs Rousey is the way to go. At this stage, I'd just have Ronda heel it up. Crowd are already turned on her. Charlotte taking on Asuka in a rematch from last year could be a good programme only this time Asuka is champion and a win at Mania would solidify her as a top threat again IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

I was really hoping it would be Charlotte v Rhona one on one,Charlotte is brilliant in the the ring not that Becky isn't good but not in the same class as Charlotte.

• Advertisement

Even though I'm not a fan of the character, I think Lynch vs Rousey is the way to go. At this stage, I'd just have Ronda heel it up. Crowd are already turned on her. Charlotte taking on Asuka in a rematch from last year could be a good programme only this time Asuka is champion and a win at Mania would solidify her as a top threat again IMO

Yeh it probably is the way to go really, I'm just a big fan of Charlotte, she's class. In an ideal world I would have loved to see Ronda vs Asuka!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I mean, I agree that Charlotte is talented but she's so obviously over-used it's no wonder people want something fresh and new in the women's scene.

And when it comes to facial expressions and overblown promos - Charlotte is every bit as bad as Becky in that regard.

As for Asuka, very talented - but wouldn't sell a big fight feel like Becky or Charlotte or Ronda. Her poor English holds her back in that regard, sad to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Being a wrestling fan and not liking Becky Lynch must be what it's like for a Trump voter living in San Francisco.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I find Becky a much more credible threat to Ronda than I do Seth Rollins to Brock Lesnar but I can understand the point. I think one of the downsides of modern pro wrestling is that there aren't many, if any, from solely the pro wrestling world that come across as being tough or legit. Most of the ones that do either come from an MMA background, or have trained in it.

Quite a contrast to twenty years ago when many people were willing to believe Austin could hold his own in a fight with Tyson!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I honestly think if you’re not enjoying what’s happening with Becky Lynch then you’re just actively looking to complain

I honestly think if you’re not enjoying what’s happening with Becky Lynch then you’re just actively looking to complain

Give over would ya. Not everyone has to like the same thing. Watching this game nearly 30 years. I'm allowed like/not like what I like and so are others. Ridiculous comment.

Give over would ya. Not everyone has to like the same thing. Watching this game nearly 30 years. I'm allowed like/not like what I like and so are others. Ridiculous comment.

I really don't understand this train of thought either? Do you have to like Becky because she's Irish? Different strokes for different folks!

I really don't understand this train of thought either? Do you have to like Becky because she's Irish? Different strokes for different folks!

Seriously it was one of the most ignorant comments I've read on here in some time. ''If you don't like it then you're actively looking to complain''. Unreal. As I said, I like Rebecca Quin. Just don't buy this tough guy Becky ''The Man'' Lynch persona. Fine that most others do. Personally, her acting takes me out of the moment and a good deal of her online fan base are very defensive and frankly some of them are a little odd too.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Seriously it was one of the most ignorant comments I've read on here in some time. ''If you don't like it then you're actively looking to complain''. Unreal. As I said, I like Rebecca Quin. Just don't buy this tough guy Becky ''The Man'' Lynch persona. Fine that most others do. Personally, her acting takes me out of the moment and a good deal of her online fan base are very defensive and frankly some of them are a little odd too.

If that isn't an understatement, some of them are like super super duper invested.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    If that isn't an understatement, some of them are like super super duper invested.

I've heard them called Beckbeards, which I did find amusing :pac:

• Advertisement

I wouldn't subscribe to the above notion, and it's fine not to like the persona imo.

I don't really get it at the same time, her rise has legit been the most captivating part of an essentially (D. Bryan aside really) dour period for WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

I think when Becky's push/run started it was organic, but would agree The Man stuff is a bit cringy since they started to really push it down our necks(bearded or not)! Wwe tend to make an arse of most successful things. Becky wouldn't be an exception to the rule, but she is handling it better than most.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Ah here it doesn't matter how little or long you're watching, if you're not enjoying what's happening with Becky then I don't know what you do like in wrestling so or what you wouldn't find fault with

I do have to laugh at you calling people Beckbeards when you're just acting like a big old hipster tbh, lord knows there's enough to complain about is wrestling I don't know why anyone would complain about this too

Those little 'The man' signs were cringe worthy, and felt unbelievably forced. Like her forced angry pouting face. "I'm gonna bash ya Ronnie", give over, Asuka tapped you out!

Those little 'The man' signs were cringe worthy, and felt unbelievably forced. Like her forced angry pouting face. "I'm gonna bash ya Ronnie", give over, Asuka tapped you out!

Ah here, you do realise it's not real right :pac:

Necro wrote: »
    Ah here, you do realise it's not real right :pac:

Brains of the operation here I see, yes obviously I know it's not "real" as you put it. You do realise it's ok to have an opinion and not like every wrestler on the roster?

if you're not enjoying what's happening with Becky then I don't know what you do like in wrestling

So you just say it's complaining for the sake of it as a catch all? I'll tell you what I do like like. I like a motivated Brock, I like a Finn Balor with free reign (see NXT UK Takeover), I like the Usos on the mic, I enjoy Elias holding the crowd in his hand. I like The Bar in ring, ditto the Revival. I adore Velveteen Dream, Gargano and the Undisputed Era. I enjoy practically all of NXT's women's division. Shayna Bazsler is a girl that has it down. She's what a bad ass is to me. On the flip side I love Kairi Sane. The list goes on. I like comedy spots, I like call backs, I like chain wrestling. I like attending live shows and I basically love pro wrestling and always have

I do have to laugh at you calling people Beckbeards when you're just acting like a big old hipster tbh, lord knows there's enough to complain about is wrestling I don't know why anyone would complain about this too

Except I didn't call them Beckbeards, I said I've seen them called it and found it a funny name. And you finish up by calling me a hipster!? A hipster?! State of ya mate, seriously.

Brains of the operation here I see, yes obviously I know it's not "real" as you put it. You do realise it's ok to have an opinion and not like every wrestler on the roster?

I mean, normally I pass no heed but you're taking this super seriously. Chillax dude.

As I said above I don't care if you don't like Becky but your comments on 'she tapped to Asuka' are just nonsensical when dealing with fake fighting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Chill a few posts back the person your responding to said
    it's fine not to like the persona imo.

Of course it's fine not to like Becky or anyone else.

That said 95% of people are firmly behind Becky at the moment. Sometimes the WWE push things a bit too hard and they are now behind her but originally they weren't and if anything that is what solidified her as the peoples choice where as Charlotte was the companies.

• Advertisement

Chill a few posts back the person your responding to said

Of course it's fine not to like Becky or anyone else.

That said 95% of people are firmly behind Becky at the moment. Sometimes the WWE push things a bit too hard and they are now behind her but originally they weren't and if anything that is what solidified her as the peoples choice where as Charlotte was the companies.

Condescending "you do realise it's not real right :pac:" comments are grand though!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement