Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAIGE thread (and her retirement)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,122 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Doesn't WWE offer drug rehab programs to all wrestlers, current and former? The help is there if she wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

J. Marston wrote: »
    Doesn't WWE offer drug rehab programs to all wrestlers, current and former? The help is there if she wants it.

Only she can get the help if she wants it. It may be only a matter of time beofre she seeks help or something bad happens.

I think she needs a long break away from wrestling and the spotlight. I have a feeling she wont be out of the spotlight until this film is out of the way even if she spilts from Alberto. She needs minding, though I fear she has no one stable to look after her.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,428 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Only she can get the help if she wants it. It may be only a matter of time beofre she seeks help or something bad happens.

I think she needs a long break away from wrestling and the spotlight. I have a feeling she wont be out of the spotlight until this film is out of the way even if she spilts from Alberto. She needs minding, though I fear she has no one stable to look after her.

I have a feeling even if she did decide to do that and return home to her family for support they would just use her to promote their own wrestling business.

I have a feeling even if she did decide to do that and return home to her family for support they would just use her to promote their own wrestling business.

Oh, I never said she should return to her family, bunch of morons the lot of them. She needs someone who actually cares about her.

Oh, I never said she should return to her family, bunch of morons the lot of them. She needs someone who actually cares about her.

That's her problem there doesn't seem to be any genuine people in her life.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Moving all the Del Rio/Paige stuff to this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,669 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

That's her problem there doesn't seem to be any genuine people in her life.

And that's the problem I see for Paige. I mean if most of the WWE talent were going through a rough patch they have family near them or friends near them that they can turn to. From what I can see Paige's family will make Facebook posts about how worried they are for her but that's not enough. I also think the people she was close with in WWE have become less close due to her behaviour at times towards them and not being on the road.

I think del Rio was her way of not feeling lost. That's my take on it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    And that's the problem I see for Paige. I mean if most of the WWE talent were going through a rough patch they have family near them or friends near them that they can turn to. From what I can see Paige's family will make Facebook posts about how worried they are for her but that's not enough. I also think the people she was close with in WWE have become less close due to her behaviour at times towards them and not being on the road.

I think del Rio was her way of not feeling lost. That's my take on it anyway.

I do think her Family are a problem, without her they would still be a struggling company. They are now a successful British Indie that are able to call in some big names, and are having a film made on them. No way will her Dad (who I think is a big problem) let his cash cow go away that easy.

If you followed her on Instagram over the years, she one of the few women wrestlers that didn't seem to me to hang out that much with other female wrestlers (been on Total Diva's doesn't count) even before the whole downward spiral began, most of the women wrestlers seem to get along and you rarely ever hear of any trouble.There are always a pair who are really closer then to others (example Becky/Charlotte are really tight), but Paige never seemed that tight with anyone (She seemed cool with Emma for a while but that seemed to fade off).

She seemed more tight with non Wrestlers. There was stories that she had a bit of a Diva attitude behind the scenes and a few of the women locker room leaders pulled her up about it. I don't think it's just a case with her recent behaviour been the main reason, I just don't think she's ever been that close to any of Women talent in WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I also think the people she was close with in WWE have become less close due to her behaviour at times towards them and not being on the road.

This could be the nail on the head: people who are your best mates one day will go missing the second that they feel that being close to you may be detrimental to their career. It's why you see so many wrestlers out there absolutely snowball whereas in so-called 'normal' walks of life there'd be some kind of intervention mechanism built-in to catch them when they fall. In wrestling you can so easily go the other way because those bonds aren't there and that makes the problem worse.

All speculation of course, there's no way to truly know the full story, but I'd say there's something to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

If her family are that worried why aren't they going to her? She needs help. When I heard about the sex tapes and leaked images of her I didn't think much of her. Then I remembered her age and reconsidered my opinion of her. She's still very young and has unfortunately made some horrible choices. When I was her age I did incredibly stupid stuff. You think at that age you're a proper adult, that nothing will get to you. The company you keep at that point in your life is also important. Alberto is too old for her. Maybe a normal man of her own age group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

I think too much is made of the sex tapes. I don't think there is anything wrong with people wanting to do that stuff in their own time, and I say this having done it a few times in my youth. Horny men and women in their 20's are gonna do what they're gonna do. There's nothing wrong with it. Given her celebrity, it was naive but if her only crime is naivity, she deserves pity rather than judgement.

I mostly disagree with the theories around wrestling being a culture that leads to less of a bond. I believe in years past that would've been true but nowadays there's less to that and it seems to be a very friendly culture in the locker room. I've been around people who get into these toxic relationships where the dynamic is such that both parties are bad for the other and they become increasingly isolated from those close to them because they have a sense of embarrassment at the chaos that is their life, and your closest friends are going to see and likely comment on that stuff, which you can see in how she's distanced from her family.

