Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Niall Boylan Show

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

It’s a bit annoying when the same topics are discussed every few months e.g. Tv License.

The same people ring in aswell. Have an opinion on just about anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭hawley

Very interesting debate last night in relation to free speech in the Jimmy Carr. I didn't realize that Niall is very much anti-church. Correlation between old blasphemy laws and current situation. He's really good at that type of stuff. Would be interesting if he was given a platform on RTE.

Joke on radio roulette:

How do you spot a blind man on a nudist beach?

It's not hard

Three out of five calls from the same woman😀

Gareth in studio with Niall today before his comeback. Great to have him back on the radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Good to see him back and hope he is keeping in good health .Agree about the same callers ringing in seems a bit contrived .

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

Listening to the show after 1pm last friday and a guest came on then it cut to ads came back on as a repeat after the ads. Nials been off since was he ok. Hes back tomorrow at 12

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

Does the afternoon and evening versions of this show have different producers? I’m sure I remember Helena producing both but I haven’t listened in a number of years.

Classic Hits are advertising for a producer for Boylan for the night time show. They only advertised in September for an afternoon producer.

I wonder what the figures are for this show must be quite low if the same callers are on almost every day especially as I have heard him say they contacted them for an opinion some days surely if it was genuine there would be different callers on .

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

To me, it seems like they call the same people every day to kick off the discussion with the hope real listeners will get in touch to continue it.

So many people nowadays don’t like phone calls or confrontation that it must be hard to get anyone to agree to have a heated debate against a stranger over the phone on the radio.

• Advertisement

You are proberly right just kind of defeats the purpose of the format a bit when the show has to do the calling to keep the thing afloat seems to be very few one off callers almost every time I listen its the usual gang on .

Advertisement