Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Bargains [Electricals/Home/Media]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

The leads in those places are of poor standard though. Amazon probably the best spot.

Totally wrong, cables work perfect, only difference on amazon will be the markup. Things like gold plated hdmi cable etc are just marketing hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

I've watched teenagers burn through plastic cables in a week, whereas I've a heavy duty braided cable from allreli on Amazon which will probably outlast anything I connect it to and will pay for itself in no time.

Oh great a HDMI cable discussion. Better hit the "unfollow" button now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Its a bargain discussion if peeps are buying expensive cables when the cheap ones work

For example the 4.99 cable posted can be got for 1.50 so thats over 107% cheaper...Is something 107% cheaper not a bargain?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Rixuraxu

For example the 4.99 cable posted can be got for 1.50 so thats over 107% cheaper...Is something 107% cheaper not a bargain?

If something is more than 100% cheaper, they would be paying you to take it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

€4.99 = 100%, meaning that €0.0499 (say 5 cent) = 1%

€1.50 = 30 times 5 cent = 30 * 1% = 30%

So €1.50 is 70% cheaper, not 107%! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Pique

Its a bargain discussion if peeps are buying expensive cables when the cheap ones work

Sheesh, you really don't understand how percentages work, do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Someone needs to go back to school :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭garyskeepers

Turnipman wrote: »
    €4.99 = 100%, meaning that €0.0499 (say 5 cent) = 1%

€1.50 = 30 times 5 cent = 30 * 1% = 30%

So €1.50 is 70% cheaper, not 107%! ;)

theres always one who has to be a smart arse :)
    degsie wrote: »
    Someone needs to go back to school :o:o

make that two,, haha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

at least he can add 1 + 1 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,708 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Ding Dong
    This is a customer service announcement, calling Dave to aisle 4, calling Dave to aisle 4, there's a big effing mess that needs cleaning and could you put up that sign again that tells people to post bargains and not make a mess of the place with their random discussions and mathematical ravings.

Ding Dong

• Registered Users Posts: 22,091 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Cable posted was optical, not HDMI, no?

Do Deals sell optical cables?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Sweet jesus. Please make them stop posting about poxy boring cables!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Wheres Davy? He loves starting Tesco threads. Surely he'll start a "Tesco Bargains [Cables]" thread?!

I never appreciated his categorisation skills until now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

brokenarms wrote: »
    Sweet jesus. Please make them stop posting about poxy boring cables!!

Tesco cable will never beat LIDL rope.
    Never.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

This thread discussion is definitely ropy and will lead nowhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭etselbbuns

50% off some toys instore

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

All stores??

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bodan

Sony MDR EX15lp earphones are on offer for €2.79. They are in various different colours

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Amazon have them for €10 not including delivery

Link to the black ones in Tesco

Very handy cheap sony eaphones

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Bodan wrote:
    Sony MDR EX15lp earphones are on offer for €2.79. They are in various different colours

Got these the last time they were on offer, 3 months of gym use and they're still going strong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Donal94

Tried blue and black ones in tesco maynooth scanned at €20

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Bodan wrote: »

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Amazon have them for €10 not including delivery

Link to the black ones in Tesco

Very handy cheap sony eaphones

Tried blue and black in Clarehall late last night - both scanning at €20. :(

i dont know what to say , I just bought them on monday for €2.79 and if you look at tesco's website, they are still listed there at the same price. Maybe you checked the wrong headphones as there are a few different sony models for sale.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?searchBox=Sony%20Mdr

tesco.jpg

if you look at tesco's website, they are still listed there at the same price.

"Sorry, this product is currently not available"

"Sorry, this product is currently not available"

It looks like they are sold out in your area

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

i dont know what to say , I just bought them on monday for €2.79 and if you look at tesco's website, they are still listed there at the same price. Maybe you checked the wrong headphones as there are a few different sony models for sale.

008824197_Screenshot_2017_10_26SearchSonyMdr_Groceries_TescoGroceries_122_476lo.jpg

Nope, checked the model number you gave. There were as you say many other Sony headphones but I specifically checked the model number you gave. Not complaining btw, I was there anyway so it was no big deal to check.

It looks like they are sold out in your area

But how does the Tesco.ie website know what my area is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

Ah bless. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

If you're not signed in or have no cookie to identify you they might guestimate it from your IP. My IP says I'm 250km away in Ballyboden and I get different stock when I login.

• Advertisement

If you're not signed in or have no cookie to identify you they might guestimate it from your IP. My IP says I'm 250km away in Ballyboden and I get different stock when I login.

OK thanks. Just checked and, curiously, my IP address suggests that I'm located in Tullamore, Co. Offaly, whereas my nearest Tesco is actually in Ballincollig, Cork!
    :confused:

Advertisement