Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radio nova

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭JimmyTClarke

guile4582 wrote: »
    is it yer man from Fair City who was the stand in during the summer? Eric Lalor?

yeah it's pretty tiring. that's Nova's MO it seems

I'm not sure, to be honest, Guile. It could very well be. However, it does appear to be the same guy as last year's 'Secret Santa' and I don't think Lalor was involved with Nova at that point.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

I'm already sick of Santa and his sack and his massive load. Such a terrible promo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Yeah, I'll give them that. Although a Dublin radio station brokering a deal with Ethiopian Airlines is very random, I must say.

not really. It's a new product and if anything, will generate interest in this new route to LAX from Dublin.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Listening to Alice Cooper there at the moment - a shame more of the programming isn't like this.

Crazy Crazy Nights (KISS), followed by Long Live Rock (The Who) Tie Your Mother Down (Queen) and Love Me Two Times (The Doors)

More please!

cdeb wrote: »
    Listening to Alice Cooper there at the moment - a shame more of the programming isn't like this.

Crazy Crazy Nights (KISS), followed by Long Live Rock (The Who) Tie Your Mother Down (Queen) and Love Me Two Times (The Doors)

More please!

I do enjoy Saturday Nights with Alice Cooper. He plays good tunes and the show is ever so tongue in cheek and doesn't take itself too seriously. I agree that it's a far superior show in comparison to most of Nova's regular output. However, as it's a syndicated show broadcast internationally, they wouldn't be held to the same rigid music policy that Nova's own presenters must adhere to (with the exception of Pat James).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I do enjoy Saturday Nights with Alice Cooper. He plays good tunes and the show is ever so tongue in cheek and doesn't take itself too seriously. I agree that it's a far superior show in comparison to most of Nova's regular output. However, as it's a syndicated show broadcast internationally, they wouldn't be held to the same rigid music policy that Nova's own presenters must adhere to (with the exception of Pat James).

Not forgetting John Clarke of course ;)

FanadMan wrote: »
    Not forgetting John Clarke of course ;)

Oh yeah, Mr. Biggest Jukebox. I forgot about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Funny the way they portray Conor as being the dope on the morning show when the truth be known he's a far more polished and knowledgeable presenter than MM.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Funny the way they portray Conor as being the dope on the morning show when the truth be known he's a far more polished and knowledgeable presenter than MM.

Ah yes, but its the MM show..."its MY ball"...:P

Has the app been working for anyone? From Mon evening it was only looping a bit of Alanis Morissette You Learn for about 12 hours. Now it doesn't even do that. I've tried it on two phones - one newest update and one really old. However, it works fine on TuneIn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,502 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Yeah, I'll give them that. Although a Dublin radio station brokering a deal with Ethiopian Airlines is very random, I must say.

They serve Dublin and advertise extensively here...

Listened to the morning show today, only because MM isnt on...expecting it to be better..no chance....same tripe being played, he must have to play Millers track list.....i think i heard 2 door cinema club twice....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,644 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Listened to the morning show today, only because MM isnt on...expecting it to be better..no chance....same tripe being played, he must have to play Millers track list.....i think i heard 2 door cinema club twice....:rolleyes:

You think the DJs pick the music......noted a few automation fails over the Christmas period - hopefully they are sorted now

Infoanon wrote: »
    You think the DJs pick the music......noted a few automation fails over the Christmas period - hopefully they are sorted now

No...but i think theyre picked to suit the DJ's taste in music..hence the sh1t in the mornings......:P

PJ picks his own i'd guess...hence the "tunes"...............:D

L1011 wrote: »
    They serve Dublin and advertise extensively here...

So I've been told. I honestly never heard of them (or seen their ads) until Nova mentioned them in the competition.

Can someone explain to me why a station would have an ad for itself on its own station with an actor loyal listener saying.."..i cant find anything to complain about..." bizarre..its like they think some people dont like the station..as if...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Can someone explain to me why a station would have an ad for itself on its own station with an actor loyal listener saying.."..i cant find anything to complain about..." bizarre..its like they think some people dont like the station..as if...:P

and one of the voices is a lady that regularly calls in to various phone shows across the dial - sheesh:confused:

Well done Nova. You broke your app. Now it doesn't play on Chrome, Firefox or IE. It was working on TuneIn but even that's dead :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

So I've been told. I honestly never heard of them (or seen their ads) until Nova mentioned them in the competition.

It's like, you know, advertising works :D:pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭Expunge

Mr. Brannigan of Nova says you people on Boards are all out to get them....

http://radiotoday.ie/2017/01/radio-nova-losses-climb-to-over-e5-million/

Take a look at the comments section and you'll come across this little whine from Mr. Brannigan:

"Fora is run by the same company that owns Boards.ie, who have a long-running vendetta against Nova, as can be seen, in part, by the vitriol their moderators allow to be posted about us by certain individuals on a daily basis."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭prunudo

Sounds like he's throwing his toys out of the pram. I would have said the Nova thread was one of the kinder ones in the radio section.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

the station has a serious identity crisis - hence why IMO it is losing listeners and comes in for what I would say is just criticism and fair comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,644 ✭✭✭Infoanon

the station has a serious identity crisis - hence why IMO it is losing listeners and comes in for what I would say is just criticism and fair comment.

Its not losing listeners - the jnlrs show that - and the station has a very clear identity unlike eg 98FM

Its not losing listeners - the jnlrs show that - and the station has a very clear identity unlike eg 98FM

walking on cars - disturbed - bob dylan - two door cinema club - extreme

walking on cars - disturbed - bob dylan - two door cinema club - extreme

Soppy...disturbing...legend.....soppy-lite.....not even dad-rock..:rolleyes:

this morning was pathetic. they were going on about Bowie's passing this time last year like it was 9/11 - where were you etc.

it would be interesting if anyone could statiscally show how much bowie they played in the 12 months previous, especially on the morning show (who are now all of sudden huge Bowie experts)

rant over..it's so fake and so forced

why do I listen? because in the car in the morning in between all the hipster bs it actually does play more music that the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

why do I listen? because in the car in the morning in between all the hipster bs it actually does play more music that the others.
    If you want to avoid the 'hipster bs' (it's more 'forced bantz' than anything tbh) I highly recommend Dublin City LiveDrive.
    Uptodate essential traffic reports, and quality tunes!
    See some of the playlists below:

http://amlivedrive.blogspot.ie/

Monday to Friday 7 - 10am on 103.2 Dublin City FM

Evening slot also:

http://pmlivedrive.blogspot.ie/
    Monday to Friday 4 - 7pm on 103.2 Dublin City FM

Care to tell us what it is.........:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 More Tea

The phrase "he doth protest too much" springs to mind when it comes to Brannigan. 5 million euros is a massive mountain to climb in any business landscape but in the shrinking Radio market it's Mount Everest.

If Nova or 4FM are still here in 2020 I'll be shocked.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,722 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Expunge wrote: »
    "Fora is run by the same company that owns Boards.ie, who have a long-running vendetta against Nova, as can be seen, in part, by the vitriol their moderators allow to be posted about us by certain individuals on a daily basis."

But this thread doesn't get posted in on a daily basis? :confused:

It's also probably the least vitriolic thread in this forum. He should see what they think of Joe Duffy.

Advertisement