Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Niall Boylan Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Repeats of repeats. Very boring

He was always talking about how much he loved her on his show. Feel sorry for him. Mind you the repeats of REPEATS has started again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Maybe they just played the wrong recording

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

She finally got sense.

3 kids. 2 boys and 1 girl.

• Advertisement

southstar wrote: »
    How the feck do you know all this about them.... em.. Niall

I was the lad that rang in one night saying how I wear my womans underwear. Niall. & Mike Hogan were fully aaware i was pulling the piss' It came top on a poll of the most listened too / funniest show of that year. I won a 4fm mug and Rod stweart CD.

That show is based all around wind up merchants. Without the likes of myself in it's hayday it would have been nothing.

Time's up now though. It's run it's course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I was the lad that rang in one night saying how I wear my womans underwear. Niall. & Mike Hogan were fully aaware i was pulling the piss' It came top on a poll of the most listened too / funniest show of that year. I won a 4fm mug and Rod stweart CD.

That show is based all around wind up merchants. Without the likes of myself in it's hayday it would have been nothing.

Time's up now though. It's run it's course.

Your posts in this thread are awful cringey. It’s a phone in radio show ffs.

Your posts in this thread are awful cringey. It’s a phone in radio show ffs.

apologies for bursting your bubble. getting a rise from gullable people like you made Niall & co's day believe it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

apologies for bursting your bubble. getting a rise from gullable people like you made Niall & co's day believe it or not.

You didn’t burst any bubble.

I’m talking about this kind of thing...
    Jude, John, Alan, Joe, Bill, John O'Donovan, Joan, Kevin, Paul the trucker, Me...... I could go on it's us that makes that show not Niall Boylan.

Anyone want a few 4fm mugs? Press is full of them here.

Delusions of grandeur.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Is Niall Boylan the only one that is discussing Turbidy's behavior to Peter Casey on the Late Late Show on Friday night? Of course you wouldn't expect RTE to cover it but none of the media outside RTE are covering it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭KildareP

Floppybits wrote: »
    Is Niall Boylan the only one that is discussing Turbidy's behavior to Peter Casey on the Late Late Show on Friday night? Of course you wouldn't expect RTE to cover it but none of the media outside RTE are covering it.

I reckon it's one or some of:
    (1) the media are trying to completely ignore him altogether out of disgust, given every attempt to discredit him has backfired, and are now hoping he'll just disappear into obscurity without exposure
    (2) the media are trying to completely ignore him altogether out of panic, and aren't sure what move to make next so are keeping quiet
    (3) the media are afraid of disgruntling RT

The problem is I don't think any of the above options are going to work for them either!

Casey isn't going away and he knows how to make noise and get attention, so if there's sudden radio silence from the media that's going to start a whole new wave of backlash.

They truly have created a monster but a monster entirely of their own creation.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

KildareP wrote: »
    I reckon it's one or some of:
    (1) the media are trying to completely ignore him altogether out of disgust, given every attempt to discredit him has backfired, and are now hoping he'll just disappear into obscurity without exposure
    (2) the media are trying to completely ignore him altogether out of panic, and aren't sure what move to make next so are keeping quiet
    (3) the media are afraid of disgruntling RT

The problem is I don't think any of the above options are going to work for them either!

Casey isn't going away and he knows how to make noise and get attention, so if there's sudden radio silence from the media that's going to start a whole new wave of backlash.

They truly have created a monster but a monster entirely of their own creation.

Casey is an empty vessel who happened to make a point about not favouring one group over another which many are using to showcase him as the epitome of unbiased positioning solely because they dislike the subject group of his comment..

I expect that if he had said that in general, as opposed to about the demographic he mentioned, he would not have gotten above the 1% he was polling at.
    But many people think he is the messiah because of this and that the "media/establishment" are running scared.

If there was any merit to him as a politician it would have been obvious long before now and would not have been ignited by a comment which was dismissive of a particular culture albeit logical in its most simplistic explanation.

He probably will get elected to the Dail in some constituency but only because some people think they know what he would say privately about some groups while they ignore what he does say publicly such as reducing the welfare state by increasing the pension, having more people working in social care and making 3rd level education entirely free.

This emperor has no clothes. But neither did Trump, and it worked for him. This is the world we live in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,979 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Does he have a list of lunatics/unwell on quick dial ? Have a long drive each night this week so listened in. While amusing as it was, John O'Donovan from Cork was on and he for once did not seem to be the thickest guest.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Leilak

Yeah he has his faithful go 2s who he rings according to the topic, John is a legend, then we have Jude, Padhraic, Joan ....... Ah I love Niall, sorry I mean Award Winning Niall (think that will be his epitaph)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Don't forget Steve the actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Leilak wrote: »
    Yeah he has his faithful go 2s who he rings according to the topic, John is a legend, then we have Jude, Padhraic, Joan ....... Ah I love Niall, sorry I mean Award Winning Niall (think that will be his epitaph)

Multi Award Winning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Doblin

Niall is very disappointed that his show doesn't have a busy thread here like the liveline thread. One time he was bumping up threads about himself here trying to get a discussion started.

WOW I have some mega insight into the truth behind the show. I am not 100% sure yet but when I am. Get ready and hold on to your butts.

Half of it's made up?

When he read out a reply to a segment before starting the segment one day it gave it away for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭hawley

Some guy on now who wants all bonfires banned because they bad for the environment and attract "undesirables". Niall is absolutely fuming with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

That's all the environment needs, more Boylan fumes...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭hawley

Things you wouldn't allow your children do but you did back in the day on now. Things like being out all day as children, listening if train is coming with ear on train tracks, loads of people in car without seat belt. More freedom back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭The_Dark_Lord

Delete

Post edited by The_Dark_Lord on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Are many of the shows live at night seems to be a lot of best.of or repeat are there just one or two a week live .

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Walking_Wolf

Bit surreal hearing Jeremy Dixon filling in for Niall Boylan tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭archfi

I think Mon, Tue, Thurs are live for 2 hours.

the bits from 11 to midnight are repeats

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

hes off again this week I’d say he’s away on holiday somewhere. No Jeremy this week, what a pity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭KildareP

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Advertisement