Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAIGE thread (and her retirement)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Sad news about Paige if true.

While I don't blame Sasha as these things can happen, it's unfortunate that she is involved. Always felt she could be reckless at times towards her own well being never mind others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Sad news about Paige if true.

While I don't blame Sasha as these things can happen, it's unfortunate that she is involved. Always felt she could be reckless at times towards her own well being never mind others.

Just seeing the news now, if accurate I feel bad for her, it always seems to be one thing after another and just when it looks like she’s getting back on track something else happens.

Just scoped out Sasha's Instagram as someone pointed out the abuse being thrown at her. Jesus there are some very disturbed people out there. That, or trolls pretending to be Paige Fangirls and Fanboys.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Sasha can be sloppy but generally it's at her own expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

To be honest I'm surprised Sasha's career isn't over as well with some of the stupid crazy back and neck bumps she takes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

She may put herself at risk but I'd doubt (could be wrong) that Paige would hold it against Sasha and if she doesn't blame her nobody should.

Absolution to be a tag team with Paige as their mouth piece going forward I guess. Might open up another surprise entrant spot in the rumble too

I doubt as many female wrestlers her age would be in as good a position as Paige was when this happened. Thankfully she is still under contract for a while yet and has her movie coming

• Registered Users Posts: 39,624 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've rewatched the video of the injury of Paige during the tag match with Sasha, and it's a kick to the back which I'm sure has happened millions of times in a wrestling ring. It just looks like a freak accident.

Has anyone else seen the reports that her injury is similar to what edge had ? If that's true then it's easy to see why they won't allow her to wrestle again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Similar to when Daniel Bryan returned & was getting half nelson suplexes for fun why after returning from a year out with a neck injury did they think it was a good idea doing that spot.
    It's hardly surprising when you see them doing moves that land at awkward angles & the Women's champion can't even do a convincing bump for a dropkick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

While there is something to the idea that Sasha may have been a tad reckless, the point has to be made that if one minor whiplash was going to end her career, it was surely only a matter of time anyway. I don't absolve Sasha but this is not a D-Lo-Droz or Owen-Austin situation where one party's recklessness was solely responsible for the others physical circumstances thereafter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Monokne wrote: »
    While there is something to the idea that Sasha may have been a tad reckless, the point has to be made that if one minor whiplash was going to end her career, it was surely only a matter of time anyway. I don't absolve Sasha but this is not a D-Lo-Droz or Owen-Austin situation where one party's recklessness was solely responsible for the others physical circumstances thereafter.

Reminds me of Tyson Kidd and Joe..... freak accident

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Accident yes, but likely to lead to an instruction to not do something anymore.

Even Rey Mysterio had to change his set up for 619 after what happened to Perro (RIP).

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Very sad for Paige. She's had a wretched twelve months. I do find Sasha reckless at times but I wouldn't place any blame on her for this. I think if it wasn't her it was going to be someone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Or maybe she failed another drug test and this is the excuse...
    SATURDAY, JANUARY 13, 2018
    Blind Item #1
    In a way it is really nice of this athletic/entertainment company to let this performer save face by giving an excuse for leaving the company. On the other hand, maybe if they announced the performer failed another drug test it would help the performer get the help they need.

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2018/01/blind-item-1_13.html?m=1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Well that source is iron clad, I'm sold! :)

Well she is a well known drug user and has failed the test before, with a movie coming out this would be the best thing to do. Maybe true maybe not, but that guy is usually on the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

She must be like Henry the Hoover..

She certainly does suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Pumping colgent into her lips would that be deemed drug use because you would want to be off your head to do that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

DM_7 wrote: »
    Accident yes, but likely to lead to an instruction to not do something anymore.

Even Rey Mysterio had to change his set up for 619 after what happened to Perro (RIP).

How has he changed it? I don't think I've seen him do it since that accident.

• Advertisement

Well she is a well known drug user and has failed the test before, with a movie coming out this would be the best thing to do. Maybe true maybe not, but that guy is usually on the money.

Genuine question....what other info has he scooped and are any wrestling related? You'd have to forgive someone for seeing the source and being dubious!!

I'd doubt the claim purely because this is meant to be career ending, so why would Paige go along with that story if she can just go somewhere else to wrestle.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Angron wrote: »
    How has he changed it? I don't think I've seen him do it since that accident.

I believe he is very careful about how he dropkicks the opponent from behind, goes for a lower kick, to the back of the legs and butt instead of the back.

Genuine question....what other info has he scooped and are any wrestling related? You'd have to forgive someone for seeing the source and being dubious!!

I'd doubt the claim purely because this is meant to be career ending, so why would Paige go along with that story if she can just go somewhere else to wrestle.

Oh I dunno, he's just the guy that broke the Harvey Weinstein/Kevin Spacey stuff...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5147165/The-gossip-site-exposed-Weinstein-Lauer-years-ago.html

Oh I dunno, he's just the guy that broke the Harvey Weinstein/Kevin Spacey stuff...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5147165/The-gossip-site-exposed-Weinstein-Lauer-years-ago.html

Ah right. So much for Ronan Farrow. Would still be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was just thinking about Paige (I know that's probably not the best opening statement to say about a woman).
    They acknowledged her injury on Raw and it was the excuse she wasn't taking part in the Rumble. But when was the last time they had an injured superstar at ringside like that? Like she was out there as if everything was okay. Usually any injuries involve the person being off tv. Or maybe they're just when surgery is required.
    So are they saying this injury is one where all it needs is time?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was just thinking about Paige (I know that's probably not the best opening statement to say about a woman).
    They acknowledged her injury on Raw and it was the excuse she wasn't taking part in the Rumble. But when was the last time they had an injured superstar at ringside like that? Like she was out there as if everything was okay. Usually any injuries involve the person being off tv. Or maybe they're just when surgery is required.
    So are they saying this injury is one where all it needs is time?

Think they are just avoiding saying what this injury needs. Probably don't want to officially retire her unless they have to and want to give her (and the absolution angle) time before saying something like the injury will equal in ring retirement for her.

Usually the WWE wont have an injured superstar out there but if they have someone under contract and they aren't hinting they may wrestle then they don't seem to consider them an injured wrestler more so just someone akin to a manager there to add an extra dimension to the show.

Daniel Bryan for example would be a similar case as far as the WWE are concerned. His injuries mean they won't allow him compete but they regularly have him at ringside or officiating despite this.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,624 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It seems that Alberto has apologised to triple h and has blamed Paige and her family(well he says my ex partner and her family) for the issues between them. He's also open to the idea of coming back to WWE.

I see that Carmella has given old big cass the sack.

If I never see Alberto again, it will be too soon. He's absolute dirt. He's about as exciting as Baron Corbin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

ADR is a piece of **** to wait until she gets a career ending injury to start dripping negative stories about her on the off chance they’ll take him back. He can **** off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

both as bad as each other imo

Advertisement