Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SFC Final Replay - Dublin v Mayo Sat 1st October *Read Mod Note Post #1*

Options

Comments

So now its the general rules?

Your previous 2 comments were about the ref, you moaned about Deegan.

The ref can't invent a sin bin mid-way through an AI final just to suit you.

So at least you're now saying it wasn't the ref's fault today afterall, a general rule change is whats needed.
    Yes a general rule change is needed on the black card. But today there is no way you can say that Keegans(Mayo's best player) was a genuine black card ?? Deegan gave in to the pressure, simple as.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

surely this is a wind up about Cluxton! Now putting him up as POTY!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Yes a general rule change is needed on the black card. But today there is no way you can admit that Keegans was a genuine black card ?? Deegan gave in to the pressure, simple as.

Agreed on need for change. Go back a couple of pages. I said Cooper and Keegans black cards were wrong.

The difference is that I'll point out the mistakes on both sides, whereas you seem to be a bit one-sided about the entire thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

kona wrote: »
    I'd count a massive extend period of winning nothing other than a poor provincial championship surrendering.

Let's face it deep down you know you will roll over Saturday. It's what mayo do. You did it last year, the year before and in 2013 you couldn't beat dublin when dublin were left with 12 players who could actually run.

Hill 16 la la la.

I jest.

Nothing but respect for mayo.

Cillian o Connor. Hold your head up.

Agreed on need for change. Go back a couple of pages. I said Cooper and Keegans black cards were wrong.

The difference is that I'll point out the mistakes on both sides, whereas you seem to be a bit one-sided about the entire thing.

Coopers while harsh was a by the rules a black card, Keegans wasn't a black card by any interpretation of the rules. Keegan should be player of the year, you are underestimating what effect Deegan sending him off caused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭charlie1980

The Dubs layed Mayo out,strung them up and Man...I mean,they gutted them.

Cometh the hour cometh the man and O'Conner bottled it in front of hill 16.

Rochford felt the pressure and self destructed with the dropping of an all star goal keeper,wtf Mcnamee allowed that.

C'mon you boys in blue.

Coopers while harsh was a by the rules a black card, Keegans wasn't a black card by any interpretation of the rules. Keegan should be player of the year, you are underestimating what effect Deegan sending him off caused.

Go home. Your drunk.

Rochford felt the pressure and self destructed with the dropping of an all star goal keeper,wtf Mcnamee allowed that.

Made no sense Clark was excellent in the first game :(

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

C'mon you boys in blue.

"Gutted them" = 1 point winning margin.... Good man, go and look up what it means to gut someone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

C'mon you boys in blue.

celebrate a win by obsessing and slagging the other team? Classy and mature for a man in his mid 30s

• Advertisement

C'mon you boys in blue.

Apart from the bizarre gk call. Dublin far from gutted them. Dublin tried to swagger in the last ten. They did. But only for costello Sam would be heading West.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Coopers while harsh was a by the rules a black card, Keegans wasn't a black card by any interpretation of the rules.

Ah here. Look if you really truly are hell bent on blaming the ref for losing today then why am I even trying to stop you?

Go with that so. It was the referee that beat Mayo eh? Enjoy your night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Cant understand why the Mayo player who clocked Cooper after Keegan's goal got away scot free. Ran at least 5 metres to do it and caught Cooper completely blind-sided. Mean,sneaky and cowardly. Also completely ignored by the 'expert analysists' on the RTE panel.

Ah here. Look if you really truly are hell bent on blaming the ref for losing today then why am I even trying to stop you?

Go with that so. It was the referee that beat Mayo eh? Enjoy your night :)

No i blame a lack of decent forwards for losing the game, but having Lee Keegan for the full game would likely have brought sam west. Unfortunately Deegan wrongly sent off one of the best players in the country. To think that did not make a difference is frankly bizzare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭babybuilder

LeoB wrote: »
    The only way out until we get referees who apply the rules evenly is to do away with the black cards. Gaelic football was showed in worst possible light by Tyrone with their cynical tackling in the final quarter of games.

If the referee lets play flow he is not applying the rules if he blows constantly he is ruining the game.
    Sin bin seems to be the only answer but would we not be swapping black cards with sin bin for the sake of it. Yellow cards appear to be the best way.

Also a referee should have the power to look retrospectively at an incident and upgrade a yellow to a red and vice versa. Maybe 3 yellow cards in 3 consecutive games should mean a 1 match ban. The one thing we need to avoid is going back to puke cynical football of a few years ago.
    I agree with the sin bin. It's been used before and wasn't given the chance.
    Let's knock this lie about cynism originating with Tyrone. Have a look over the "famous" Dublin Meath four game saga in 1991. Non stop cynical fouling . Go back even further if you want. Might want to start with Kerry v Antrim 1946 semi-final. More recent would be Kerry's tactics vs Mayo in Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Anyone see who got man of the match today ?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,433 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Dub's bench made all the difference today, Mac Cauley, Brogan done well and Costello was brilliant. Mayo had no one to got to.
    As others have said for a supposed top man, Aiden O Shea is completely overated, he went missing for the whole second half.
    The look of disgust on the face of the Mayo goalie who was dropped at the end of the game said it all.

