Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Bargains [Electricals/Home/Media]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭M7roadrunner

Sharp LC 55CUG8052K
    4K uhd Smart Tv in Tesco Naas for €499.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭tazdogue

Got a Sharp 48"full HD, Smart LED TV for €289 in Douglas. Seems like a good price considering the 40" ones are €299.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

tazdogue wrote: »
    Got a Sharp 48"full HD, Smart LED TV for €289 in Douglas. Seems like a good price considering the 40" ones are €299.

Was it marked €289? They are €389 on the shelf in Tralee at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭tazdogue

th283 wrote: »
    Was it marked €289? They are €389 on the shelf in Tralee at the moment

It had a normal white sticker but could be worth scanning.
    There were loads of the 49" but only 2 of the 48" there.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

tazdogue wrote: »
    It had a normal white sticker but could be worth scanning.
    There were loads of the 49" but only 2 of the 48" there.

Thanks taxzdogue, they’re still scanning at €389, I was going to buy a 49” for €399 but got the 48, just in case it scanned for less ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DavyC2

Tesco DR1403B 1.5W Compact Portable FM/DAB Radio €4:68. 1 left on the shelf in Tesco Maynooth this evening, a horrible ****ty matt blue colour but not a bad price for a handy little Dab and FM radio.

https://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-dr1403r-15w-compact-portable-fmdab-digital-radio-red/520-2375.prd?skuId=520-2375

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

DavyC2 wrote: »
    Tesco DR1403B 1.5W Compact Portable FM/DAB Radio €4:68. 1 left on the shelf in Tesco Maynooth this evening, a horrible ****ty matt blue colour but not a bad price for a handy little Dab and FM radio.

https://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-dr1403r-15w-compact-portable-fmdab-digital-radio-red/520-2375.prd?skuId=520-2375
    Good price but battery life is only 10 hours 4 AA's and doesn't look easy to change channel, also you have to scan to re-tune?.

manual has no mention of DAB+
    http://ttselectrical.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/483399/1498837529/redirect/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNTE4MzA5NjEyL3NpZC9OXzdZaF9Fbg==/filename/297-1843_Tesco_DR1403G_DAB_Radio.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DavyC2

Good price but battery life is only 10 hours 4 AA's and doesn't look easy to change channel, also you have to scan to re-tune?.

manual has no mention of DAB+
    http://ttselectrical.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/483399/1498837529/redirect/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNTE4MzA5NjEyL3NpZC9OXzdZaF9Fbg==/filename/297-1843_Tesco_DR1403G_DAB_Radio.pdf

When you press Tune - or Tune + that brings you straight into the stations list, pressing the same buttons then brings you up and down through the the stations, press select (push in the big Volume button) when you get to the station you want.

Scan to retune to look for more stations ? Yes but that's not a big job.

No DAB+. It looks like I can only get around 10 DAB stations but it only cost me €4 to find that out 😠and I still have an FM radio that's mains powered and runs on batteries (which I realised I didn't have during a few recent power cuts).

https://youtu.be/B393nRAO7WA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Not bad to have for emergencies . Similarly I went out and bought the little pocket Tesco 5 euro one ( battery operated) after the last storm. No way was I going to be without music/news again. Battery power is 3 aaa batteries but I've a load of spares in the press.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Ordin73

Went looking for the DR1403R but found the DR1703B mislabeled for €5 should be €24...Bargain :)
    Thanks OP

https://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-dr1703b-dab-radio-blue-with-rubberised-finish/205-3647.prd?skuId=205-3647&pageLevel=sku

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Donal94

Sorry couldn't decide if this was grocery or home so putting it here. Little trees car air fresheners reduced to 25c, only some scents, just got a load in tesco maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,708 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Tesco 4 amp car battery charger was €25 now €10.62

Crescent SC Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pajoemccracken

ablelocks wrote: »

Crescent SC Limerick

Hi. Now €5. Just bought one. Stanley 25 piece set rachet screwdriver now €4.25 from €16. Loads of air fresheners reduced. Car cover reduced etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Nice one picked one up in Tesco Ballybeg for e5. Still marked as 20. Also picked up 4 bottles of prestone concentrated screenwash 1litre down to 1e each

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

Hi. Now €5. Just bought one. Stanley 25 piece set rachet screwdriver now €4.25 from €16. Loads of air fresheners reduced. Car cover reduced etc.

Is this in the main tesco store? What part has all that? Or is it a petrol station? I dont recall ever seeing so much car stuff in tescos?

There's usually a section of car related products like de-icer/ wipers/mats/screenwash/ air freshers/ car wax, that sort of thing in every Tesco.

They were also selling these Pingu reusable car dehumidifiers for €2 each

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-accessories/interior-car-accessories/pingi-lv-a300-reusable-car-dehumidifier

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Is this in the main tesco store? What part has all that? Or is it a petrol station?
    In mine it is a small area at the end of aisles with dvds, frying pans etc, near toasters and kettles. You would easily miss it.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Did you try one? Having a terrible time with my car lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭cletus

Postgrad10 wrote: »

Not a bargain, but a dehumidifier only hides the problem. Have a look at the cabin filter, see if it needs replacing, a clogged one often leads to condensation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭bren2001

Ive two in my car and they are excellent. Never have to demist my windscreen in the morning. While its not a solution, my cars so old I dont care.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭karlyk1

Tub of Swarfega around a euro, down from 8. Simonez dash/upholstery wipes a euro too

cletus wrote: »

Not a bargain, but a dehumidifier only hides the problem. Have a look at the cabin filter, see if it needs replacing, a clogged one often leads to condensation

I'd say that's the problem all right.
    The clip holiding one of the back lights broke off too. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭shnaek

Crescent SC Limerick

Nice one. Just picked it up for 5 too in Mahon. There was another left on the shelf. Marked 20 but scanned at 5 like a poster said above.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Stiro05

I just got 2 mitre footballs in tesco swinford for e1:50 each.

Picked up a wire brush in car section, priced at e2, scanned at 33c

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Picked up a JBL Clip 2 waterproof Bluetooth speaker for €6.50 today in Tesco Douglas. None left that I could see. It had the yellow reduced tag on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,708 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Picked up a JBL Clip 2 waterproof Bluetooth speaker for €6.50 today in Tesco Douglas. None left that I could see. It had the yellow reduced tag on it.

what colour was this one - the black one is still priced at €47 in crescent sc limerick...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

what colour was this one - the black one is still priced at €47 in crescent sc limerick...

This was grey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Just picked up a 2kw dimplex convector heater for 14.99 in The Crescent Limerick.

Not a bad price and handy to have for the attic for cold weather.

Advertisement