Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAIGE thread (and her retirement)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Paige and Alberto are like watching a car crash personified

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

God damn it, if he'd waited 24 hours, I'd have been there :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Clearly not a healthy relationship. Hasn't there been reports and pictures of both of them with cuts and bruises etc, random "altercation" reports?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,677 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Pentecost wrote: »
    Clearly not a healthy relationship. Hasn't there been reports and pictures of both of them with cuts and bruises etc, random "altercation" reports?

Well Paige has had bruises. I've not heard about Alberto having cuts or bruises.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Please leave us alone?

Stop tweeting and instagramming every meaningless thing that happens in your life then.

God damn celebrities.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

They are trash.

They are trash.

I wouldn't use the word trash but I do think that Paige is very impressionable and immature for he age. I mean Alexa bliss and Sasha banks are similar in age to Paige yet we don't see this kind of behaviour from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I wouldn't use the word trash but I do think that Paige is very impressionable and immature for he age. I mean Alexa bliss and Sasha banks are similar in age to Paige yet we don't see this kind of behaviour from them.

He's damn near old enough to be her father, and should know how to handle himself better, but he looks to have quite the short fuse. From the outside it has all the hallmarks of a volatile and probably toxic relationship. I can only imagine the eventual outcome because i genuinely think she is not the full shilling either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Definitely a case of too much at a early age for Paige. Alexa and Sasha seem to come from stable families and love what they do, it always felt to me that Paige was forced into the business rather then out of love by her dad, plus it was a easy route for her to make some money. She should be a warning study for anyone getting in the wrestling business at a young age and for WWE to probably wait on pushing young stars early in their careers.

Her family seem to want to milk her success so I'm not shocked they haven't done anything. But WWE need to step in and help Paige cause Alberto is clearly off the rails and for a 40 something year old man that's scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Well Paige has had bruises. I've not heard about Alberto having cuts or bruises.

Other than that one time he was STABBED and gave authorities and media multiple different conflicting stories about what happened...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

sky88 wrote: »

Going by the Whitney Houston and Amy Winehouse mentions I think the reports of them loving the nose candy have some truth

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Going by the Whitney Houston and Amy Winehouse mentions I think the reports of them loving the nose candy have some truth

While that is probably true, I think the references is more to do with the fact they were both in very controlling relationships.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It seems like he gets off on the power he has over her, while she is terrified of being by herself. I don't think either will end it unless they are willing to change their mindset.

This is going to end up very badly.

Was there not rumours that she was on the cocaine ?

Sad to see, the girl needs help. She seems very messed up. The signs were there from the leaked videos that shes a bit tapped

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

He's a disgrace first and foremost, leaving his wife and kids before taking up with a troubled woman 15 years his junior.

Behaving like a drunken teenager on social media.

He'd want to cop on big time. Too old to be playing these silly games.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The witness to the Alberto/Paige altercation has spoken out. Nicked from Reddit's Squared Circle, interview here http://heavy.com/sports/2017/07/alberto-del-rio-paige-domestic-abuse-incident-witness-uncle-cocaine/
    The woman claims that the two were arguing, with Paige screaming that Del Rio had been “doing coke for two-days straight” and called him “abusive.”

While Paige claimed that she and Patron called the police on the woman after she threw a drink on him, the witness claims that “none of that happened,” adding that Paige screamed, “You’re so abusive to me” to Patron during their argument.

At one point, Patron said, “Check her bag, she’s got all the coke in it, it’s all hers,” the witness claims.

The witness admits to discreetly attempting to take pictures of Paige as she walked and talked on the phone until she was noticed. Paige walked back into the restaurant and then came back out, arguing with a “soaked Patron.” The witness continued, adding that Paige started to yell at Patron, stating “He was soaked and she was saying, ‘You’re such an abusive husband, I hate you. You’ve ruined my life, you’ve ruined my career.’”

In regards to what may have started the argument, the witness stated that Patron said inflammatory comments about one of Paige’s family members, adding “From what I gather, he said something like, ‘I hope your f***ing uncle dies tomorrow, and grabs her wrist because he was mad she was on the phone for so long. They wanted to leave, so he got mad and grabbed her wrist. She got upset and threw water on him and she ran out.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,123 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It is only one person's account and there's no footage but it's believable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

If it was just the text version, I'd say it's 50-50 and just as likely the fan was lying as it reads like a made-up Paige/ADR story. But the audio footage, pictures and the fact the fan knew about Paige's sick uncle before she tweeted about him is fairly damning.

And Alberto's been suspended indefinitely by GFW.
    Global Force Wrestling has indefinitely suspended Alberto El Patron, effective immediately, until the investigation is resolved following a recent incident in Orlando, Florida.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    And Alberto's been suspended indefinitely by GFW.

And he is their heavyweight champion. Absolute disaster for them

ricero wrote: »
    And he is their heavyweight champion. Absolute disaster for them

Yeah giving Alberto the championship was a bad idea. But sure hindsight's alway 20/20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Only glimmer of light out of this is if Paige can get her life together and return to WWE, the crowd would be 100% behind her. It could bring her anti gimmick to another level.

If it wasn't for that movie coming out, she'd have been fired months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

If it wasn't for that movie coming out, she'd have been fired months ago.

Pretty much, she knows she's got some bargaining tool with this film seen as WWE have backed it. Add in not wanting to end up on bad terms with The Rock, plus if it's a critical and commercial hit, it be good for WWE. So I'm sure they bide their time with her.

But Film aside, what has she bought to the table in the last two years, for me I always thought her in ring work was overrated and her promo work isn't great. I think once that Women's revolution thing came along, the likes of Charlotte and Sasha stole her thunder. Even before they came along, her heart hasn't been in wrestling more into things outside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

You also have to keep in mind the fact she's young, in both age and maturity. Drugs aside, I know I was a fool in many ways at 24, it's kinda what your 20's are for. So I imagine there's somewhat of a duty of care sense within WWE as they have employed her since she was around 18, i.e. all of her adult life. Sacking her and then the possibility of her going full Whitney Houston (drugs, abusive relationship etc) would weigh on them so I don't think it's a case of their chomping at the bit to do so. It's clear to see the girl is troubled, even before this latest story broke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

The girl needs help. Plain and simple. So does he, probably. As Leggo says, she's 24. Fame and money affect different people in different ways. It seems pretty clear her upbringing wasn't exactly stable judging by what you hear and read from and about her family. Throw that into the mix with all this so young, it's dangerous. For every Sasha Banks who seems to be well adjusted and take to this life handily, you get someone who goes off the rails, like Paige. Look at Jon Jones in UFC, for example.

Advertisement