Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Bargains [Electricals/Home/Media]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

Picked up a JBL Clip 2 waterproof Bluetooth speaker for €6.50 today in Tesco Douglas. None left that I could see. It had the yellow reduced tag on it.

Hi, can you let us know what's the barcode please?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Dunnes vouchers in sunday independent, can be used in tesco
    Dunnes voucher in Tomorrow's life magazine in the Independent! €10 off €50.

crasy dash wrote: »
    Just picked up a 2kw dimplex convector heater for 14.99 in The Crescent Limerick.

Not a bad price and handy to have for the attic for cold weather.
    I have a Glen brand one, who are in the dimplex group. Some places have special ones for attics which go to lower temperatures, and typically cost twice the price or more. However my glen one still heats even if it is turned off by the dial, the only way to turn if off is to unplug it. It likely uses the same thermostat as that dimplex brand one.

So in the attic you just need to stay above freezing, which this would do while turned off. It might heat too much, not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,851 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Is heating attics a thing now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭Glebee

Seve OB wrote: »

In very cold weather to stop pipes from freezing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

rubadub wrote: »
    Dunnes vouchers in sunday independent, can be used in tesco

Do Tesco take the vouchers that are printed on Dunnes receipts?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Glebee wrote: »
    In very cold weather to stop pipes from freezing.

Lagging the pipes is a cheaper solution.Do it once,do it properly and never worry about frozen pipes again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Do Tesco take the vouchers that are printed on Dunnes receipts?

Yes. Just tear off the discount bit with the bar code

• Registered Users Posts: 15,851 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Lagging the pipes is a cheaper solution.Do it once,do it properly and never worry about frozen pipes again.

Exactly. I never hear my attic. It's like an icebox up there. But insulated properly. Like the whole leaving the taps run..... Silly wasteful ideas.

Seve OB wrote: »
    Nothing new about it. I have never had to do it in any house I lived in. Lagging only lasts so long, it just delays heat transfer. You cannot lag a can of coke and stick it in a freezer and expect it to never ever freeze.

Some people are away for weeks, may have no heating, have no water running through the pipes. It could be cheaper to heat just the attic locally near pipes, heating to just 1 or 2C

-More on topic -if people missed out on the indo voucher it is probable that the sunday world will have one next week. It seems to happen the last few times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I noticed they have a wall of scanners in Tesco Ardkeen, stating "coming soon".

Will make bargain hunting a lot easier in future!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 462 ✭✭TetraSonic55

Textet Capsule Coffee Maker (Compatible with Nespresso) €17.50 in Tesco Extra Naas. Had about 7 left.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭Nollog

2.2 litre Brita jugs in my local, one left. €6.62

Be sure to check it has the filter in it, mine didn't. They replaced it with one that did not problem though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

/\/ollog wrote:
    Be sure to check it has the filter in it, mine didn't. They replaced it with one that did not problem though.

Got one today...loads at ballybrack

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭corks finest

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If all you need is a top up to get you out of a fix rather than a full charge Dealz are doing 1200mAh power banks for €1.50

If all you need is a top up to get you out of a fix rather than a full charge Dealz are doing 1200mAh power banks for €1.50
    I wouldn't trust power banks from Dealz, i got one 2 before and both of them started making weird noises.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

I wouldn't trust power banks from Dealz, i got one 2 before and both of them started making weird noises.

Apologies for going off topic but I wouldn't trust a power bank from any old place. Tesco yes, a reputable store.

I had a cheap one plugged in charging one night (I don't know where I originally got it) and noticed a funny chemical smell/fumes in the room - coupled with my lips turning numb!!

I kid you not, it took me a while to figure out that it was the power bank emitting noxious fumes ... and also beginning to heat up ... danger!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

th283 wrote: »

Just an update on these. Saw a good few of them in two Tescos in Cork. There is also a 8800 mAh one for 10 euro. Be careful with the 4000 MAh ones though, saw black ones were 6.50 but white ones were 13euro in Ballincollig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭corks finest

holly8 wrote: »

Apologies for going off topic but I wouldn't trust a power bank from any old place. Tesco yes, a reputable store.

I had a cheap one plugged in charging one night (I don't know where I originally got it) and noticed a funny chemical smell/fumes in the room - coupled with my lips turning numb!!

I kid you not, it took me a while to figure out that it was the power bank emitting noxious fumes ... and also beginning to heat up ... danger!
    Not worth the risk of burning the house down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

holly8 wrote: »

I bought one for a fiver in LIDL, literally fell apart (never dropped, taken outside the house). Probably wouldve ended up like either of yours if I kept using it

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭SIRREX

Krups Dolce Gusto capsule coffee machine, (Mini Me Starter kit) with rack and 3 packs of pods included, €40 in Tesco Mullingar.
    They also had 2 other Krups models @ €40 but without pods and rack

SIRREX wrote: »
    Krups Dolce Gusto capsule coffee machine, (Mini Me Starter kit) with rack and 3 packs of pods included, €40 in Tesco Mullingar.
    They also had 2 other Krups models @ €40 but without pods and rack
    How many do they have? I'm on my way to Mullingar soon, I'll pick one up if they have any left.

How many do they have? I'm on my way to Mullingar soon, I'll pick one up if they have any left.

2 of the mini me left, bottom shelf on the right, on the aisle from the Veg to the Dairy aisle.
    I think there were 2 each of both the other models too
    Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mcgrailg

Tesco Ashbourne have Remington AQ7 Wet Tech savers in store reduced down to €17.18, its showing as £45.21 on amazon. There were 5 or 6 there last night

SIRREX wrote: »

2 of the mini me left, bottom shelf on the right, on the aisle from the Veg to the Dairy aisle.
    I think there were 2 each of both the other models too
    Best of luck!
    I managed to pick one up, really good value!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sd2011

Was there any left?

Everyone round to yours for Coffee!!

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

LG 32 inch Led tv 129 in Tesco Ardkeen this morning

Advertisement