Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Word

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I missed the GoT bit at the start but got to hear the weekly sermon about diversity. White males writing TV shows =bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

The other TV "contributor" is from TodayFM - think they roll her out when they are stuck...well I hope that is why she is rasping on our airwaves! I have heard her on other items also & boy does she LOVE the sound of her own voice and the ring of her own opinions :rolleyes: She has been on more than just TLW too

Agree - they need TV reviewers on that are open to all TV programmes and not just the populist ones. At least with the music spot, I don't always know what music John & Larissa will discuss but their discussions have more substance than the TV "reviewers"!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭TheDavester

i cant believe she's a tv reviewer when she never saw breaking bad or the wire and harps on about love island and sjw esque shows....who does she appeal to....I loved it when she got in a twitter feud with someone on here as he challenged her over whinging bout women being "oppressed" and then she was drooling over the I think sweedish soccer team

She likes Adam Driver too, it would appear. The hypocrisy is strong with this one.

They really should get her to tone down that diversity preachiness she goes on about far too often. Every other week we're subjected to soapboxing about feminism, LGTB issues, there being too many white males writing TV shows etc. It has gone beyond boring at this stage. I assume that most people who listen to the TV slot do so to hear about what was on TV over the previous week and to a get a heads up about what might be worth watching in the coming days. And no, not some upcoming Netflix documentary about a black, one-legged transgender dwarf who's standing for election as a Democrat in Alabama. The Irish Times ban really has them scraping the bottom of the barrel.

https://twitter.com/jennpops/status/1131676011077226496

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

The fact that’s it’s been a month since there was a post in here I think must be reflective of the (former) audience just tuning out of what TLW has become.

By chance I stumbled onto the TV slot from yesterday (I was actually trying to listen back to the feature on Health Insurance). 2 females (Jennifer Gannon and Alison Healy) and a male (not Matt, Karl Deeter filling in). Usual SJW causes, Love Island and some Trump-bashing. Even by their own standards it was particularly bad - I’d actually encourage people to listen back for that reason alone.

• Advertisement

Oh and Jennifer dropped in “fanny flutters” into her Love Island “review”. One can only imagine the outrage were a male to have dropped said double f bomb (of sorts).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,180 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The Last Word is becoming less serious as a show.

It's a joke compared to what it used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^

but its still better than the other two.....Hard Shoulder, Drivetime (imo)

Hard Shoulder, yes.

DriveTime, not so sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,714 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

The fact that’s it’s been a month since there was a post in here I think must be reflective of the (former) audience just tuning out of what TLW has become.

By chance I stumbled onto the TV slot from yesterday (I was actually trying to listen back to the feature on Health Insurance). 2 females (Jennifer Gannon and Alison Healy) and a male (not Matt, Karl Deeter filling in). Usual SJW causes, Love Island and some Trump-bashing. Even by their own standards it was particularly bad - I’d actually encourage people to listen back for that reason alone.

Caught it on podcast..

I loved the double standards when justifying the irish girls rapey behaviour.

1. He's a big strong man, she's little.

2. He had been flirting with her earlier

3. Those who complained weren't looking at it in the right context.

Pair of screechy hypocrites.

• Advertisement

Gannon is just making it clearer to us every week that she hasn't a lot going on upstairs. She is hanging herself with her own words. Quite why nobody on the production team is shouting stop is another question. Surely even they know she doesn't cut the mustard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

Gannon is just making it clearer to us every week that she hasn't a lot going on upstairs. She is hanging herself with her own words. Quite why nobody on the production team is shouting stop is another question. Surely even they know she doesn't cut the mustard.

Indeed she wears it proudly on her sleeve.

A particular highlight of last weeks episode was her inability to explain the catch in Catch 22.

Two bimbos on now totes excited about the Hills . Also giving about the men on Love Island again.

Total hypocrite.

lol even Matt called her on her hypocrisy !!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Matt was not happy with Cal Thomas after their usual chat on Tuesday. I notice the Cal/Marion from this Tuesday isn't up on the podcasts either which is quite rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

marno21 wrote: »
    Matt was not happy with Cal Thomas after their usual chat on Tuesday. I notice the Cal/Marion from this Tuesday isn't up on the podcasts either which is quite rare.

I only caught the very end of it and things sounded a bit frosty, all right. What was it about?

Going by what another poster said on the Today FM thread, a line may have been crossed. I hope they don't fall out over this or how Matt and Marion have taken to ganging up on him. I don't really agree with Cal's viewpoints but I am always interested in hearing his opinions. And he isn't an ill-mannered, abrasive crackpot, unlike some of the conservatives that make it to the airwaves. I'd be sorry to see him go.

blastman wrote: »
    I only caught the very end of it and things sounded a bit frosty, all right. What was it about?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110539236&postcount=4497

Going by what another poster said on the Today FM thread, a line may have been crossed. I hope they don't fall out over this or how Matt and Marion have taken to ganging up on him. I don't really agree with Cal's viewpoints but I am always interested in hearing his opinions. And he isn't an ill-mannered, abrasive crackpot, unlike some of the conservatives that make it to the airwaves. I'd be sorry to see him go.

Yeh me too & I missed it. Interestingly, there is no podcast of this. To listen to it, you have to listen to the whole show to find it :confused:
    Is it on around 5.50pm (usual time)

EDIT - starts at 1 hour 10 minutes on playback on TodayFM app for TLW on Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭applehunter

Going through these kinds of PC Hoops is what ruins talk radio.

Marion McKeown appears as an impartial US observer on Marion Finnicane show on weekends.

Speaks a lot for where we are with our media.

Ah its not even July & we have stooped to an all time low on TLW already - a device to mind your sun lounger. Someone tell Matt that it will be pi$$ing out next week in Ireland and nobody cares about peoples woes on holiday :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

robo wrote: »
    Ah its not even July & we have stooped to an all time low on TLW already - a device to mind your sun lounger. Someone tell Matt that it will be pi$$ing out next week in Ireland and nobody cares about peoples woes on holiday :confused:

Is the device called a towel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Jesus Christ, where did they find this latest SJW. Not only is Toy Story 4 apparently racist, but it doesn't represent minority groups (such as disabled people) either. Radio is now off and I feel much better sitting in silence!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Think it's time for Matt to move on.

Friday evening and the first topic is about whether Toy Story 4 is racist or not because there are no black toys on it. Is there really an audience for this?

Friday evening and the first topic is about whether Toy Story 4 is racist or not because there are no black toys on it. Is there really an audience for this?

AHHERE2_teeshock_web.jpg?auto=format&fit=max&h=1000&w=1000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Blinky Plebum

Yes they really should have put a golliwog in the film, that would have been much more inclusive.

Yes they really should have put a golliwog in the film, that would have been much more inclusive.

Jennifer Gannon is having a heart attack reading the above.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

well as long as its a female golliwog.......

I'm glad I missed it today, I'd have been shouting at the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

NIMAN wrote: »
    I'm glad I missed it today, I'd have been shouting at the radio.

I feel like I ducked a bullet !

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

I turned her off yesterday. Just too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭applehunter

Matt Cooper is at the moderate level of the modern journalist.

Those that have come behind him are more radical and will keep pushing the agenda.

We have a gay president and gay Taoiseach, abortion on demand, Pride month is now endorsed by RTE, The Government, the GAA.....

and it's still not enough.

And they wonder why right wing movements are getting traction across Europe.

Advertisement