Anyway, off to the bookstore psychology forum with me now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

I don't see how anyone can be mad/angry at Paige at the tapes. She was an adult enjoying herself. It's the person who leaks the tape that we should be angry at. It's nice to say "it's not a big deal" but can only imagine the pain those tapes being released caused her.

We don't know what's going on with the family or if they are or are not helping. Sometimes people push away those that try to help them at these times sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Paige has absolutely no luck.

Another tape is due to be leaked soon. Screencaps have circulated already

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Its not luck, its down to the people she trusts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Maddox again?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Isn't it a phone hacking deal? Like the same that happened many celebs? Charlotte and Alexa were hit too weren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Maddox again?

I wouldn't be surprised. :mad:

Phone hacks are no one's fault. My wife trusts me but that doesn't mean I can control who hacks my phone!

Monokne wrote: »
    Phone hacks are no one's fault. My wife trusts me but that doesn't mean I can control who hacks my phone!

But thats if it is actually hacking. Im basing this one my own crack pot theory, but Brad Maddox himself could be leaking the vids. (In this case at least)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

But thats if it is actually hacking. Im basing this one my own crack pot theory, but Brad Maddox himself could be leaking the vids. (In this case at least)

I think it's a bit unfair on Maddox to blame him without proof but based on what her brother and Del Rio have said about him, he doesn't appear to be an angel.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

leggo wrote: »
    Isn't it a phone hacking deal? Like the same that happened many celebs? Charlotte and Alexa were hit too weren't they?

Seems to be that the iCloud is easy enough to crack into; its not that Maddox had pictures of Charlotte (I don't think Alexa was hit) too. Its just celebs trusting a piece of software that, time and again, has proven untrustworthy.

The fact that its not just Paige and Charlotte, but a variety of celebs, would make me think he's as much a victim as she is in this. I saw a load of celebs had stuff dropped over the last few days. Sarah Hyland had some private pictures leaked of her with another girl, Kym Marsh had some that were obviously for her husband.

Again I say, its trusting a piece of software with a long track record of being easy to crack into :/

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    I think it's a bit unfair on Maddox to blame him without proof but based on what her brother and Del Rio have said about him, he doesn't appear to be an angel.

I just think its possible that he is possible. Its just my own theory. Im just always spectical of celebs using the hacked excuse. I know the cloud was the problem for celebs a few years ago but to not take steps to prevent a hack in 2017 if your in the public eye is silly.

Another theory could be Paige is releasing it herself. It wouldnt be out of the relms of possibility. Shes obviously very troubled. I domnt think this is the case though.

It may not ber fault or Maddoxs, but being hacked is preventable.

For it to be Maddox, you'd have to believe he had and leaked the videos at the exact same time as all the hacks that resulted in Kaitlyn, Charlotte and Melinas pics leaking, and you'd also have to believe Woods had provided him the video from his phone that was also leaked.

Also, he had nothing to gain from or leaking.

Other than that. Yeah maybe ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,122 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

When it rains, it pours...
    Pro Wrestling Sheet has confirmed that police have determined Paige should be charged with battery in regards to the airport incident involving Alberto El Patron … but it’s up to the State Attorney’s office to make a final decision.

A rep for the Orlando PD tells us, “OPD detectives have found that probable cause exists to charge Saraya Bevis with Battery (Domestic Violence). Detectives have sent the information to the State Attorney’s Office for review and the SAO will determine whether to file charges in the case.”

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/paige-police-suggest-charged-airport/#.WW-aP0GJzaE.twitter

I can't see her getting convicted though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

I'm not up on legal but can't Del Rio just say he's not pressing charges? I know that would have its limits depending on the severity of the crime, and while domestic battery is absolutely something to take seriously, I still would have thought it's one of those things that depends on the victim whether they want to pursue....that's certainly how TV portrays it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

May depend on what other evidence they have aside from a statement from Del Rio. Chances are it'll get dropped though or bumped down to breach of the peace or something.

Many states don't allow the alleged victim to decide on charges in domestic battery and the like.

Man you would have to feel for Del Rio being caught in an abusive relationship especially when everyone believed he was the abuser.

You just never know but I guess there are plenty of men out there who are being abused by there other half but don't come forward because of stigma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The girl is crazy. She reeks of chav scum.

Could she be deported if charged and found guilty ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,669 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

ricero wrote: »
    The girl is crazy. She reeks of chav scum.

Could she be deported if charged and found guilty ?
    She's not a dual citizen of Britain and the USA as far as I know so it's possible maybe. I don't know how that works but I haven't seen anything to say it can't happen.

Advertisement