A Mayo told me that a o Shea is not a very intelligent player so he is wasting his physical attributes.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

do you know what?

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »
    So only for a Dublin player scoring, the other team would have won. Well that's pretty much stating the obvious. What did you expect him to do?

Well mastermind if you watched the game the Dublin forwards passing and shot choice left a lot to be desired.

Costello took the shots that won the game.
    Same can't be said for the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

I agree with the sin bin. It's been used before and wasn't given the chance.
    Let's knock this lie about cynism originating with Tyrone. Have a look over the "famous" Dublin Meath four game saga in 1991. Non stop cynical fouling . Go back even further if you want. Might want to start with Kerry v Antrim 1946 semi-final. More recent would be Kerry's tactics vs Mayo in Limerick.

Go to McHale park a few years ago or was it Ballina? Ronan McGarrity got some fine treatment dished out to him. Maybe it was Tyrone who mastered the cynicism in our games. Look at some of their games with Derry and Armagh.

Dublin and Meath was a different era. You would be locked up for some of the stuff that went on back then, remember Paudi O'Sé and the slap he gave to Dinny Allen? We can dig up all sort of shi*e if we want but we have to live in the present.

The sin bin given a proper and stand alone chance I think would be voted in. The black card has done some way to cut out the cynical tackling but is not applied evenly or correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭JRant

No i blame a lack of decent forwards for losing the game, but having Lee Keegan for the full game would likely have brought sam west. Unfortunately Deegan wrongly sent off one of the best players in the country. To think that did not make a difference is frankly bizzare.

So you are blaming the ref then.

That's fine and after another AI defeat I'd say there's a lot of unhappy fans heading home tonight. Let's get one thing straight though, the ref didn't lose Mayo that game, christ he gave you enough handy frees in that second half to more than get the job done.

But y'know what it matters not a jot. Jobs done for another year Sam is staying in Dublin and if you want it you know where it is.

Only the winners name goes on the trophy, excuses go in the bin.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

TheCitizen wrote: »
    In American Football the Dallas Cowboys are known as "America's Team". Mayo are "Ireland's team" right now. Win the fckin replay.

That's exactly why I'm so content this evening, thank you.

Any betting on the next Mayo manager?

JRant wrote: »
    So you are blaming the ref then.

That's fine and after another AI defeat I'd say there's a lot of unhappy fans heading home tonight. Let's get one thing straight though, the ref didn't lose Mayo that game, christ he gave you enough handy frees in that second half to more than get the job done.

But y'know what it matters not a jot. Jobs done for another year Sam is staying in Dublin and if you want it you know where it is.

Only the winners name goes on the trophy, excuses go in the bin.

The ****e he's coming out is what's wrong with mayo. Too much bollox.

Fact that I believe

If mayo came out to play football they would be 2016 all Ireland champions.

They really need to stop the bolloxology. Both in the stands and on the pitch.

Also.

Aidan o shea needs to take a good hard look at himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ian_80

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Thank you very much Dublin from a Galway man :D

The arrogance of Mayo people and their define right to win Sam has really pissed me off so to stick it to them is worth everything

You need to get a life in that case. Mayo people dont believe they have a DIVINE right to win anything. It's just we keep finding ourselves in the final two so often, it would be lovely to win one. I suggest therapy. But, mostly, get a life.

Your Internet connection gone down?....usually you have so much to say....and if you see your little sidekick biloxi blues tell him he can come outta hiding......talk, talk, talk....

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ian_80

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Thank you very much Dublin from a Galway man :D

The arrogance of Mayo people and their define right to win Sam has really pissed me off so to stick it to them is worth everything

You need to get a life in that case. Mayo people dont believe they have a DIVINE right to win anything. It's just we keep finding ourselves in the final two so often, it would be lovely to win one. I suggest therapy. But, mostly, get a life.

Your Internet connection gone down?....usually you have so much to say....and if you see your little sidekick biloxi blues tell him he can come outta hiding......talk, talk, talk....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

The dropping of David Clarke is the biggest example of how negative tactics has contributed to making Gaelic Football the mess it is today,too much looking at videos and all that analytical crap. I too agree that Aidan O'Shea is very overrated,apart from his contribution to Lee Keegan's goal,he was awful again today.

• Advertisement

The dropping of David Clarke is the biggest example of how negative tactics has contributed to making Gaelic Football the mess it is today.I too agree that Aidan O'Shea is very overrated,apart from his contribution to Lee Keegan's goal,he was awful again today.

He's no forward anyway, simply does not score enough on the big days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement