Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAIGE thread (and her retirement)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,677 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Man you would have to feel for Del Rio being caught in an abusive relationship especially when everyone believed he was the abuser.

You just never know but I guess there are plenty of men out there who are being abused by there other half but don't come forward because of stigma.

You'd swear Alberto is a Saint and a poor misfortune who has never done anything wrong.

Ah Alberto is twice the size of paige. She's hardly going to be beating him up for Jaysus sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,430 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    You'd swear Alberto is a Saint and a poor misfortune who has never done anything wrong.

Ah Alberto is twice the size of paige. She's hardly going to be beating him up for Jaysus sake.

That is the reason why men who are abused by women don't come forward or are not believed when they do attitudes like that.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

That's a bit dismissive; as an aside, Ireland don't even have official domestic abuse figures for men. Whilst female abuse is far, far more common, it's said to be about 6% for men (physical/mental/sexual abuse).

Nobody knows how the relationship with Paige & Del Rio is outside of themselves and maybe some close relatives, but from everything we've seen their relationship is toxic. Hopefully it's all blown out of proportion...

That is the reason why men who are abused by women don't come forward or are not believed when they do attitudes like that.

What attitude ? I never said it was right for there to be issues of domestic abuse from either Paige or Alberto. My point was that in wrestling it has tended to be male wrestlers who have had issues with domestic violence. I wasn't trying to say that domestic abuse by women towards men doesn't happen. It does and it's wrong regardless of who is doing it.

I apologise if my post was taken to mean otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,042 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Sure look at WWE they stopped Drew McIntyre’s chosen one push after his ex wife was charged with battering him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Sure look at WWE they stopped Drew McIntyre’s chosen one push after his ex wife was charged with battering him.

Wasn't he in 3mb at that time?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Wasn't he in 3mb at that time?

No, it was long before 3MB. But there wasn't necessarily a direct correlation between the problems with Taryn and his push being killed. They just pushed him too early and it didn't really take.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,124 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Reddit is convinced she's wasting away due to cocaine...

https://twitter.com/Artvelascor/status/888900434882052097

I think it's just an unflattering dress.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah she doesn't look good in that photo but just from looking at her instagram there's some pics of her from last month and she doesn't look as thin in those.

I think it's a bit of an overreaction to say she's wasting away due to cocaine, but she does look thin in that pic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

J. Marston wrote: »
    Reddit is convinced she's wasting away due to cocaine...

https://twitter.com/Artvelascor/status/888900434882052097

I think it's just an unflattering dress.

Side by Side comparison, ain't no way that it's the dress that's unflattering.

20246509_743140879144413_1965486356867491862_n.jpg?oh=d5652eb622eeedcaf370ec4394b5d414&oe=5A10E866

I think it's a bit of an overreaction to say she's wasting away due to cocaine, but she does look thin in that pic.

Well loss of appetite is one of the short term effects of coke use, malnutrition and weight loss being 2 of the longer term effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

She's skin and bone in that picture.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Side by Side comparison, ain't no way that it's the dress that's unflattering.

20246509_743140879144413_1965486356867491862_n.jpg?oh=d5652eb622eeedcaf370ec4394b5d414&oe=5A10E866

Wow seeing it side by side doesn't help the 2017 picture.

Her wrestling gear pushes her boobs up. For lack of a better phrase, it makes her chest look flesh-ier.

That dress flattens and spreads her boobs. She's thinner but I don't think it's as severe as some think.

There's flat boobs, but going by the 2017 photo, Paige's are non existent. That's what my eyes are seeing anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Her wrestling gear pushes her boobs up. For lack of a better phrase, it makes her chest look flesh-ier.

That dress flattens and spreads her boobs. She's thinner but I don't think it's as severe as some think.

Right now it looks like she has nothing to push up. She doesn't seem at a healthy weight at all at the moment.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lord TSC wrote: »
    There's flat boobs, but going by the 2017 photo, Paige's are non existent. That's what my eyes are seeing anyways.

Well it looks like I was wrong..

See, just a horrible dress.

*Snaps fingers sassily*

• Advertisement

Further plot twists ahoy.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0719/628305/paige-possibly-facing-battery-charges-and-wwe-suspension/
    Paige is potentially facing charges from the domestic violence incident with GFW World Heavyweight Champion Alberto El Patron at the Orlando International Airport back on July 9th, according to new reports by Pro Wrestling Sheet and F4Wonline.com. Orlando Police detectives have reportedly found probable cause to charge the former WWE Divas Champion with domestic battery. The evidence has been forwarded to the state attorney's office for review and they will decide if charges need to be brought against Paige.

Arrest warrant issued.

https://www.prowrestlingtimes.com/single-post/2017/07/25/Arrest-Warrant-Issued-For-Paige-Following-Airport-Incident
    A rep for the Orlando PD tells us that they informed the San Antonio PD of this, who in response, issued a warrant for her arrest, where charges will officially be brought against her.

So that's another WWE suspension if they stick to their domestic abuse policy...
    WWE has zero tolerance for matters involving domestic violence, child abuse and sexual assault. Upon arrest for such misconduct, a WWE talent will be immediately suspended. Upon conviction for such misconduct, a WWE talent will be immediately terminated.

I think she'll be released this time though.

So that's another WWE suspension if they stick to their domestic abuse policy...

I think she'll be released this time though.

Yeah, it's definitely bye bye for Paige..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Can she be suspended if she's not active?
    Come to think of it, what s her situation? Like she's not making appearances for them, is she? Are they just paying her the bare minimum to keep her in contract?

Would not be sure of that. They do not want to release her. They want her under contract when the movie is released. The company has lot of money tied in with that and one would think that as 7 Bucks are co-producers, Dwayne wouldn't want her cut either.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,430 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Her visa will be terminated now if I'm guessing.

Monokne wrote: »
    Would not be sure of that. They do not want to release her. They want her under contract when the movie is released. The company has lot of money tied in with that and one would think that as 7 Bucks are co-producers, Dwayne wouldn't want her cut either.

And you know this how exactly? I think having someone convicted of domestic abuse on their books is a PR nightmare Vince and company would want to avoid, regardless of the film.

And you know this how exactly? I think having someone convicted of domestic abuse on their books is a PR nightmare Vince and company would want to avoid, regardless of the film.

From the Wrestling Observer. Also, umm...it is not absolutely blindingly obvious?

Does the fact that she has not been released by now not make it glaringly obvious? Can you name anyone an undercard talent who's failed multiple drug tests, outwardly disagreed with company policy, appeared ringside on opposing company's TV shows, breached their contract by being in the ring at indy shows, and brought a CONSTANT barrage of negative publicity on herself and the company just kept them on board, paying them every week?

With the greatest of respect, it's not rocket science.

And that's me expertly shut down..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Monokne wrote: »
    From the Wrestling Observer. Also, umm...it is not absolutely blindingly obvious?

Does the fact that she has not been released by now not make it glaringly obvious? Can you name anyone an undercard talent who's failed multiple drug tests, outwardly disagreed with company policy, appeared ringside on opposing company's TV shows, breached their contract by being in the ring at indy shows, and brought a CONSTANT barrage of negative publicity on herself and the company just kept them on board, paying them every week?

With the greatest of respect, it's not rocket science.
    Failed multiple drug tests when?

Advertisement