Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S. Dublin Six-a-Side

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭S.Dublin 6aside

Wednesday 7-8pm, UCD Patterson Pitch S2

1. Josh
    2. Vlad
    3. Colemania
    4. Greg
    5. Guile4582
    6. Officer999
    7. Laudrup1
    8. Frank
    9. Senor Fancy Pants
    10. Rosenallis
    11. Singer73
    12. Karlrocks23

Available
    1. tmc86
    2. Mgoraf

UCD Public Parking Map

Location on Google Maps

Patterson_Pitches_Map.png

Patterson_Pitches_Aerial_Map.png

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Raging i can't make it guys - have fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Il be there.

Fitness level isn't great tbh but should be ok. I'm kinda like Stephen Hawking taking his first steps.

Shure.....it's only week 1.

Il be there.

Fitness level isn't great tbh but should be ok. I'm kinda like Stephen Hawking taking his first steps.

Shure.....it's only week 1.

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I'm assuming there's signs up to say where pitch S2 is ya? Or do we just look for the guy with the fancy pants? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Karlrocks23

Couldn't have a nicer evening for a game :D

Colemania wrote: »
    I'm assuming there's signs up to say where pitch S2 is ya? Or do we just look for the guy with the fancy pants? :P

It's one big pitch divided into 4 parts. I'm assuming S2 is the second part in, but it shouldn't be too difficult!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Enjoy the game tonight lads.

Thanks to everyone who came along tonight. A very successful start I think.

In two weeks we have gone from an idea to 12 people playing the first game and a further 11 interested.

I will now try and get a regular slot for us. Thursday seems to be the most handy for the great majority. Things going well we can have a Tuesday game also.

Thanks lads.

Also.. looking forward to seeing Senor Fancy Pants clobber next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Singer73

So. Ronan is my name. I was the late coming keeper who couldn't stop shots. There was a Josh, a Shane, maybe another Shane. That's all I remember. Great fun. Looking forward to getting a bit more match fit.
    Next intro please

I was the other keeper who came a few minutes late and basically only stayed in goals because both legs cramped up half way through! Shows what a year without soccer does! Good craic anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Also.. looking forward to seeing Senor Fancy Pants clobber next time.

Balls! Pressure is on now :pac:

Good game lads, twas a nice run out there tonight.

Good pitch, good parking, good game, good organisation and a good bit of craic.

Fair play, i'll be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

should we need him I have a mate at work interested in playing too. (if location suits)

Would 8pm suit people a bit more? I left as early as I could once I got home from work and with traffic, I was about 5 minutes late. Obviously if the consensus is 7pm, I'll try my best to get there for 7 but no guarantees i'll be right on time every week, especially with bus strikes again next week!

Size wise, the astro was perfect. Goals were a grand size too. Surface isn't the best but i'm comparing it with the 4g astro turf I used to play on in UL in Limerick so not a fair comparison.

Also with about 22 people interested now, how do we decide which 12 are picked to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

afraid to say, i'm astro or bust. my knees can't handle hockey pitches. but healthy numbers anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Greg12345

Thanks to everyone who came along tonight. A very successful start I think.

In two weeks we have gone from an idea to 12 people playing the first game and a further 11 interested.

I will now try and get a regular slot for us. Thursday seems to be the most handy for the great majority. Things going well we can have a Tuesday game also.

Thanks lads.

Yeah that was good fun, Vlad and I stayed for another hour with the team that just came... i can barely walk now....

we will be missing the next week but definitely count us in for the week after next..

8 o clock would not be the worst change, may be more people can make to to that time

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Karlrocks23

8pm works for me too. I'm so easy with times.

With the 22 people interested, maybe we should arrange 2 games a week and spit the players that way? We're only 2 players off 2 separate 6v6 games. I'd say some people would be happy to play two games a week, others might only be free for 1. So it's about striking up a balance there.

I'd suggest a simple excel spreadsheet where people can commit to certain days/times (maybe put contact info etc too?) and we can go forward with making arrangements?

What do ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,319 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

flippin heck - I can't even get half a team together above in Malahide, Swords, Portmarnock and you f***ers have 22 :/

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Greg12345

lawred2 wrote: »
    flippin heck - I can't even get half a team together above in Malahide, Swords, Portmarnock and you f***ers have 22 :/

why dont you come over here and play with us

• Advertisement

8pm works for me too. I'm so easy with times.

With the 22 people interested, maybe we should arrange 2 games a week and spit the players that way? We're only 2 players off 2 separate 6v6 games. I'd say some people would be happy to play two games a week, others might only be free for 1. So it's about striking up a balance there.

I'd suggest a simple excel spreadsheet where people can commit to certain days/times (maybe put contact info etc too?) and we can go forward with making arrangements?

What do ye think?

Let's get a few weeks of games under our belts first, maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Chiliconkeni

Pter wrote: »
    Let's get a few weeks of games under our belts first, maybe?

Yeah agreed. I'll be there next week. Was good craic and decent standard.

Thanks Josh for organising it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I've been keeping an eye on this thread. I haven't played any sport in over 3 years due to injuries, and it must be about 4 years since I've played soccer. Hoping to get the all clear in the not too distant to start playing sport again so will definitely be interested in this when I do.

Great work by the man organising it :)

really recommend using teamer.net for organising team and attendance
    free and brilliant

Colemania wrote: »
    Would 8pm suit people a bit more? I left as early as I could once I got home from work and with traffic, I was about 5 minutes late. Obviously if the consensus is 7pm, I'll try my best to get there for 7 but no guarantees i'll be right on time every week, especially with bus strikes again next week!

Size wise, the astro was perfect. Goals were a grand size too. Surface isn't the best but i'm comparing it with the 4g astro turf I used to play on in UL in Limerick so not a fair comparison.

Also with about 22 people interested now, how do we decide which 12 are picked to go?

The way it works is first confirmed, first served.

Over time, once there is a core group, they will get preference or 'first refusal' if you will.

When do we start bagsie-ing for next week?

Bagsie!

Pter wrote: »
    When do we start bagsie-ing for next week?

Bagsie!

Well, one of the things is to have a venue everyone is happy with and then a day and time everyone is happy with.

UCD seemed to work well there yesterday. As we're still early doors, may as well stay there for the time being, we can shift to a better venue later if one is identified.

I'm going to ring them later about a regular slot. Fingers crossed we can get a good one. I will try for a block booking of Thursdays, 8-9 or 7-8.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Anytime next week on any day between Monday and Thursday wherever it is, stick me down!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Laudrup1

Whatever day at whatever time I am in Rob. Formerly Laudrup1 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Count me in for next Thursday

Advertisement