Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newstalk Megathread 22/08/16 to date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,601 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

and watch his face drop.

Sounds like good radio.

WILL YIS P*SS OFF WITH YOUR F*CKIN KBC AD!!!

Every time I turn on the app - which turns itself off from time to time - I have to hear that stupid "I am what I am" ad even before the stream starts.

On top of the normal ads every ten minutes.

Just please turn it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Every time I turn on the app - which turns itself off from time to time - I have to hear that stupid "I am what I am" ad even before the stream starts.

I with you on that one Donie. And the concept that the bank wants you to be whatever you want to be and they will support you is a laugh. I'd doubt they are giving many mortgages to actors or that ridiculously over the top showtunes dame they have singing the song. You can be whatever you want... as long as that is a civil servant, accountant, or teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

I with you on that one Donie. And the concept that the bank wants you to be whatever you want to be and they will support you is a laugh. I'd doubt they are giving many mortgages to actors or that ridiculously over the top showtunes dame they have singing the song. You can be whatever you want... as long as that is a civil servant, accountant, or teacher.

24yrs old and STILL relevent today.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,237 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Anyone else getting white noise in place of NT on Sky?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

The Ted radio hour has to be one the worst radio shows I've ever heard. Can anyone here actually say they enjoy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

The cult of Ted. What ever happened to being a rational, reasonable person.

Ivan is back!

Sadly, on Sunday mornings only.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    WILL YIS P*SS OFF WITH YOUR F*CKIN KBC AD!!!

On top of the normal ads every ten minutes.

Just please turn it off.

Donie if your using Android there is a radio app called Radio Ireland. Its a million times better than Newstalk app. Way more stable.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/radio/ivan-yates-is-back-on-the-airwaves-with-a-return-to-newstalk-35437279.html
    Ivan is back!

For now anyway but I suspect he'll be persuaded to resume a weekly slot before too long...their biggest asset by a mile.

• Advertisement

Donie if your using Android there is a radio app called Radio Ireland. Its a million times better than Newstalk app. Way more stable.

Great, thank you. I'd given up on it, was driving me nuts.

Ivan is back!

Goin up against Marion !

Now that could be fun

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭touts

100 day trip of a lifetime around the US and Canada and a similar one in the works around Europe.

Not bad for a man who is technically unemployed and bankrupt. There'll be a few of his former banks/suppliers/employees/landlords and their lawyers perking their ears up at that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

What's up with the poxy reception lately?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

kneemos wrote: »
    What's up with the poxy reception lately?

I'm in Waterford and a few times the signal has disappeared at around lunchtime, replaced by a "scrunching" racket which as I type is ongoing.

I'm in Waterford and a few times the signal has disappeared at around lunchtime, replaced by a "scrunching" racket which as I type is ongoing.

Emailed them last week and they were very interested and helpful,sending out their best man to Mt Leinster the next morning apparently. Improved for a bit but gone now completely here as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Hook always sounds like that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

One has to question the timing of the health segment on Hooks show. Monday about 1.20 they start discussing some really manky stuff. last week they were discussing piles and how uncomfortable they can be and how to treat properly. At lunchtime, while people are eating/have just eaten.

So another NT show has now been switched off permanently by me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Emailed them last week and they were very interested and helpful,sending out their best man to Mt Leinster the next morning apparently. Improved for a bit but gone now completely here as well.

Barely listenable again last night,just gave up on it in the end.Reception in SE. since last week is terrible.

gimmick wrote: »
    One has to question the timing of the health segment on Hooks show. Monday about 1.20 they start discussing some really manky stuff. last week they were discussing piles and how uncomfortable they can be and how to treat properly. At lunchtime, while people are eating/have just eaten.

So another NT show has now been switched off permanently by me :rolleyes:

I've whinged about this in the Hook thread a few times.

It's mind boggling. Who wants to hear questions a GP gets asked while they're tucking in to their chicken roll?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Didnt realise there was a Hook thread.

zerks wrote: »
    Barely listenable again last night,just gave up on it in the end.Reception in SE. since last week is terrible.

Send a complaint to Feedback. Might get their finger out if enough people annoy them. http://www.newstalk.com/contact

Might be alone in this view but it's pretty disappointing how little coverage there has been of the elections in the north (this Thursday!). They were all over the DUP saga / resignation of Martin McGuinness but apart from a short slot on Pat Kenny today I don't think I have heard anything else.

There isn't a lot of enthusiasm in the north either but it's pretty bloody important who we have to negotiate Brexit with.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Might be alone in this view but it's pretty disappointing how little coverage there has been of the elections in the north (this Thursday!). They were all over the DUP saga / resignation of Martin McGuinness but apart from a short slot on Pat Kenny today I don't think I have heard anything else.

There isn't a lot of enthusiasm in the north either but it's pretty bloody important who we have to negotiate Brexit with.

Brexit will be negotiated with London, not the glorified county council that is Stormont. Also, I doubt our elections get wall-to-wall coverage on northern stations either.

Yep,reackon you're alone. Any Brexit negotiations will be with the EU I'd have though?

Real business will be done after the election

Brexit will be negotiated with London, not the glorified county council that is Stormont. Also, I doubt our elections get wall-to-wall coverage on northern stations either.

I didn't suggest wall to wall coverage or anything close to it but I'd expect something more than a 5 min interview on Pat Kenny with Brexit around the corner.

It'll likely be returned with the status quo but my feeling from spending a lot of time north of the border (a largely unionist area as it happens) is the DUP are more unpopular than the polls suggest and they may be hit harder than predicted.

While I agree with you about London, I'd rather Arleene Foster wasn't in on any discussions relating to our border.

Yep,reackon you're alone. Any Brexit negotiations will be with the EU I'd have though?

Good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,525 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Jonathan Healy's report on scandals within Catholic Church was fairly harrowing. Well put together though.

• Advertisement

Ads are running now on the station for Yates new show.

its starting this sunday (april 2nd) at 11 am.

tough slot if you aske me. Sunday is the "serious" slot on marion. if he had the show at 11am on a Sat he'd kick her ass as its all soft focus luvvie stuff.

still cant fault the lad for trying to put it up to the competition. god knows he's gotta be better than todayfms output and i dont think i ever listened to healys show of the same time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement