Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S. Dublin Six-a-Side

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Chiliconkeni

In for next week too. Wed or Thurs suits.
    Cheers,
    Frank

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

in for next thursday - but really not keen on hockey pitches long term

The only 4g pitches in UCD are the big rugby one and the GAA astro pitches - they usually have tag rugby on them, but we might get lucky....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I'm in for next week too. Preferably at 8 but I'll make try my best to make it for 7. I'll be a few minutes late at most

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

I'm on for a Tuesday night game if it turns out there could be two nights a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭wally79

guile4582 wrote: »
    in for next thursday - but really not keen on hockey pitches long term

The cages are ok if you can get one

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Chiliconkeni

wally79 wrote: »
    The cages are ok if you can get one

Cages are ****e imo, where we were was decent

CAGE FIGHT

Cages are ****e imo, where we were was decent

Are they the one with the really small pitches and small indoor sized goals? They're shocking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Cork Soccer SixaSide

Brilliant, fair play to OP and the rest of ye for getting the ball rolling! Never know, we might even have a boards.ie Dublin 6-A-Side v boards.ie Cork 6-A-Side meetup match at some point in the future if ye get this well established!

Best of luck with it anyway lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭S.Dublin 6aside

Hi lads,

Loving the enthusiasm but its best to wait until I can announce the next booking before confirming attendance!

I'm currently trying to sort out a block booking for Thursday nights but we might have to wait till first week of October to get the slot. Once we have it though, it will be ours :D !

We might have to stick with Weds in the interim (next two weeks) but I will keep ye up to date and announce the next game here as soon as I can!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭wally79

Colemania wrote: »
    Are they the one with the really small pitches and small indoor sized goals? They're shocking!

I guess it just comes down to preference....

........and accuracy if the goals are too small :p (joking)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Is Celbridge \ Clondalkin too far for people? THere is plenty of availibility in those venues

Tallaght too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Im in the Dun Laoghaire area.

I have no problem travelling up to 30 minutes for a regular game.

Time wise, unless it's at 8pm, UCD and Dundrum are probably the only options for me for a 7pm game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Yeh tallaght is a good shout aswell, there are loads of places with pitches in Tallaght besides Astro Park, Kilnamanagh community centre, Postal Club (up near the old mill) Roastone, Tallaght Leisure Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Officer999

Great game last night lads, very enjoyable. Cheers again to Josh for setting this up.
    Only gripe is the stopping of the play once the ball hits the side nets. Makes it a bit stop/start. Would prefer just to play on myself. But great game overall!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Cork Soccer SixaSide

Officer999 wrote: »
    Only gripe is the stopping of the play once the ball hits the side nets.

If you have lads competing for the ball off the net you can get some seriously nasty tumbles from getting snared up in it so using the net as the touchline keeps everyone that bit more safe.

• Advertisement

If you have lads competing for the ball off the net you can get some seriously nasty tumbles from getting snared up in it so using the net as the touchline keeps everyone that bit more safe.

the team I play with don't play out when it goes to the nets but the rule is "take it easy, let the guy get the ball out of the net and don't get into a hackfest with the other guy in them" :)
    works fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Also for sorting who's playing each week the best bet is post the 12 players names from the previous week in order and give them 2/3 days to confirm they are free and anyone who'd like to join then post "available" and if any of the first 12 aren't around then refer to that list

• Registered Users Posts: 11,705 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I found that teamer is the best tool to use as it makes it easier to confirm and pay and sometimes first come first served is better in tandem with teamer. Otherwise people just get fed up of waiting if they are way down a waiting list. Especially when it's only just kicking off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Teamer is a very good app, you can also vote for man of the match!

Alright lads, we have another game for next week, on Thursday this time...

I have entered the names to the list of those who were there this week. It's only fair they have first refusal. They will have to confirm to keep their spot.

If you are not in the list and want to play, let me know that you are available to play, and you will be put in as there are spaces available.

Thanks!

Thursday 7-8pm, UCD Patterson Pitch 3

1. Josh
    2. Vlad
    3. Colemania
    4. Guile4582
    5. Officer999
    6. Laudrup1
    7. Frank
    8. Senor Fancy Pants
    9. Rosenallis