Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAIGE thread (and her retirement)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What tattoo?

She got his name done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Paige v Charlotte is MONEY

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Spoilers on return date...
    Former WWE Divas champion Paige will finally return to WWE programming this week, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

Although there had been early plans for her to return on the Smackdown brand, PWInsider.com has learned that WWE will instead have her return to the Raw roster, where she had been originally drafted during the 2016 brand split but never actually appeared post-Draft.

https://pwinsider.com/article/113521/spoiler-return-set-for-raw.html?p=1

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

J. Marston wrote: »
    Spoilers on return date...
    Former WWE Divas champion Paige will finally return to WWE programming this week, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

Although there had been early plans for her to return on the Smackdown brand, PWInsider.com has learned that WWE will instead have her return to the Raw roster, where she had been originally drafted during the 2016 brand split but never actually appeared post-Draft.

https://pwinsider.com/article/113521/spoiler-return-set-for-raw.html?p=1

So who from the
    RAW women's team at Survivor Series gets bumped
    for
    Paige's comeback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Haha....lol at them trying to follow logic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    So who from the
    RAW women's team at Survivor Series gets bumped
    for
    Paige's comeback

Wasn't the angle that
    Alicia fox picked Sasha but never picked Bayley leaving a spot free after their match? no doubt this week on Raw when Bayley questions this it will be revealed that the final spot has already been chosen as.... Paige returns

Hopefully she's dropped shouting "THIS IS MY HOUSE!"

One of my most hated things in Wrestling :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

That was one of those things where she said it once and got a reaction and then just drove it into the ground almost immediately.

I'm sort of half thinking good for Paige but also half thinking how long until she acts out again? I hope im wrong and she lives up to her talent which she undoubtedly has but just hasn't utilized it yet. When she first arrived on the scene it seemed like she was destined for great things, but she never really seemed bothered to step up to that next level and her progress seemed to plateau very quickly.

I'm just not sure she has that much talent. I never saw any standout matches from her.

To be absolutely fair though, almost all the women who've come up from NXT had appreciably better matches in NXT than on the main roster so that might be a matter of circumstance rather than talent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

For me shes like aj they were the talented ones in the diva era but now theres so much more talented women than her at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

I think it is definitely circumstance. I mean to be honest, besides the triple threat at Wrestlemania 32 and maybe one of the Sasha vs Charlotte matches on Raw, has there actually been a truly memorable womens match on main roster TV since the "Revolution"?

There have been quite a few in the *** - *** 1/2 range but the finishes they're given or the time constraints usually stop them getting to 4* or above.

It's really interesting how Paul Triple H & Vince value the women so differently. At any given time about 40% of the performance center is women but meanwhile you go to a WWE house show & the women are all jammed in one 8 minute match and many weeks on Raw they get less than 30 minutes in a 3 hour 15 minute show. In NXT they were put in position to have main event caliber matches but in WWE they're just there to fill a midcard spot like the tag, US or CW titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

One of my most hated things in Wrestling :P

Well can it be her house if it's Roman's yard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

CastorTroy wrote: »

The Big Dog !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I think Paige is extremely overrated. It really goes to show you that years in business does not always mean that somebody is good.

CastorTroy wrote: »

She lives indoors, he lives outside. Seems straight forward enough.

I would say that caused problems with her and Alberto though. He must have suspected something was going on between them.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 60,417 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

More leaks starting to appear.

Someone really wants to hurt her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

More leaks starting to appear.

Someone really wants to hurt her.

I’m not seeing this reported anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Already leaked. So I have been told... ahem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Already leaked. So I have been told... ahem.

Can you PM me a link

A friend is asking for it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Love her or hate her, I think the girls been through enough, this is gone way too far now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Love her or hate her, I think the girls been through enough, this is gone way too far now

I've always been indifferent to her, always thought and still do to this day that she's overrated. I wont agree with her behaviour with Del Rio and how she acted around that time, if she didn't have The Rock produced film she would have been sacked and deservingly so. And I do think she was given far too much to early into her career that it went to her head, and it led to the spoiled brat we got over the last two to three years.

But I do feel bad for her on the leaks, I'm sure she wasn't exactly innocent when it came to sex even at her age. But she was probably all loved up and a little dumb (she doesn't come off like the brightest and even now I think she's someone that trusts people far too easily imo) and was taken advantage of by older guys, Brad Maddox been one. But I'm sure she wasn't the only female talent behaving like that then and I'm sure a few are still, but they probably were a bit smarter to say no to someone filming them cause they knew it could come back and haunt them.

Really really feel for Paige. Anyone who heard her passion and emotion on Lillian Garcias show a few weeks back will be impacted by this. Obviously she has made some questionable choices in her life but she is a young woman who didn’t have much of a childhood just trying to find her way in the world, and now her true passion has been taken away from her. Just brutal news.

She said the doctor said she should retire on lillians podcast too but to happen so soon is cruel

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Watch now as people on twitter go after Sasha for causing the injury.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Watch now as people on twitter go after Sasha for causing the injury.

Has already happened

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

Numerous sources online reporting wwe have told Paige she is to retire from in ring action
    Her injury is far more severe than first feared apparently

Very sad for her
    She's only 25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

ayatollah wrote: »
    Numerous sources online reporting wwe have told Paige she is to retire from in ring action

Very sad for her
    She's only 25

If these reports are true I’d be very worried about her! She’s proved the last few years she’s basically a child at heart and this bad news could destroy her totally! I hope not and she goes the manager/leader/spokesperson route and then goes to the performance center after

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

ayatollah wrote: »

Very sad for her
    She's only 25
    Oh that's rough. 2017 wasn't a good year for paige in any part of her life. I can only hope she has Support around her.

Advertisement